• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

Sex Criminals #3 $21.99

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sex-Criminals-3-1St-Print-/181539899140?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a449f0704

It seems issue #3 and #4 are the tough books to get in almost every series that gets hot. The next series that I think is going to blow, I'm going to load up on them...which will insure they won't heat up. lol

I noticed that too...

It used to be issue #2 was the toughie.

The problem I have with Spider-Gwen is that there aren’t much variants for the cover of the first issue. hm

Of course, the fact that Gwen Stacy is dead does not help. :shrug:

I don't think anyone cares about how we feel about this my friend - the Spider-Gwen train is running full steam ahead and the only options we have are to jump on or get out of the way.

Personally, I'm holding all of my speculative cash until Spider-Ben launches.

I am so modern that you can’t even begin to understand me. :cool:

I feel like an old man asking people if nothing is sacred... and being told no, nothing is!

But I still think it is fun to watch people have enthusiasm over the character. And if some readers connect to the character, if more female readers are drawn in because of it... maybe it is OK.

The mad scramble for cash with this character is weird to me though :ohnoez:

Can someone answer which studio owns Mike Morales? If Marvel studios owns him then no way they would work out a deal with Peter -Spidey just to not use him for something they do have in subsequent films.

Edited by natevegas

The problem I have with Spider-Gwen is that there aren’t much variants for the cover of the first issue. hm

I don't think anyone cares about how we feel about this my friend - the Spider-Gwen train is running full steam ahead and the only options we have are to jump on or get out of the way.

Too late...

Amazing_Scarlet_Spider_Vol_1_1.jpg

:D

-slym

I heard they are coming out with a Spider-Spider , the original spider that bit PP's staring role

Why not, right? The orginal story had the spider dying immediately after biting Peter Parker, now we know it somehow lived long enough to bite Cindy Moon, why not have it not die at all?

Think about all the things it could bite that we see series made from: Spider-Squirrel, Spider-Pigeon, Spider-Rat & Spider-Cat!

:ohnoez:

-slym

Too late...

Amazing_Scarlet_Spider_Vol_1_1.jpg

:D

-slym

I almost quantified my original 'Spider-Ben' by adding 'and not Reilly' but I figured it wouldn't be as funny... look at me assuming it was funny at all! :makepoint:

I feel like an old man asking people if nothing is sacred... and being told no, nothing is!

But I still think it is fun to watch people have enthusiasm over the character. And if some readers connect to the character, if more female readers are drawn in because of it... maybe it is OK.

Honestly, I don’t think here the matter is about respect for the characters: that is long gone and besides this Gwen is a "What If" as most of what they have been doing, even in "continuity"…

What I find ridiculous is the speculating, especially around books like that X-Force which are not even worth the paper they were printed on. :sick:

Now, Marvel you don’t know the next big thing, but here I reveal it for you: Peter Parker has obviusly a cousin, which is a mermaid, from the Uncle Ben / Aunt May prototype issue. What are you waiting for? :cool:

OK, I was just persuing through my "To Sell" box and happened across a set of ASM vol.2 comics, #s 30-35 I must have picked up pretty cheap in the past, and started looking through GPA on these books (since I can afford it now :P ) - is there any reason #33 is such an outlier amongst those issues? A couple are in the $50-60 range for CGC 9.8, but most are $35 or less, except #33 - $98/90-day avg., last sale was $148!

(Yes, I'd say that this issue selling for that price seems to fit the "moderns are heating up" thread!)

;)

-slym

Honestly, I don’t think here the matter is about respect for the characters: that is long gone and besides this Gwen is a "What If" as most of what they have been doing, even in "continuity"…

What I find ridiculous is the speculating, especially around books like that X-Force which are not even worth the paper they were printed on. :sick:

Now, Marvel you don’t know the next big thing, but here I reveal it for you: Peter Parker has obviusly a cousin, which is a mermaid, from the Uncle Ben / Aunt May prototype issue. What are you waiting for? :cool:

I definitely think some moderns have true value, but I think you and I probably agree on a lot of the ones that won't hold value. I imagine most everyone in this thread knows which are which too.

OK, I was just persuing through my "To Sell" box and happened across a set of ASM vol.2 comics, #s 30-35 I must have picked up pretty cheap in the past, and started looking through GPA on these books (since I can afford it now :P ) - is there any reason #33 is such an outlier amongst those issues? A couple are in the $50-60 range for CGC 9.8, but most are $35 or less, except #33 - $98/90-day avg., last sale was $148!

(Yes, I'd say that this issue selling for that price seems to fit the "moderns are heating up" thread!)

;)

-slym

Campbell cover (shrug)

Peter Parker is dead too. Did you see the variants on that book ? lol

Back to heating up...

Sex Criminals #1 $30 with 6 hours to go. lol

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sex-Criminals-1-first-print-awesome-book-NM-/221694944697?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item339e0c65b9

I found a stack of these in a box today, so when I look on ebay I can only see 20 or so #1's for sale,.......and half of those are BIn at over $40........looks like they are disappearing

;)

Campbell cover (shrug)

But they are all Campbell covers! And #33 is not one of the more dynamic ones of this grouping.

:)

-slym