• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,788 posts in this topic

This thread is so off the tracks...

hm

Are the books being discussed modern?

No.

Are they at least heating up on eBay?

Um, no.

I never thought I'd see the day that US 1 would get so much airtime here, but I guess that is just the world we live in these days, what with Sleepwalker #1 having ruined the natural order of things. Up is now the new down.

But is says "High Adventure Trucking"!

I don't know what that means, but it I think it probably involves a Red Sovine record and some kind of Schedule A narcotic.

US_1_Vol_1_1.jpg

subir imagenes gratis

I never read US1 is it similar to Ghost Fleet?

I just picked up a mint copy for 5/1.00 at my LCS. Gonna read it on the John later.

Lovin sw ht

I still dont understand why its recalled? because of the Hulk action figure or because of some movie announcement which is leaked in the book.. so confused

That's because it is not recalled. It is delayed despite some here would have you believe. 2c

who the heck knows anymore.. the whole thing is so absurd.. iev heard people saying that this hottpic malarkey is the next 35 cent star wars :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

People forget that - this book had a million variants and I wouldnt be surprised that even if its recalled the print run of that variant will prolly be higher than some other variants of the same book.. Theres just too damn many

Well IH324 is picking up steam on the bay probably because of this too.

A few weeks ago, it was selling $8-10 tops. Last few days they've been going for $30-40+ or more. (shrug)

Has there been any definitive statement about whether the Hot Topics that are being "recalled" are indeed actually being destroyed - or just stored for later distribution?

But is says "High Adventure Trucking"!

I don't know what that means, but it I think it probably involves a Red Sovine record and some kind of Schedule A narcotic.

US_1_Vol_1_1.jpg

subir imagenes gratis

I never read US1 is it similar to Ghost Fleet?

I just picked up a mint copy for 5/1.00 at my LCS. Gonna read it on the John later.

Deal of the day...

I used to own this. When I didn't want it anymore, a guy gave me actual money for it

cap269a_noSN_zpsgzkbwjas.jpg

I thought I might have been that guy! But nope, mine is different....

CaptainAmerica269SS-1.jpg

Team America is a VERY sentimental series for my brother and me, so I jumped at the chance to buy my copy. :cloud9:

Edited by dane323

Marvel first appearances, right?

33122-5044-36977-1-secret-defenders-th.jpg

If "Dreadlox" makes a book pop, I get out of the business.

17njcuf9imqntpng.png

Actually, you may want to prepare yourself. Apparently, Dreadlox is slated for a minor role in the upcoming Avengers 4 movie. Only this time, she's going to be cast as a white male. His/her first appearance should still be a $20-30 book, nonetheless. :preach:

I still dont understand why its recalled? because of the Hulk action figure or because of some movie announcement which is leaked in the book.. so confused

That's because it is not recalled. It is delayed despite some here would have you believe. 2c

who the heck knows anymore.. the whole thing is so absurd.. iev heard people saying that this hottpic malarkey is the next 35 cent star wars :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

People forget that - this book had a million variants and I wouldnt be surprised that even if its recalled the print run of that variant will prolly be higher than some other variants of the same book.. Theres just too damn many

A few weeks ago, it was selling $8-10 tops. Last few days they've been going for $30-40+ or more. (shrug)

Has there been any definitive statement about whether the Hot Topics that are being "recalled" are indeed actually being destroyed - or just stored for later distribution?

Looks like they are going back on sale

From facebook

Supposedly email sent to Hot Topic Stores

official HOT TOPIC Star Wars #1 variant update:

a) Do NOT purchase this variant on eBay at ridiculous prices !

b) Stores that did not discard and/or destroy their copies are returning them to the sales floor and continue to sell at $4.99

c) There is no confirmation that a "reprint" is coming.

d) The FUNKO POP! Avengers image on the back of the comic is no longer "confidential".

e) Bleeding Cool's terms of "recall" / "pulping" / and "spoiler" were not used in any of the Hot Topic official e-mails, and their stated price was not $3.99, actually it should of been $7.99, but stores are honoring the $4.99 cover price, until further notice. (again too much conflicting information)

f) Hot Topic stores will receive "further direction" on Monday.

From facebook

b) Stores that did not discard and/or destroy their copies are returning them to the sales floor and continue to sell at $4.99

d) The FUNKO POP! Avengers image on the back of the comic is no longer "confidential".

e) Bleeding Cool's terms of "recall" / "pulping" / and "spoiler" were not used in any of the Hot Topic official e-mails, and their stated price was not $3.99, actually it should of been $7.99, but stores are honoring the $4.99 cover price, until further notice. (again too much conflicting information)

Ha! This is awesome. Now what the $#1T hit the fan as buyers everywhere open eBay "item not as described" claims in hopes of getting refunds from sellers.

It's slowed down (of course), but copies are still selling for $50 to $100. With all the hype this has caused, I can see copies on walls of cons this Spring still asking $50 a copy being realistic. Definitely will be the one variant people will talk about for awhile...

unless we get a Manara Princess Leia. :gossip:

There are still people selling them on these boards for big money currently...

sour grapes

This could be interesting. I wonder how many sellers will let the buyers slide (out of kindness, not because they are obligated or should) or are we going to get a lot of Probation List nominations for non-payment?

Marvel first appearances, right?

If "Dreadlox" makes a book pop, I get out of the business.

Will you give me your inventory if it happens? :baiting:

Dreadlox?!?!?!!

I almost fell out of my chair! What in the hell went through Marvel's mind....?

Bwahahahahaha. So bizarre.....

From facebook

I knew it was a short window.

That window just got slammed shut.

Hopefully people learn from this.... They probably won't, but....