• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,809 posts in this topic

how did someone with zero feedback list something for 12 grand?!

someone with zero feedback that claims to have been in the business for 25 years & have 100% eBay feedback with thousands of transactions in their description.

Thankfully, it looks like they fixed the price. Down to 99.95 now.

someone with zero feedback that claims to have been in the business for 25 years & have 100% eBay feedback with thousands of transactions in their description.

Assuming it is who I think it is...He's just started his ebay store. I've bought from cloud 9 many times over the years here in PDX. His website is brimming with cool stuff :)

I think he had a typo for the X-Men 94 CGC 9.8 book that is now listed (thumbs u

http://cloudninecomics.com

Jerome

Edited by jump_ace

Assuming it is who I think it is...He's just started his ebay store. I've bought from cloud 9 many times over the years here in PDX. His website is brimming with cool stuff :)

I think he had a typo for the X-Men 94 CGC 9.8 book that is now listed (thumbs u

Jerome

I don't doubt Cloud Nine is legit. I question the ebay account for being legit. You'd think that they wouldn't claim to have 100% ebay feedback when their ebay account is all of about 8 weeks old. You'd think that someone legit would explain that they've been selling off ebay for years and have recently moved into that market rather than saying "we have 100% feedback on ebay" with a feedback rating of 0.

Though, I guess 0 ebay transactions and a seller rating of 0 COULD be construed as 100%, in a very loose way. But somehow, this feels like dividing by 0.

Jerome

I don't doubt Cloud Nine is legit. I question the ebay account for being legit. You'd think that they wouldn't claim to have 100% ebay feedback when their ebay account is all of about 8 weeks old. You'd think that someone legit would explain that they've been selling off ebay for years and have recently moved into that market rather than saying "we have 100% feedback on ebay" with a feedback rating of 0.

Though, I guess 0 ebay transactions and a seller rating of 0 COULD be construed as 100%, in a very loose way. But somehow, this feels like dividing by 0.

All valid points for sure.

Jerome

Jerome

Breaking in a shill account (shrug)

wait, are "classic" valiant books actually selling or just the asking prices have skyrocketed?

First appearances have been selling much better since the investment news

There has been a flurry of buying on eBay in the past two days, but some of it probably doesn't have a "reason". (shrug)

First appearances do have a reason... it's the first appearance. lol

Here's a list of first appearances from the early 1990s that are related to the current Valiant universe, which have been moving swiftly on eBay:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8444782&fpart=1

Magnus, Solar, and Turok were licensed in the 1990s and aren't part of the Valiant (owned) universe.

So, some "classic" Valiant books aren't included in the first appearances list (Magnus #1, Solar #1, Magnus #12 (first Turok)).

They are still popular early Valiant books, but those characters are no longer in the universe.

wait, are "classic" valiant books actually selling or just the asking prices have skyrocketed?

First appearances have been selling much better since the investment news

There has been a flurry of buying on eBay in the past two days, but some of it probably doesn't have a "reason". (shrug)

First appearances do have a reason... it's the first appearance. lol

Here's a list of first appearances from the early 1990s that are related to the current Valiant universe, which have been moving swiftly on eBay:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8444782&fpart=1

Magnus, Solar, and Turok were licensed in the 1990s and aren't part of the Valiant (owned) universe.

So, some "classic" Valiant books aren't included in the first appearances list (Magnus #1, Solar #1, Magnus #12 (first Turok)).

They are still popular early Valiant books, but those characters are no longer in the universe.

Wow, Magnus and Turok would have made for interesting tv or movies, it's a shame they lost them.

Suicide Squad #11 all gone on ebay because of this....

http://www.latino-review.com/news/meet-the-head-bad-guy-in-suicide-squad

11 and 12 are the last issues in that series and aren't exactly easy to find to begin with; both had under 16k printed. They rarely get listed on eBay outside of complete/incomplete runs because they are typically dollar books and its not worth the effort to list.

Suicide Squad #11 all gone on ebay because of this....

http://www.latino-review.com/news/meet-the-head-bad-guy-in-suicide-squad

Which series? The newer one?

The 1987 Series.

The 87 series has the first appearance of the Jihad, which is the first iteration of the Onslaught team, in issue 1.

The 2001 series has the first appearance of Onslaught, with Antiphon, in the final issues of the series, 11 and 12.

2001. Saturday is gonna be fun for flea market digging!

(thumbs u Rescued 1 copy from the LCS long boxes for $2.50. These will be much harder to dig out than those Adv Of Supermans that people already lost interest in