• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

So I tried bidding on the Luke B&W AF Variant that ended on ebay last night and when I put in my bid with 12 seconds left, I got a notification that I couldn't bid on the item because I don't have my ebay and paypal accounts linked.

I'm thinking this is to help prevent not paying bidders? I think I had a good shot at winning, based on how much it sold for, but now the seller gets less $$$. I find it just appalling that this could happen.

Jerome

I'm curious about the long term potential of books like NTT #2, UXM #221, ASM #300 and others.

IH #181 keeps going up. Is it the same for these? Is it worth buying in high grade now (9.6/9.8) and holding onto? Or are there too many out there?

Are these even moderns?

So I tried bidding on the Luke B&W AF Variant that ended on ebay last night and when I put in my bid with 12 seconds left, I got a notification that I couldn't bid on the item because I don't have my ebay and paypal accounts linked.

I'm thinking this is to help prevent not paying bidders? I think I had a good shot at winning, based on how much it sold for, but now the seller gets less $$$. I find it just appalling that this could happen.

Jerome

That's something individual sellers can specify in their listings.

yes, open it...sealed ones aren't selling for much

Should I sell the sketch now...? Should I slab it... It's def a 9.8 candidate...And it's got boobs instead of penises... Which I haven't seen a lot of... Only thing that's sucks is the stupid green cgc label it will getl...

You need to get out more :baiting:

I'm curious about the long term potential of books like NTT #2, UXM #221, ASM #300 and others.

IH #181 keeps going up. Is it the same for these? Is it worth buying in high grade now (9.6/9.8) and holding onto? Or are there too many out there?

Personally I can only see NTT 2 going down, quite a bit down in a few years.

221 meh. Not a fan so no comment.

300 in 9.8 I'd hold. Lots of people grew up and continue to love Venom.

2c

Maybe I'm thinking of the wrong acronym here....but if we are talking about the first Deathstroke, why would you think it will be going down quite a bit, if at all?

Slade is awesome and DC seems to be interested in pushing him.

Exactly, NTT 2 will not be dropping. It has plenty of room to grow once they add him to the movie universe. Right now is a good time to be buying 9.8s as they are still sub-$500. He will be a player in their cinematic universe going forward.

ASM 300, on the other hand, will likely plateau for a bit in 9.8 as it is breached the $1K barrier and there are a ton of copies to go around. It seems like this is the magic number for easy to find copper in 9.8. Look at NM 98 - even with a Deadpool movies in less than a year it is still a sub-$1K book in 9.8 due to supply.

Edited by kimik

yes, open it...sealed ones aren't selling for much

Should I sell the sketch now...? Should I slab it... It's def a 9.8 candidate...And it's got boobs instead of penises... Which I haven't seen a lot of... Only thing that's sucks is the stupid green cgc label it will getl...

You need to get out more :baiting:

lol

I don't see NTT #2 going down any time soon either. I also don't see Ama #300 taking a dive either. The book remains one of the most popular moderns there is. I sold a 9.8 for $1200 not long ago, and I think there have been $1500+ sales too if I remember correctly.

Also, there are nearly 4x the amount of NM #98 9.8's to AMA #300 9.8's. Don't get me wrong, there are a ton of both book, but Ama is a lot harder to pull 9.8's on.

Personally I can only see NTT 2 going down, quite a bit down in a few years.

221 meh. Not a fan so no comment.

300 in 9.8 I'd hold. Lots of people grew up and continue to love Venom.

2c

Maybe I'm thinking of the wrong acronym here....but if we are talking about the first Deathstroke, why would you think it will be going down quite a bit, if at all?

Slade is awesome and DC seems to be interested in pushing him.

Exactly, NTT 2 will not be dropping. It has plenty of room to grow once they add him to the movie universe. Right now is a good time to be buying 9.8s as they are still sub-$500. He will be a player in their cinematic universe going forward.

ASM 300, on the other hand, will likely plateau for a bit in 9.8 as it is breached the $1K barrier and there are a ton of copies to go around. It seems like this is the magic number for easy to find copper in 9.8. Look at NM 98 - even with a Deadpool movies in less than a year it is still a sub-$1K book in 9.8 due to supply.

It was only my opinion. What do I know. I just don't see Deathstroke as a major player but im most likely a little bias because I was never crazy about him. I can definitely see him on the big screen but have a hard time seeing him in a major role as many others get. I don't think comparing the number of NM 98's and NTT's in 9.8 is a fair comparison. Deadpool fans are a thing of their own and I feel Deathstroke fans don't remotely compare to the level. In addition I can easily see the number of NTT 2's in 9.8 taking a rather large bump on the census if big screen time is surely approaching. I've yet to see, yet haven't sought out any Deathstroke news.

