• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,793 posts in this topic

Boy, people are going to be pissed if the character is changed or dropped from the movie.

Or actually in the movie and then forgotten like the 400 other villains/bad guys/2nd,3rd,4th, etc. tier characters that no one cares about in past and upcoming movies...

+1

Book will be back in $1 bins before it's all said and done.

Kudos to those making that money though.

Went to 2nd location of LCS I don't visit too often.

I found 35 copies of UF#4 first print and probably just as many 2nd prints, all in the $1 bin.

I know the owner and have sold stuff to him a few times. Always a great guy.

I screened the first prints and picked the best 10 copies for myself, brought the remaining 25 up to him and said "Hey (name), I found you a pile of money". He was grateful. He knew there was some spec on the book, but I don't think he knew how much until when he undoubtedly looked them up later. Definitely had no idea they were tucked away in the back of the "U"s. He and his wife just had a baby about 6 months ago, and I know he's been even more stressed out than usual recently.

It's not always about stiffing the LCS when something heats up. Remember to take care of those that allow you to keep doing what you enjoy. And it will feel good. I just hope he flips them soon.

^^

If you are interested in that Alias Omnibus, let me know.

I wasn't sure if that one was signed by Bendis or not. Couldn't remember if it was that AND Powers he signed for me, or just Powers. It was just Powers (he did personalized signatures when he was signing that time).

Regardless of whether Alias/Pulse takes off in price, it absolutely must be read. Loved that series.

Yeah, I've heard it is.

Really well written Purple Man for the villain.

I'm gonna pick it up soon to read for the first time.

One of the most gut-wrenching storylines I've ever read. Just an incredible arc, and Top 10 series of all time for me.

Regardless of whether Alias/Pulse takes off in price, it absolutely must be read. Loved that series.

Yeah, I've heard it is.

Really well written Purple Man for the villain.

I'm gonna pick it up soon to read for the first time.

You will enjoy it. I have to admit at the time I hated Bendis so I wouldn't touch the book. After reading it a few months back I cant believe I didn't try it at the time. Very well done. The issue with Jessica and Jean Grey was just brilliant.

It made me look at the Purple Man differently then a two bit Marvel villain the Daredevil beat up constantly.

Edited by Fastballspecial

Speaking of which, Bendis's work on Daredevil is worth reviewing too. The arc where Matt Murdoch get's outed and then sued by the villains that he put away made me laugh out loud.

Edited by jmh722

True. You know, if you buy these special goggles you can actually see through the bag and determine whether its a true 9.8.

I betcha thats what the seller did!

Not to be outdone...

i guarantee this is because of me... i went in there and raid their dollar bin 2 days ago... took 14 copies... and they were like "whats going on with this book?"... i just said i was taking a gamble... same thing happened when i took a huge stack of Morlocks #1... next day the price skyrocketed lol...

That's funny.

I don't understand the overreaction in price increase however. So he sells a dozen copies for $1 each and that triggers research. That research shows what? Speculation and some $10-15 sales. So raise the price to... $45?? Why? Is their goal to be priced 3-5x higher than the market?

Because they almost always have a coupon code for 40-60% off. Boom, back down to market value.

Not to be outdone...

i guarantee this is because of me... i went in there and raid their dollar bin 2 days ago... took 14 copies... and they were like "whats going on with this book?"... i just said i was taking a gamble... same thing happened when i took a huge stack of Morlocks #1... next day the price skyrocketed lol...

That's funny.

I don't understand the overreaction in price increase however. So he sells a dozen copies for $1 each and that triggers research. That research shows what? Speculation and some $10-15 sales. So raise the price to... $45?? Why? Is their goal to be priced 3-5x higher than the market?

Because they almost always have a coupon code for 40-60% off. Boom, back down to 2x market value.

Not to be outdone...

That's funny.

Because they almost always have a coupon code for 40-60% off. Boom, back down to 2x market value.

Huh? They have them listed for $45. 50% off would be $22.50. There was a link posted to one that sold for $24.