• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,793 posts in this topic

Not to be outdone...

chucky.jpg

I just love how Chuck thinks newsstands are worth 3 times what his already overpriced direct editions are. :facepalm:

Even a VG copy of the newstand is more than the Near Mint direct edition. :screwy:

I don't mind the philosophy of it. If you don't care, buy the cheaper one. But if you care, I'm gonna get more money for it. There's for sure some completionists out there who will pay 'some' premium. HOW much of course is up to the individual. But if newsstand is your thing, there's no where else where you can buy THAT many newsstands.

Not to be outdone...

chucky.jpg

i guarantee this is because of me... i went in there and raid their dollar bin 2 days ago... took 14 copies... and they were like "whats going on with this book?"... i just said i was taking a gamble... same thing happened when i took a huge stack of Morlocks #1... next day the price skyrocketed lol...

Went to 2nd location of LCS I don't visit too often.

I found 35 copies of UF#4 first print and probably just as many 2nd prints, all in the $1 bin.

I know the owner and have sold stuff to him a few times. Always a great guy.

I screened the first prints and picked the best 10 copies for myself, brought the remaining 25 up to him and said "Hey (name), I found you a pile of money". He was grateful. He knew there was some spec on the book, but I don't think he knew how much until when he undoubtedly looked them up later. Definitely had no idea they were tucked away in the back of the "U"s. He and his wife just had a baby about 6 months ago, and I know he's been even more stressed out than usual recently.

It's not always about stiffing the LCS when something heats up. Remember to take care of those that allow you to keep doing what you enjoy. And it will feel good. I just hope he flips them soon.

I found 35 copies of UF#4 first print and probably just as many 2nd prints, all in the $1 bin.

I screened the first prints and picked the best 10 copies for myself, brought the remaining 25 up to him and said "Hey (name), I found you a pile of money". He was grateful. He knew there was some spec on the book, but I don't think he knew how much until when he undoubtedly looked them up later. He just had a baby about 6 months ago, and I know he's been even more stressed out than usual recently.

It's not always about stiffing the LCS when something heats up. Remember to take care of those that allow you to keep doing what you enjoy. And it will feel good. I just hope he flips them soon.

We need a LIKE button in here. :cool:

Not to be outdone...

chucky.jpg

i guarantee this is because of me... i went in there and raid their dollar bin 2 days ago... took 14 copies... and they were like "whats going on with this book?"... i just said i was taking a gamble... same thing happened when i took a huge stack of Morlocks #1... next day the price skyrocketed lol...

That's funny.

I don't understand the overreaction in price increase however. So he sells a dozen copies for $1 each and that triggers research. That research shows what? Speculation and some $10-15 sales. So raise the price to... $45?? Why? Is their goal to be priced 3-5x higher than the market?

Edited by Silverdream

I screened the first prints and picked the best 10 copies for myself, brought the remaining 25 up to him and said "Hey (name), I found you a pile of money". He was grateful. He knew there was some spec on the book, but I don't think he knew how much until when he undoubtedly looked them up later. Definitely had no idea they were tucked away in the back of the "U"s. He and his wife just had a baby about 6 months ago, and I know he's been even more stressed out than usual recently.

Extremely cool of you to do!

I screened the first prints and picked the best 10 copies for myself, brought the remaining 25 up to him and said "Hey (name), I found you a pile of money". He was grateful. He knew there was some spec on the book, but I don't think he knew how much until when he undoubtedly looked them up later. He just had a baby about 6 months ago, and I know he's been even more stressed out than usual recently.

We need a LIKE button in here. :cool:

How about an UNLIKE button too?

thats exactly what i do... i always stop into Time Warp in Boulder and tell them books to yank and flip... i dont even take any from them... mile high i usually take half since they have a bagillion issues of everything... i believe in comic book scalping karma lol...

Print run on UF 4 1st was what? 75kish?
MOAR. But maybe not that much more. My guestimate would have been 90K-105K. It was kind of big deal, even then.

Boy, people are going to be pissed if the character is changed or dropped from the movie.

Or actually in the movie and then forgotten like the 400 other villains/bad guys/2nd,3rd,4th, etc. tier characters that no one cares about in past and upcoming movies...