I do think it is a nice key, but one I do not see going for NM 98 numbers. Maybe it's just me. I'd feel better with a ASM 300 in 9.8 than 2 NTT 2's in 9.8 in the long run for value and stability. For what it's worth I only own one reader NTT 2 that's in my PC run and no ASM 300's.

(We should probably continue elsewhere)

I don't see NTT #2 going down any time soon either. I also don't see Ama #300 taking a dive either. The book remains one of the most popular moderns there is. I sold a 9.8 for $1200 not long ago, and I think there have been $1500+ sales too if I remember correctly.

Also, there are nearly 4x the amount of NM #98 9.8's to AMA #300 9.8's. Don't get me wrong, there are a ton of both book, but Ama is a lot harder to pull 9.8's on.

Don't get me wrong, I agree that ASM #300 is a better book than NM #98, but like I said, it has had a good run up to now and will likely plateau for a bit. Out of those three, NTT #2 has more room to grow IMHO as it can still be had for sub-$500 in 9.8. Now is the time to be accumulating Copper keys in 9.8 just like the 2001-2004 period was for HG BA keys.

This. Times a million.

Now is the time to be accumulating selling Copper keys in 9.8 just like the 2001-2004 period was for HG BA keys.

Fixed that for ya! :grin:

That's what I thought in 2004 when I started dumping my 8.0 - 9.4 stacks of Adams Batmans (I had 12 8.0 - 9.2 copies of #227) GL #76 (10 or 11 8.0 - 9.0 copies), ASM 121/122/129s, HOS 92s, etc. during the first bigger BA run up. :tonofbricks:

Unlike SA or even BA 9.8s, collectors know that there are a ton of 9.8 CA (and modern) keys out there yet the prices keep getting bid up due to demand for the characters and the lower starting points.

Unlike SA or even BA 9.8s, collectors know that there are a ton of 9.8 CA (and modern) keys out there yet the prices keep getting bid up due to demand for the characters and the lower starting points.

I feel like most collectors from the 1990s have a lot of these books, but they either aren't in comics at all anymore (books are in storage), or they don't understand slabbing and have no experience with it. I can name 10 guys who collected comics when I did in the early 1990s. None of them are into comics now. The census can certainly grow, but until it does... a lot of collectors have to either buy slabs at current market prices or do without.

I feel like most collectors from the 1990s have a lot of these books, but they either aren't in comics at all anymore (books are in storage), or they don't understand slabbing and have no experience with it. I can name 10 guys who collected comics when I did in the early 1990s. None of them are into comics now. The census can certainly grow, but until it does... a lot of collectors have to either buy slabs at current market prices or do without.

I think on these boards people forget most of the collectors out there mainstream buy raw books in various conditions. The slabs are a niche market with quirks and choices within. Raw book sales are still key. 2c

I think on these boards people forget most of the collectors out there mainstream buy raw books in various conditions. The slabs are a niche market with quirks and choices within. Raw book sales are still key. 2c

The local comic conventions here (small state, at least 3 hour drive to a major city) are almost 100% raw sales.

There are a few slabs at these conventions, but they don't attract buyers... they're just curiosities.

The local comic conventions here (small state, at least 3 hour drive to a major city) are almost 100% raw sales.

There are a few slabs at these conventions, but they don't attract buyers... they're just curiosities.

+1 Exactly. I'm right outside a major city and we have the one WW con every year now. Sure some high end dealers have the slabs on the back panels of their booths but rarely do they sell. Sunday rolls around and I see empty short and long boxes empty being scrapped and those slabs still hanging around.

Many on here tend to forget that.

+1 Exactly. I'm right outside a major city and we have the one WW con every year now. Sure some high end dealers have the slabs on the back panels of their booths but rarely do they sell. Sunday rolls around and I see empty short and long boxes empty being scrapped and those slabs still hanging around.

that's when you gotta swoop in and grab those slabs.

"You don't want to carry those heavy slabs back to your van, drive those heavy slabs back to your home/storage, unload those heavy slabs, then reload those heavy slabs for the next show, drive those heavy slabs to the next show, then unload those heavy slabs again at the next show, just for a CHANCE to sell them. All the while MORE PEOPLE are slabbing that exact same comic, driving down the value. I've got CASH (which is worth more but weights very little) IN HAND FOR YOU RIGHT NOW." Especially if they don't have a TON of slabs, then they have to take extra care while transporting them, and they're little less sure of the prices.

$75 each? how about 2 for $100? $105? 4 for $200? Get the cash out and start handing it towards them.

Long boxes, where the non 9.8 candidates go to die. lol

I prefer Starbucks over gas station coffee.

I prefer a nice high grade book in a CGC case.

Starbucks took a little while to catch on and be on every corner. The masses can change.

:baiting: Nate :roflmao: