• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

Confused... How do you know that's a fake serial #?

Search it on the CGC website, it comes back void - no match found.

I wouldn't have even noticed if he didn't go all Tom Brady and delete the post and image.

If he starts deflating comics, he should be suspended from the boards!

That is not unusual for CGC to have a new slab not show up on the census. Pinky is a honest guy come on now really ?

Pinky is one of my favorite people. Good guy. (thumbs u

I didn't ask for peoples opinion on his character, but I'm sure pinky thanks you for your support.

I asked him to explain why he's posting and deleting a 9.9 slab with a photoshopped serial #. Still waiting...

Simple really. It's a photo I made before I actually had my slab back from CGC and I mistakenly posted it without realizing the serial was wrong. Sorry you got your undies all bunched up over it, I quickly realized my mistake and posted the proper photo. Dilemma over.

Additionally: To reduce committing this error in the future, I have deleted the offending image. Please continue play.

Furthermore: Thanks for all the kind words guys! :)

Also: I have around a dozen raws left of that cover, stellar condition. Could probably get a few more 9.9's out of the bunch.

Finally: I suck at Photoshop

In Closing: Have a great weekend!

Man, just caught up with the Pinky hoopla... too funny! and by funny I mean :screwy:

Pinky Lee Zeppelin = stand up guy in my book.

Please notice no accusations were made, just a request for answers about the posts and image. I'll question the POTUS if something looks screwy, and hope others would as well.

Cheers!

Man, just caught up with the Pinky hoopla... too funny! and by funny I mean :screwy:

Pinky Lee Zeppelin = stand up guy in my book.

Please notice no accusations were made, just a request for answers about the posts and image. I'll question the POTUS if something looks screwy, and hope others would as well.

Cheers!

Ditto. (thumbs u

Remember, if the witch floats she's made of wood and that proves that she's a witch...if she drowns she's innocent.

She turned me into a newt once!

I got better.

Simple really. It's a photo I made before I actually had my slab back from CGC and I mistakenly posted it without realizing the serial was wrong.

I didn't read any other posts, but here's what I don't get . . .

1. You take photos, you don't "make" them.

2. You mocked up a slab?

3. Photoshop has no business in the comic retail world.

'Splain me Loothey. :grin:

2. You mocked up a slab?

^ This 100%

Really. Pinkys been selling here for as long as I can remember being here.

He explained what he did.

Quit trolling and find something better to do

I agree that photoshopping up a slab and posting it on the CGC forum is an odd thing to do. But it is not like he posted it in a for sale thread, he just used it to show he had one. And since he apparently does have one, it served its' purpose and we can take him at his word on it.

I don't pay much attention to who is whom and how long they've done that voodoo that they do, but it is clear that he realized he should know better and killed the image. And I would think it was not because he thought he'd be caught at something nefarious, but because he realized it was a faux pas.

But maybe we can learn that, indeed, photoshopping up a fake slab and presenting it as a possession just shouldn't happen. No matter how long you've been here. Unless you say "it's gonna look like this when I get it!"

Simple really. It's a photo I made before I actually had my slab back from CGC and I mistakenly posted it without realizing the serial was wrong.

I didn't read any other posts, but here's what I don't get . . .

1. You take photos, you don't "make" them.

2. You mocked up a slab?

'Splain me Loothey. :grin:

True. It wasn't used in the "Comic retail World".. Thanks for the insight.

Yeah, I have one of each still bagged and think I should just open the sketch one. It doesn't seem as if the bagged ones are selling well, 1/10 of the ones with sketches. But also prolly much more than an unsketched one!

ah, problems problems problems.