• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,791 posts in this topic

Can I leave a negative feedback if someone sold me 2 copies of the hot topic at 35 and 30 2 days ago and now doesn't want to send them because of how high the prices are? Or no? I have 6 I got from hot topic myself so I don't care I just want to know what the rules are on this. Thanks for the input.

Leave two negs.

Same thing happened to me today.

mattscomicshop on ebay can suck it

I'm sure the two negs I leave will help his powerseller status.

Definitely leave the neg. If the tables were turned and prices plummeted, you would still be expected to pay full price on the items you committed to buy.

I decided to sell my other copy, which already sold - not too shabby but I'm out now. Best wishes for everybody holding. :wishluck: If a reprint happens soon, I don't think prices will hold.

I have the same thoughts on negative feedback. I absolutely hate leaving it and if there were circumstances out of the seller's control, I might think differently, but if someone breaks their word, so be it.

I think we should start a separate thread on who is pulling the of not shipping completed orders/auctions. I wish there was a way to block sellers on Ebay.

First doucher:

mattscomicshop

Any conventions coming up that they will be attending around the release date?

Ill have to ask them, Gonna be in dirty joisy for the superbowl

EDIT - duh, the book comes out on feb 25 I forgot.. Just spoke to the store and they said that they are trying to get Hughes for the signing on the release date.. Keep you updated

Edited by Aweandlorder

Can I leave a negative feedback if someone sold me 2 copies of the hot topic at 35 and 30 2 days ago and now doesn't want to send them because of how high the prices are?

This happens all the time in the magic the gathering card market. Prices can spike in hours, buyouts happen instantly because of speculation. Some sellers refuse to send a $30 card they sold for $3, they get neg'd and lose all business. Sellers that send the card for the pre-spike price have tons more regular business than the schlub that refuses to. Neg this guy, there's no room in the market for sellers like him. In fact, PM me his ID so I can block him.

This is absurd. I just wish I could short the Hot Topic book like a stock. I'd sell them all day long @ $200 each, then buy them back to fill orders in two months when they fall back to $20.

Anyone recall the Elektra 3 recalled nude variant...? Marvel can ask retailers to shred them, but that just isn't going to happen. This book will not be as rare as people think, and at the end of the day the different back cover ad is not all that interesting. Hype will die on this one with a quickness. If you have them, SELL NOW.

I've used MattsComicShop many times. In fact he sent me a Star Wars today and it was checked into the post office, he probably just got screwed out of a few and wanted to keep what he had left, he has never screwed me. But to each his own.
A Star Wars Hot Topic variant? When you say checked into the post office, do you mean it's actually shipped and shows as received by the USPS or do you mean that you have a tracking number?

There's more to the story here from this seller that Timmay can post if he wants. It is more incriminating to this seller.

That's going to be like mission impossible to determine IMO.

It can't be all that high due to the recall and I'm sure some are never going to be let go by serious SW collectors. I'd think If a majority of them were picked up before being pulled we'd be seeing way more on ebay than right now.

I've used MattsComicShop many times. In fact he sent me a Star Wars today and it was checked into the post office, he probably just got screwed out of a few and wanted to keep what he had left, he has never screwed me. But to each his own.
A Star Wars Hot Topic variant? When you say checked into the post office, do you mean it's actually shipped and shows as received by the USPS or do you mean that you have a tracking number?

There's more to the story here from this seller that Timmay can post if he wants. It is more incriminating to this seller.

I contacted him he said he dropped it off this morning at the post office and I checked the tracking it is checked in. Like I said earlier part of me doesn't blame him. It happened to me when I got shorted on Wytches 1 NYCC I bought for $20 but the seller then cancelled on me when they hit 250. Didn't leave a neg. But that's what negs are for. I just personally haven't left one unless I got an item that was packed like and was not offered a refund.

That's going to be like mission impossible to determine IMO.

It can't be all that high due to the recall and I'm sure some are never going to be let go by serious SW collectors. I'd think If a majority of them were picked up before being pulled we'd be seeing way more on ebay than right now.

True.. I just could never see myself paying that much for one of these. Must be completists..