• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

Batman #35 End Game pt 1 - esp the combo pack variant

Most recent combo packs were at $9.99 or less, so i dunno what to make of that book

Actually thats more of an indication of a book heating up. 29 copies sold in the past 48 hours at 9.99 a pop almost within hours after listing.

No it's speculators. The sales are all in lots of 5. 10 sales for 2 people.

They are hoping the book becomes hot so they can flip em for $30-$40 like the early Batman combo books

Batman #35 End Game pt 1 - esp the combo pack variant

Most recent combo packs were at $9.99 or less, so i dunno what to make of that book

Actually thats more of an indication of a book heating up. 29 copies sold in the past 48 hours at 9.99 a pop almost within hours after listing.

No it's speculators. The sales are all in lots of 5. 10 sales for 2 people.

They are hoping the book becomes hot so they can flip em for $30-$40 like the early Batman combo books

Of course its speculators. 99 percent of the books heating up here are speculations

it was flipped twice at $50 prior to those listings.

combo packs are speculated on. theyre not trending yet.

Yea but those $50 sales were still sealed copies, the stuff the guys are buying in bulk are opened.

Could be a factor.

No.

You said it was 10% higher than 200.

220?

Again.

hilarious.

( ok, then you backtracked & admitted it was probably 1,000+, but none the less, your group is misrepresenting )

I never said they printed 200. I asked you for a link as to where this was stated multiple times to which you have ignored. I have to assume you are lying now.

I am not "invested" in CBSI. I have asked you to provide proof multiple times to which you have ignored. I have to assume you are lying now.

The difference between here and there is that you don't see people on CBSI badmouthing people on here to start with. We don't stir things up. We are here to talk about comics. I'm not sure why posters on here feel the need to constantly badmouth other groups.

The Snake Eyes death has been advertised as such in the previews for it. You can still pre-order GI Joe #214 right now.

The end of the road for SNAKE EYES... The events of this issue will change G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero forever!

It is still a big event, but it's not something that people are not going to be prepared for like TMNT. GI Joe #210 probably had around 7k printed. Very low, but will retailers bump their orders for this story?

Yea but those $50 sales were still sealed copies, the stuff the guys are buying in bulk are opened.

Could be a factor.

I have never seen a difference between being sealed or not. Since CGC takes the book out of the plastic seal why would it matter if the combo pack comes with its wrap or not? The condition of the book would seem to matter more to me.

I only follow a small sampling of Marvel and DC books, but from what I've read recently, they're basically both doing the same event crossover, no?

In the simplest terms, yes.

Both are destroying multiverses to create one universe of the characters they want to promote.

Marvel is going to kill in this race as they've pulled out all the stops, not only playing on fans nostalgia with 'Secret Wars', but also with all the other new nostalgic series (New 'Old Man Logan', New 'Planet Hulk' etc) and some cool mash-ups (Age of Ultron vs Marvel Zombies)

Both are doing a BAD job of promoting some lesser selling books with big events happening in them:

Return of the Beyonder in New Avengers #29

Death of Kilowog in Green Lantern #40

Return of Sleepwalker in Fantastic Four #642 (and really a LOT of events in Fantastic Four and New Avengers)

Death of Terry McGinnis (Batman Beyond) in Future's End #46

Tim Drake as the New Batman Beyond in Future's End #47

Ultimately, Marvel is making a fan boy dream summer with the titles they're putting out and DC is going at it with a serious face. DC's Convergence #0 sales were decent, but I have a feeling the day Secret Wars #1 comes out (one week after the release of the new Avengers movie!), it will be flying out the door.

That's not a review of stories, art or what's going on... it's all just an observation of what I've seen. YMMV.

Could be a factor.

I have never seen a difference between being sealed or not. Since CGC takes the book out of the plastic seal why would it matter if the combo pack comes with its wrap or not? The condition of the book would seem to matter more to me.

I concur. (thumbs u

Could be a factor.

Two different types of rarity. Obviously someone values sealed copies at $50 which could mean they are trying to collect a run of all sealed copies. If the opened copies could sell for that they would be.

I can see people collecting a run of 9.8s and people collecting a run of sealed. Both would be more rare than opened copies in vf/nm range.

The Snake Eyes death has been advertised as such in the previews for it. You can still pre-order GI Joe #214 right now.

The end of the road for SNAKE EYES... The events of this issue will change G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero forever!

It is still a big event, but it's not something that people are not going to be prepared for like TMNT. GI Joe #210 probably had around 7k printed. Very low, but will retailers bump their orders for this story?

imo if youre riding the current gi joe train you shouldve gotten #212.. I suspect that the actual death of snake eyes book would be massively overprinted due to the huge demand of the current issue. Kinda like Batman 426-429 if you will.