• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,756 posts in this topic

Pinky

What's that Harley Quinn book in your signature line?

It's a commission I had done by the sick and talented Chadwick Haverland

Here's a better photo of it.

download_zps7mbw3fyp.jpg

Note: He also did my Rocket killing Jar Jar Binks Star Wars #1 you see 1st in my graphic, better photo below.

1314613001_zpsl9hmhxdg.jpg

The man is a magician with pencils and ink IMHO

you can get lower grade copies cheaper.....not seeing too many nm+ being blown out.

And I don't believe that they are going to be either. It is essentially a speculators dream book (except for the print run). Already sells well, great cover by a known artist, name brand book, 1st appearances, a good story and movie spec.

Esentially, it is the type of book that anti-speculator snobs ridicule when seeing people buy multiple copies of. It's awesome :)

You need to look around. You look like you are in the Phoenix area. Several comic stores in Phoenix are selling 1st prints of these for 50% cheaper than he is buying them for. I get he wants to speculate on them, but to pay $15 for a book that sells for $10 or less routinely (and yes, in NM or better condition) seems kinda :insane:

I thought the idea behind speculating was to buy low and sell high. Not to buy for more than market to hoard.

So paying $15 on eBay is crazy but paying $5 less is acceptable? Is that a rule for everyone, or only for those who can find copies in town? Would driving 50 miles to another store to save $5 be crazy, too?

I went to all of the local shops and bought what I could find, which wasn't much. Keep in mind my LCS is Mile High Comics. If you think buying the book for $15 is crazy, try buying from MHC.

I'm not a speculator in the sense most of you are. This is the first book in years that I bought more than one copy. I get to a comic shop maybe once a month, and typically with my son to find comics to read not to make money on. I'm sure I'm doing it all wrong by some people's standards, but it's been fun "hoarding" this book and trying to find others in the series. Just keep in mind that if it weren't for people like me spending that extra $5, all that speculation you boys are doing wouldn't be fruitful.

Have you looked at eBay prices lately? $10 with S&H is pretty much the norm for that issue.

And you are not speculating on this book, you are hoarding. Nothing wrong with that. But it doesn't sound like you are purchasing with the intent to flip. Just as one collector to another, avoid the hype and look around. There are plenty of deals for past hot books once the speculators move onto other books.

Edited by rjrjr

Niiiiiiiiccceee! I don't have any to sell but really enjoy his acting.

I love the guy, he's brilliant. Can't wait to see

I am really looking forward to that one as well. Was such a nice surprise to see him in Peaky Blinders on Netflix. That show is awesome all around. Much like your IKG slab! Love that series!

Have you looked at eBay prices lately? $10 with S&H is pretty much the norm for that issue.

And you are not speculating on this book, you are hoarding. Nothing wrong with that. But it doesn't sound like you are purchasing with the intent to flip. Just as one collector to another, avoid the hype and look around. There are plenty of deals for past hot books once the speculators move onto other books.

I'm with ya. As I said elsewhere in this thread, my addiction to this issue, and any of the SW books really, doesn't make much sense. But you should see my stack of ASM 265s.

Which reminds me, I need to track down more ASM 265s. hm

I'm with ya. As I said elsewhere in this thread, my addiction to this issue, and any of the SW books really, doesn't make much sense. But you should see my stack of ASM 265s.

Bet my stack is bigger , been collecting the Sable for years

:banana: congrats on making the saddest brag I've heard this year.

Probably true. I think I have 10 or so.

I love the guy, he's brilliant. Can't wait to see

I am really looking forward to that one as well. Was such a nice surprise to see him in Peaky Blinders on Netflix. That show is awesome all around. Much like your IKG slab! Love that series!

Tom Hardy was GREAT in Peaky Blinders! (So was Cillian Murphy)

Sorry not comic books I know but great TV

:banana: congrats on making the saddest brag I've heard this year.

Thanks :takeit:edit: hording 361 too for a while Edited by Astoria

Awesome! So does that mean Preacher #51 will go even higher now?

AWESOME! i tossed that in as a freebie when I sold a big preacher lot (including #1, multiples of #2, etc.) last year for what the #1 is worth right now. brilliant move!