• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,822 posts in this topic

I've used MattsComicShop many times. In fact he sent me a Star Wars today and it was checked into the post office, he probably just got screwed out of a few and wanted to keep what he had left, he has never screwed me. But to each his own.
A Star Wars Hot Topic variant? When you say checked into the post office, do you mean it's actually shipped and shows as received by the USPS or do you mean that you have a tracking number?

There's more to the story here from this seller that Timmay can post if he wants. It is more incriminating to this seller.

I contacted him he said he dropped it off this morning at the post office and I checked the tracking it is checked in. Like I said earlier part of me doesn't blame him. It happened to me when I got shorted on Wytches 1 NYCC I bought for $20 but the seller then cancelled on me when they hit 250. Didn't leave a neg. But that's what negs are for. I just personally haven't left one unless I got an item that was packed like and was not offered a refund.

With this happening to multiple people, even if you don't leave the warranted negative, you should file the "non-performing seller complaint" on eBay. Sellers who do this sort of thing count on people not bothering to file that.

I've used MattsComicShop many times. In fact he sent me a Star Wars today and it was checked into the post office, he probably just got screwed out of a few and wanted to keep what he had left, he has never screwed me. But to each his own.
A Star Wars Hot Topic variant? When you say checked into the post office, do you mean it's actually shipped and shows as received by the USPS or do you mean that you have a tracking number?

There's more to the story here from this seller that Timmay can post if he wants. It is more incriminating to this seller.

I contacted him he said he dropped it off this morning at the post office and I checked the tracking it is checked in. Like I said earlier part of me doesn't blame him. It happened to me when I got shorted on Wytches 1 NYCC I bought for $20 but the seller then cancelled on me when they hit 250. Didn't leave a neg. But that's what negs are for. I just personally haven't left one unless I got an item that was packed like and was not offered a refund.

A contract is a contract. He agreed to sell at a price and you agreed to buy at a price. If the price had gone down I highly doubt he would be as understanding about you deciding it was no longer worth it to you. The seller would deserve a negative feedback if they back out of a transaction out of pure greed.

I'm obviouly more forgiving than you guys but I'll leave a neg. im not going to ruin the whole guys business though over this.

Businesses sell things to people who contract to buy them, they don't decide when they feel like following through with a transaction because it benefits them more than keeping the item they agreed to sell.

Can I leave a negative feedback if someone sold me 2 copies of the hot topic at 35 and 30 2 days ago and now doesn't want to send them because of how high the prices are? Or no? I have 6 I got from hot topic myself so I don't care I just want to know what the rules are on this. Thanks for the input.

Damnnnn, who knew this will become such a hot topic (on pun intended)

This happens ALL THE TIME and especially with big sellers, I dont wanna name names, but we know who they are..

I dont know what a bad negative will do in this case other than mess up the sellers reputation, is it appropriate? maybe, will it get you the comic? no! In my book leaving a neg is just bad karma, unless the seller was rude to you after he was on the bad, there is no sense in seeking "retribution".

JMO

Can I leave a negative feedback if someone sold me 2 copies of the hot topic at 35 and 30 2 days ago and now doesn't want to send them because of how high the prices are? Or no? I have 6 I got from hot topic myself so I don't care I just want to know what the rules are on this. Thanks for the input.

This happens ALL THE TIME and especially with big sellers, I dont wanna name names, but we know who they are..

I dont know what a bad negative will do in this case other than mess up the sellers reputation, is it appropriate? maybe, will it get you the comic? no! In my book leaving a neg is just bad karma, unless the seller was rude to you after he was on the bad, there is no sense in seeking "retribution".

JMO

I agree. I'm not leaving the neg.

I'm obviouly more forgiving than you guys but I'll leave a neg. im not going to ruin the whole guys business though over this.

Think of it more as outlining the guy's business practice for future buyers. That is the purpose of feedback.

