• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,788 posts in this topic

Three years into the new Valiant line now... and the first all new character with a title (more than a one-shot) is Divinity.

Divinity #1 has been selling consistently on ebay, with a fourth printing coming soon.

But its a limited series :(

Three years into the new Valiant line now... and the first all new character with a title (more than a one-shot) is Divinity.

Divinity #1 has been selling consistently on ebay, with a fourth printing coming soon.

But its a limited series :(

True, but speculation is that this "god-like" character will be pretty important to many (or all) titles.

well in that case.. time to go get me some.

Valiant in the 1990s licensed Solar, Magnus, and Turok.

Magnus only existed in the year 4001+, so he wasn't really part of the 1990s storyline.

Turok was not a big part of the Valiant universe until later (and he existed in the lost land "out of time" for the most part).

Solar was the licensed character with the most importance to the original Valiant universe.

This character, Divinity, is god-like with unknown levels of power (at this point) who is possibly a replacement for Solar in some aspects.

On the other hand, he's an African-Russian from the 1960s who has been part of a Soviet space program that disappeared 50 years ago.

Now he's back doing we-don't-really-know-what in Australia... and Matt Kindt is the writer. :popcorn:

Still, it's a four-issue mini-series, so if they kill him... well, that will end it pretty quickly. lol

Divinity-C.jpg

That's would be awesome. Would love to see Ghosted as well.

Uh, isn't Thief of Thieves conspicuously missing from the websites list? I've heard whisperings that it was dead as a TV show, so maybe it's true (shrug)

That's would be awesome. Would love to see Ghosted as well.

Uh, isn't Thief of Thieves conspicuously missing from the websites list? I've heard whisperings that it was dead as a TV show, so maybe it's true (shrug)

I saw a full-length article on the same story and it made mention of it being potentially made by AMC but other than that I haven't heard other updates on it.

Magnus only existed in the year 4001+, so he wasn't really part of the 1990s storyline.

Turok was not a big part of the Valiant universe until later (and he existed in the lost land "out of time" for the most part).

Solar was the licensed character with the most importance to the original Valiant universe.

This character, Divinity, is god-like with unknown levels of power (at this point) who is possibly a replacement for Solar in some aspects.

On the other hand, he's an African-Russian from the 1960s who has been part of a Soviet space program that disappeared 50 years ago.

Now he's back doing we-don't-really-know-what in Australia... and Matt Kindt is the writer. :popcorn:

Still, it's a four-issue mini-series, so if they kill him... well, that will end it pretty quickly. lol

Divinity-C.jpg

I called this on the valiant boards the other day. I think long term this will be huge. Really the first new Valiant Entertainment Character with own title. Love this book. I am surprised no copies out there yet graded at least by the census. These are sold out just about everywhere and all variants are long gone. The first print regular cover is still my favorite :cloud9:

Judging from all that movement in past 24 hours I predict a $40 the minute announcement is made. Maybe more

I just sold 4 copies in the past 24 hours at $20 each. Holding on to the very last one.

Don't ignore God of Thunder 25 either. First appearance of the female thor, last issue in the series, and substantially lower print run than the already sought after Thor 1. The variants are pretty ugly, except for the Manara.

Divinity-C.jpg

I called this on the valiant boards the other day. I think long term this will be huge. Really the first new Valiant Entertainment Character with own title. Love this book. I am surprised no copies out there yet graded at least by the census. These are sold out just about everywhere and all variants are long gone. The first print regular cover is still my favorite :cloud9:

So a black Russian with unlimited powers... fantastic

TGOT #12

Judging from all that movement in past 24 hours I predict a $40 the minute announcement is made. Maybe more

I just sold 4 copies in the past 24 hours at $20 each. Holding on to the very last one.

Some poor soul won a copy from me for $12.00 shipped, but has not cleared payment through paypal in 4 days.

Divinity-C.jpg

So a black Russian with unlimited powers... fantastic

Right now, he's granting wishes.

He let a soldier become a swarm of butterflies... because that's what the soldier wanted. lol

Ask for your grading money back. (thumbs u

Star Wars fan here, and Rebels show is awesome. Paid $25 for grading so worth it, plus a 9.8= keeping it ^^;)

How's everyone feeling on the Kanan The Last Padawan #1 Direct Edition?

Got a 9.8 at Megacon for onsite grading.

Hold em or Fold em?

at this stage unless someone in there shows up in the movie....you may as well pack em away somewhere and wait.

^^ Plan on it. (thumbs u

Thanks guys. :foryou:

Kanan #1 2nd print and #2 are both pretty high on the advance reorder list.

Has to be somewhat of a good sign.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/04/16/spider-gwen-4-tops-advance-reorders/

Star Wars fan here, and Rebels show is awesome. Paid $25 for grading so worth it, plus a 9.8= keeping it ^^;)

How's everyone feeling on the Kanan The Last Padawan #1 Direct Edition?

Hold em or Fold em?

at this stage unless someone in there shows up in the movie....you may as well pack em away somewhere and wait.

^^ Plan on it. (thumbs u

I'd love to see some sort of data study on correlation of reprint numbers vs long term value of the 1st printing.

Also longer time value studies on later print comics. You'd think going to 5th or 6th print would end up being valuable with very limited print runs, but that's simply not always the case.

G

How's everyone feeling on the Kanan The Last Padawan #1 Direct Edition? :whee:

Hold em or Fold em?

^^ Plan on it. (thumbs u

The new Star Warstrailer just hit,.. The fever is getting hotter!!

Don't ignore God of Thunder 25 either. First appearance of the female thor, last issue in the series, and substantially lower print run than the already sought after Thor 1. The variants are pretty ugly, except for the Manara.

Can't have a first appearance in comics without some confusion these days:

Avengers #30, Lady Thor first appearance?

Can't have a first appearance in comics without some confusion these days:

Avengers #30, Lady Thor first appearance?

maybe 1st Thor with boobs...wouldn't be Roz though....i think it would be cool if they pulled a switcheroo and it wasn't Roz...the speculator hordes would implode.