• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

I sold my blanks too early :cry:

How many copies of Valiant 2012 preview are out there.....pretty darn thin comic.

About 8,000 of the Valiant 2012 Preview from C2E2... first new Valiant comic (it's a 16-page preview).

v2012_c2e2.jpg

we should talk about how impossible those harbringer blank flip books are...

The Harbinger #1 blank flipbooks (has X-O #1 on the flip) are 1,000 copies.

h1flipsm.jpgx1flipsm.jpg

This trade has all 4 of the 2012 summer #1 issues... nice quality, thick book. 1,000 copies.

v2012_sov_tpb.jpg

Good thing I did not have any takers on my 2012 Valiant relaunch variants at the fall shows last year. lol

You won't again this year. :baiting:lol

That's because they will all be posted online to get the exchange rate kicker instead. :acclaim:

8,000, wonder how many people bagged and boarded them...a lot of stuff like that gets tossed or dog eared.

They were handed out at C2E2 by Atom! Freeman at the Valiant booth.

He yelled "FREE COMICS!" and stuffed one in the hand of everyone who walked by.

A bunch would have ended up where most "FREE COMICS!" being stuffed in your hand at a convention end up... at the nearest trash can.

I watched Atom! do the same a couple of months later at HeroesCon in Charlotte in 2012.

A number of them did end up in the hands of actual collectors and some early Valiant supporter comic shops received some of the print run.

Those were probably a combination of "checkout bag freebies" that got tossed and actual "coveted items" for the Valiant fans who could get their hands on them.

They were $10 with free sketches at ECCC 2013.

Barry Kitson and Stefano Gaudiano.

I sold them for way too cheap and can't find any pictures of them online :(

What are these bringing? I still have some from ECCC stored away. Haven't touched them in 2 years!

WHY DID I SELL THIS?!

8eebb12c82b3bc25888f5ac57feeeb18_zps12om3woc.jpg

WHAT ABOUT THE GAUDIANO BEFORE HE STARTED INKING WALKING DEAD?

WHY! WHY?!

thought I'd sold mine...I think the print run was 1k.

This guy could barely give them away in late 2013

http://www.valiantfans.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=32644&view=previous

I was able to take pre-orders for X-O/Harbinger blank flipbooks and secured 25% of the print run (250 copies) at HeroesCon 2012 for all the guys on the ValiantFans.com board.

Valiant didn't sell the books anywhere but in person at conventions, but they did let me buy them in person for everyone else.

Those guys bought so many, Valiant would have sold every copy to me and had none at the booth...

so they told me they would have the printers ship the 250 directly to me.

I had to do the distribution. I paid $12.50 each at the con... then shipping, paypal fees, etc.

The link above shows what happened when Tim tried selling those books to the same guys who got them a year earlier.

I was able to take pre-orders for X-O/Harbinger blank flipbooks and secured 25% of the print run (250 copies) at HeroesCon 2012 for all the guys on the ValiantFans.com board.

Valiant didn't sell the books anywhere but in person at conventions, but they did let me buy them in person for everyone else.

Those guys bought so many, Valiant would have sold every copy to me and had none at the booth...

I had to do the distribution. I paid $12.50 each at the con... then shipping, paypal fees, etc.

The link above shows what happened when Tim tried selling those books to the same guys who got them a year earlier.

They still had some at NYCC in 2012, along with the A&A/Bloodshot flipbooks and the Summer of Valiant trade (which, BTW, may only be 950 copies; at least, that's the number of copies indicated on the label on the box that I got when I bought a stack of those trades for the board). Only 2 SoV slabs on the census. I may have to add to that total. Too bad I didn't have all of the signatures witnessed on my second copy.

They still had some at NYCC in 2012, along with the A&A/Bloodshot flipbooks and the Summer of Valiant trade (which, BTW, may only be 950 copies; at least, that's the number of copies indicated on the label on the box that I got when I bought a stack of those trades for the board). Only 2 SoV slabs on the census. I may have to add to that total. Too bad I didn't have all of the signatures witnessed on my second copy.

I slabbed both of those SOVs, and apparently sold one for too little!! :-) That's OK, it paid for the other one.

I slabbed both of those SOVs, and apparently sold one for too little!! :-) That's OK, it paid for the other one.

Do you remember is either had the funky spine defect? (if so, I think my copy could come back a 9.8)

So the best selling comic of February?

Come on, guess...

Orphan Black.

Say what?!?!!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/orphan-black-1-was-the-best-selling-title-in-february-2015

I'm surprised, and not at the same time. This show has a huge following.