• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,791 posts in this topic

Long boxes, where the non 9.8 candidates go to die. lol

I prefer Starbucks over gas station coffee.

I prefer a nice high grade book in a CGC case.

Starbucks took a little while to catch on and be on every corner. The masses can change.

:baiting: Nate :roflmao:

We can't always live to tell a tale for another day. Intoanother is a good name but I have nicknamed you slabhunter! :baiting::roflmao:

Starbucks took a little while to catch on and be on every corner. The masses can change.

We can't always live to tell a tale for another day. Intoanother is a good name but I have nicknamed you slabhunter! :baiting::roflmao:

These plastic tomb books are expensive! I've been debating changing my name to RenoKelly cause I'm down to the felt! :roflmao:

These plastic tomb books are expensive! I've been debating changing my name to RenoKelly cause I'm down to the felt! :roflmao:

Vegas > Reno :baiting::banana:

:gossip:Starbucks is not HG coffee . . . :grin:

Unlike SA or even BA 9.8s, collectors know that there are a ton of 9.8 CA (and modern) keys out there yet the prices keep getting bid up due to demand for the characters and the lower starting points.

I feel like most collectors from the 1990s have a lot of these books, but they either aren't in comics at all anymore (books are in storage), or they don't understand slabbing and have no experience with it. I can name 10 guys who collected comics when I did in the early 1990s. None of them are into comics now. The census can certainly grow, but until it does... a lot of collectors have to either buy slabs at current market prices or do without.

I think on these boards people forget most of the collectors out there mainstream buy raw books in various conditions. The slabs are a niche market with quirks and choices within. Raw book sales are still key. 2c

Many on here tend to forget that.

It takes time, but market acceptance of slabs has grown significantly over the past 3 years here in Alberta. This spring I took slabbed and raw copies of a few Copper books to the Calgary Expo - most of the slabs sold while I still have the raw books in my show wall stock. It has become easier to sell slabbed SA and BA books, especially keys/1st apps, at the shows as well as collectors want more certainty that their $2000 purchase is relatively accurately graded (taking CGC inconsistencies into account) and unrestored (most importantly). I think this trend will continue to grow.

Back to Modern comics, anyone think its worth Slabbing some Cyborg #1's I love the character myself and picked up quiet a few copies. Prob little value now but since it is his first solo book what are your thoughts??

Could always hold them raw and slab when the time comes, I don't think there's any immediate rush. His solo movie isn't due out till like 2020 or something. ..he'll have appearances in Justice League and maybe BvS but still, even then there probably won't be much, if any, increase in value. His 1st app in DC Comics presents #26 and then Teen Titans would heat up first..he also had another solo series in 2008 I believe. But you never know.. New 52 Suicide Squad books saw a little bump.

I think if you truly like the book/cover, which it sounds like you do, go and get one slabbed for your PC.

Unlike SA or even BA 9.8s, collectors know that there are a ton of 9.8 CA (and modern) keys out there yet the prices keep getting bid up due to demand for the characters and the lower starting points.

I feel like most collectors from the 1990s have a lot of these books, but they either aren't in comics at all anymore (books are in storage), or they don't understand slabbing and have no experience with it. I can name 10 guys who collected comics when I did in the early 1990s. None of them are into comics now. The census can certainly grow, but until it does... a lot of collectors have to either buy slabs at current market prices or do without.

I think on these boards people forget most of the collectors out there mainstream buy raw books in various conditions. The slabs are a niche market with quirks and choices within. Raw book sales are still key. 2c

Many on here tend to forget that.

It takes time, but market acceptance of slabs has grown significantly over the past 3 years here in Alberta. This spring I took slabbed and raw copies of a few Copper books to the Calgary Expo - most of the slabs sold while I still have the raw books in my show wall stock. It has become easier to sell slabbed SA and BA books, especially keys/1st apps, at the shows as well as collectors want more certainty that their $2000 purchase is relatively accurately graded (taking CGC inconsistencies into account) and unrestored (most importantly). I think this trend will continue to grow.

Very well said, I've also noticed a demand as well in my area and I love the sig line! (thumbs u

no....

cause it's a continuation of the divinity story line in the Imperium title which has a smaller print run...

Also some of the speculator websites have picked up on that fact...

Neat. This show is GREAT glad to see the comic is getting some love.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bobs-Burgers-1-2-3-4-5-1-5-1st-Print-set-NM-/141727127104?hash=item20ff985640

That is a great show, but don't forget about Rick and Morty. It has great ratings, a cult like following, and it is beginning to catch on in the mainstream.

Back to Modern comics, anyone think its worth Slabbing some Cyborg #1's I love the character myself and picked up quiet a few copies. Prob little value now but since it is his first solo book what are your thoughts??

But it's not his first solo book. First solo title, yes, but I agree, worth setting aside his first solo book, which is not Cyborg #1.

that's when you gotta swoop in and grab those slabs.

"You don't want to carry those heavy slabs back to your van, drive those heavy slabs back to your home/storage, unload those heavy slabs, then reload those heavy slabs for the next show, drive those heavy slabs to the next show, then unload those heavy slabs again at the next show, just for a CHANCE to sell them. All the while MORE PEOPLE are slabbing that exact same comic, driving down the value. I've got CASH (which is worth more but weights very little) IN HAND FOR YOU RIGHT NOW." Especially if they don't have a TON of slabs, then they have to take extra care while transporting them, and they're little less sure of the prices.

$75 each? how about 2 for $100? $105? 4 for $200? Get the cash out and start handing it towards them.

There are a lot of people that don't spend $200 at an entire convention, let alone one dealer.

Edited by ygogolak

Could always hold them raw and slab when the time comes, I don't think there's any immediate rush. His solo movie isn't due out till like 2020 or something. ..he'll have appearances in Justice League and maybe BvS but still, even then there probably won't be much, if any, increase in value. His 1st app in DC Comics presents #26 and then Teen Titans would heat up first..he also had another solo series in 2008 I believe. But you never know.. New 52 Suicide Squad books saw a little bump.

I think if you truly like the book/cover, which it sounds like you do, go and get one slabbed for your PC.

You may want to pick up DC Presents, NEW TEEN TITANS #1 as well as an early 80s mini-series that focused on each New Teen Titan member including Cyborg.

no....

cause it's a continuation of the divinity story line in the Imperium title which has a smaller print run...

One of my LCS owners told me the comic was being delayed until next week, along with some others including Fade Out. I was definitely interested in getting this one in it being Divinity's next appearance after the mini, and was one of the first in the door to try and get one. I have also noticed that (last I checked, at least) it is not in stock on Midtown or MCS websites even for pre-order.

no....

One of my LCS owners told me the comic was being delayed until next week, along with some others including Fade Out. I was definitely interested in getting this one in it being Divinity's next appearance after the mini, and was one of the first in the door to try and get one. I have also noticed that (last I checked, at least) it is not in stock on Midtown or MCS websites even for pre-order.

new fade out was in stores today....so was imperium 7...might be delayed for HIM.

Neat. This show is GREAT glad to see the comic is getting some love.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bobs-Burgers-1-2-3-4-5-1-5-1st-Print-set-NM-/141727127104?hash=item20ff985640

looks shilled...to me at least.

since we are talking about cartoons, i did notice a trend on rick and morty, even issues 3 and 4 are selling for over cover, not much noise with invader zim though.

Edited by Santos208