I'd hate to be the buyer of the next hot item, have the guy pull the same trick, and then find out that he'd done it before but no one had spoken up about it.

Think of it more as outlining the guy's business practice for future buyers. That is the purpose of feedback.

I'd hate to be the buyer of the next hot item, have the guy pull the same trick, and then find out that he'd done it before but no one had spoken up about it.

+1

+1

Imagine that seller is Bill Cosby and you're actually his first victim ever.

How long will you wait to say something? hm

JMO

This is just awful logic. The whole point of feedback is to give feedback so that Ebay and others can see how the person conducts business. I would think not following through on a sale would be a cardinal Ebay sin, highly worthy of leaving negative feedback. Want to avoid negs and the ramifications therefrom? Ship the items you sold.

Again, comic book dealers do it all the time, its common practice to them, no way of changing that, no matter how many bad feedbacks you leave. They get HUNDREDS of negative feedbacks and most for that reason alone..

Im not taking sides here, but unfortunately, thats just how it is

This is absurd. I just wish I could short the Hot Topic book like a stock. I'd sell them all day long @ $200 each, then buy them back to fill orders in two months when they fall back to $20.

Anyone recall the Elektra 3 recalled nude variant...? Marvel can ask retailers to shred them, but that just isn't going to happen. This book will not be as rare as people think, and at the end of the day the different back cover ad is not all that interesting. Hype will die on this one with a quickness. If you have them, SELL NOW.

There are a lot of books I wish I could have shorted :insane:

Hi how are you, would you be ok with me sending you only one of the Star Wars Hot Topics? I'm having issues filling orders. I think one at $20 is a pretty great deal anyway since they are approaching $200. Please let me know asap. Sorry for the inconvenience. -Matt

Hi Matt, I'm sorry but I'm not ok with that. I won them both, I paid for them both, and you already marked them as shipped with a tracking number. If they were going for $5 today would you be sending me this message?

Thanks,

Tim

That's true. I was just checking. I know you've bought from me before and I'd like you to buy from me again so they will both be going out to you today. Congrats on the great deal. -Matt

I'm sorry I'm not able to fulfill the order I sold too many. I have none left you will see none listed on this account anymore. You can leave a negative feedback if you must.

Thank you. I hope your integrity was worth the extra $150 bucks.

The day after I won and paid for two copies via auction from him he sold three more for $100 a pop.

This chump will be getting two negs with 1 star across the board; I'm sure that will help his powerseller status.

and it's up for sale under another a different account

Again, comic book dealers do it all the time, its common practice to them, no way of changing that, no matter how many bad feedbacks you leave. They get HUNDREDS of negative feedbacks and most for that reason alone..

Do you leave positive feedback? If so, why?

Hi how are you, would you be ok with me sending you only one of the Star Wars Hot Topics? I'm having issues filling orders. I think one at $20 is a pretty great deal anyway since they are approaching $200. Please let me know asap. Sorry for the inconvenience. -Matt

Hi Matt, I'm sorry but I'm not ok with that. I won them both, I paid for them both, and you already marked them as shipped with a tracking number. If they were going for $5 today would you be sending me this message?

Thanks,

Tim

That's true. I was just checking. I know you've bought from me before and I'd like you to buy from me again so they will both be going out to you today. Congrats on the great deal. -Matt

I'm sorry I'm not able to fulfill the order I sold too many. I have none left you will see none listed on this account anymore. You can leave a negative feedback if you must.

Thank you. I hope your integrity was worth the extra $150 bucks.

The day after I won and paid for two copies via auction from him he sold three more for $100 a pop.

This chump will be getting two negs with 1 star across the board; I'm sure that will help his powerseller status.

and it's up for sale under another a different account

That is crappy. Both accounts blocked. (thumbs u

Edited by The Authority

Do you leave positive feedback? If so, why?

Are you insinuating that leaving a positive feedback has the same weigh as leaving a negative?

How many negatives have YOU left?