• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,788 posts in this topic

Guy is 31 years old. Totally wrong - if they did for some crazy reason do a Miles Morales and went with anyone other than a late teenager, they'd be missing the point.

Guy is 31 years old. Totally wrong - if they did for some crazy reason do a Miles Morales and went with anyone other than a late teenager, they'd be missing the point.

Him being 31 years old is probably THE only thing going against him. Grammy nominated, Writers Guild of America award winner, and nominated several times for his acting.

List of awards and nominations

Him being 31 years old is probably THE only thing going against him. Grammy nominated, Writers Guild of America award winner, and nominated several times for his acting.

List of awards and nominations

I have nothing against the guy. It's just not a good idea unless he is playing Peter Parker, and even then... not a good idea in my opinion, because I want to see a younger Spider-man.

Glover is awesome! :headbang: As far as him being Spidey goes, I wouldn't comment until I saw it. Its not uncommon for much older actors to portray late teens. Garfield is 31, and I didn't feel like I was watching a middle aged spider-man. I didn't care for those movies, but I didn't feel like his age was an issue.

Glover is awesome! :headbang: As far as him being Spidey goes, I wouldn't comment until I saw it. Its not uncommon for much older actors to portray late teens. Garfield is 31, and I didn't feel like I was watching a middle aged spider-man. I didn't care for those movies, but I didn't feel like his age was an issue.

He was also way too old. Tobey was too, really, but unlike Garfield, he didn't look and act like the coolest kid in school.

Gotchya. Can't argue if you thought Garfield was too old as well.

Personally, I hated Tobey's spider-man. I've never really been able to explain why. I think I might just not care for him as an actor.

I liked Garfield as spidey just fine, but the movies were (imho) :sick:

Gotchya. Can't argue if you thought Garfield was too old as well.

Personally, I hated Tobey's spider-man. I've never really been able to explain why. I think I might just not care for him as an actor.

I liked Garfield as spidey just fine, but the movies were (imho) :sick:

Garfield was 'OK' but there wasn't much about the persona that screamed Spider-man or Peter Parker to me.

The 'Amazing' movies sucked, the second one was legitimately awful.

You will enjoy it. I have to admit at the time I hated Bendis so I wouldn't touch the book. After reading it a few months back I cant believe I didn't try it at the time. Very well done. The issue with Jessica and Jean Grey was just brilliant.

It made me look at the Purple Man differently then a two bit Marvel villain the Daredevil beat up constantly.

The Purple Man was never "a two bit Marvel villain the Daredevil beat up constantly” – I always found it one of the most accomplished Daredevil villains, even if used very sporadically. :shrug:

They even created the character of his daughter on Alpha Flight, which it was brilliant.

Alias, on the other hand, is – I guess – Bendis left free to do mostly a thing on its own, which is both good and bad, seeing how he despised and disregarded most of the Marvel characters for years.

:baiting:

You are supposed to capitalize "Italian."

;)

With the influence of electronic writing, and how I handle the files on my computer, I ended up capitalizing a lot of words, then I felt like I was getting german, so I am trying to capitalize what is more proper. lol

In italian, you do not capitalize adjectives connotating the nationality, like italian, american, etc. and not even the language names – is it "mandatory" in english?

In English, we capitalize "proper nouns." Specific locations, businesses, people's names, that kind of thing.

You know I was just teasing you, right? Although we do seem to have uncovered an interesting difference in our languages.

;)

-slym

Yup, I know you were teasing, but that’s interesting as – as much as I like english's choice of capitalizations (and tend to use it) I have found that the italian rules were easier, and I am trying to get back to them.

I mean, when I write in italian I just have to remember that I need to capitalize people's names, locations and little more, while in english I am always unsure. I do capitalize "Golden Age", however, as it’s not a generic addressing a "golden age" but refers to the comics' period.

In German is also easy because they capitalize each and every noun, but it gets somewhat cluttered and less comfortable to read, as much as these things benefit from habit, of course. :)

retorigins10Secretorigins10Secretorigins10Secretorigins10Secretorigins10Secretorigins10Secretori

gins10Secretorigins10Secretorigins10Secretorigins10Secretorigins10Secretorigins10Secretorigins1

0Secretorigins10Secretorigins10Secretorigins10Secretorigins10Secretorigins10Secretorigins10Sec

retorigins10Secretorigins10Secretorigins10Secretorigins10Secretorigins10Secretorigins10Secretori

gins10Secre

So, funny story, at least I thought it was funny:

While perusing a long box, I found a run of Swamp Thing and, lo and behold the Moore run was there. All the keys, 20,21,25,37,38, in about VF. I grabbed the whole run at $2.00 each. Then, I noticed there were two books missing - 49 and 50. hm I still wonder if a pithy young speculator went through the box before I did and was elated to find the 49 and 50, missing the forest for the trees so to speak. lol

Was this at a Con or in the wild? In the wild, I never take the time to pick, I just do a quick assay, and then make an offer for everything. :grin:

gins10Secretorigins10Secretorigins10Secretorigins10Secretorigins10Secretorigins10Secretorigins1

0Secretorigins10Secretorigins10Secretorigins10Secretorigins10Secretorigins10Secretorigins10Sec

gins10Secre

Did this show up in shops today? I went to two shops, neither had it, and the one I asked about in didn't get it at all with their order.

-slym

I know everyone remembers Star Wars hot topic....Just found out the grades on the three I sent in. All 9.8s baby!!!!! :whee: One is for a friend and I'll probably sell one on Instagram (I haven't sold on ebay yet).

Now I just need to come up with a price. Any recommendations? I'm the first one with these according to the census.

I'll let everyone know what the label says when I get them. My guess it will just say "Hot Topic Edition" and not mention the recall.

very few copies of Secret Origins...not that people could tell since they were all grabbing spider-gwen and ignoring what few SO were there.

I told one shop owner he should limit them to 1 per customer (I took 2 for the heads up).

Edited by krighton