• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,756 posts in this topic

A) What would you do with a Preacher Preview 9.8 Blue? GPA is sketchy as none have sold since March (last time I checked) and the cheapest on ebay is $1400 OBO (mine). What do you think is a fair price for this? Is the GPA info thin because they don't come to the market often or because all that are available have stupid high BIN prices (mine again)? Census shows only THIRTY blue label 9.8 slabs.

B) Is all of this irrelevant because it's a preview and no one really cares except the hardcoriest of the hardcore Preacher/Ennis fans?

I would lean towards B. I think this book might have a very slight premium on #1 just because census is lower (doesn't mean it always will be). Lots of folks just don't consider previews to be first appearances unless those pages are reproduced in the true first issue.

+1

A) What would you do with a Preacher Preview 9.8 Blue? GPA is sketchy as none have sold since March (last time I checked) and the cheapest on ebay is $1400 OBO (mine). What do you think is a fair price for this? Is the GPA info thin because they don't come to the market often or because all that are available have stupid high BIN prices (mine again)? Census shows only THIRTY blue label 9.8 slabs.

B) Is all of this irrelevant because it's a preview and no one really cares except the hardcoriest of the hardcore Preacher/Ennis fans?

I would lean towards B. I think this book might have a very slight premium on #1 just because census is lower (doesn't mean it always will be). Lots of folks just don't consider previews to be first appearances unless those pages are reproduced in the true first issue.

+1

The preview is ridiculously hard to find and the first Preacher appearance. I'll take that over issue one but I still want both. Even Wizard magazine knew the importance of this publication at one time! People who don't like previews as first appearances love to forget about this comic because the old " market will decide argument " doesn't apply.

The fact is the preview predates this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vertigo-Gallery-Dreams-Nightmare-1-CGC-9-4-1st-Appearance-Preview-of-Preacher-/121723076142?hash=item1c5742be2e

and this

https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?q=direct+85&pubid=&PubRng=

and this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Flux-1-Magazine-Jan-1995-Early-Preacher-Jesse-Custer-Appearance-/111742918333?hash=item1a04659ebd

and this one too

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Absolute-Vertigo-Winter-95-DC-Comic-Book-Preacher-Appearance-in-Preview-NM-/181736479249?hash=item2a50569a11

The only thing about the Preacher Preview comic is that to truly have a complete Preacher collection you are going to need this as the comic in discussion came with it and they are pretty tough to find:

https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?tid=171901&pgi=199401

Here's a preview I want, Arseface is definitely going to become a favorite among viewers:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PREACHER-SPECIAL-STORY-of-YOU-Know-WHO-Black-White-Promo-VF-NM-Preview-/400974051372?hash=item5d5bea782c

Haunted Horror #1 (IDW/Yoe Comics 2012) has been selling between $35 - 50 on the Bay. One set of #1 - 5 went for $125. I have #1 - 17. :banana:

Great set of books. I have a set myself :headbang:

The first issue has been selling really well for a while. I am a huge horror fan and am glad I have been picking this up monthly.

Anyone knows anything about Steven Universe?

#6 is usually the one that sells for a premium for some reason

one closed last night for 51$

One closed for $70 recently. There were copies that sold for $61 not too long ago.

There is a fan base there as well as a print run of +/- 2,000 copies for issues 5-7.

I found a issue 6 marked as $4. The shop said "just take it no one cares for that ."

I think the End Game arc along with Court of Owls will stay strong sellers for the long term. They won't buy you a mansion or anything but its better than 90% of everything else being published currently is going to be worth.

WOW Barb Wire Hughes Retailer Incentive is going through the roof!!!!!!

....is what I would say if it was....

I bet of we organized we could spike the price of any book on eBay!!!

According to Comicrhon Darth Vader 3 only has about 85K copies. For a Star Wars book thats seems low.

It will be come December

I've been thinking about this. Will the general Star Wars fans care about first appearances? Sure, I imagine more interest in the comics when the new movie hits, but will a specific issue (other than #1) command any sort of premium for that crowd? Assuming there's no character or theme carried over into the new movies, I don't see any one issue rising above the rest.

This would be a true 1st appearance, even before they show up on film. And with the flood of Star Wars media Disney is about to unleash on us for the rest of our lives, sooner or later these characters will pop up on screen.

its hard to believe there would be ZERO impact on the comics.

That's what I'm saying though. If the Star Wars community at large is to create an impact on a specific issue, that character would need to appear outside of the comics.

Absolutely, it's a coin flip, they either appear in a movie or they don't. But, If they do though, look out. 3 First appearances with an 85K run. Even if just the droids show up unnamed, I think there's a winner here.

I think even without a tv/movie appearance, 1st prints of #3 are an insta-buy at 10 bucks (at least for me they are). Low print run (comparably), day one scarcity with allocations, start of the main Vader story (the best story of all the Marvel SW titles going), and three first appearances? Count me in. The comic sold for $15 the day it was released due to the Aphra news, now is just the cooler period where fewer people are looking.

Edited by pkveronese

Yea all those high priced books are flying off the shelves! Totally worth every over-priced penny!

:kidaround:

Jerome

I believe the legal system & business world have a name for that behavior: Price Fixing.

According to Comicrhon Darth Vader 3 only has about 85K copies. For a Star Wars book thats seems low.

It will be come December

I've been thinking about this. Will the general Star Wars fans care about first appearances? Sure, I imagine more interest in the comics when the new movie hits, but will a specific issue (other than #1) command any sort of premium for that crowd? Assuming there's no character or theme carried over into the new movies, I don't see any one issue rising above the rest.

This would be a true 1st appearance, even before they show up on film. And with the flood of Star Wars media Disney is about to unleash on us for the rest of our lives, sooner or later these characters will pop up on screen.

its hard to believe there would be ZERO impact on the comics.

That's what I'm saying though. If the Star Wars community at large is to create an impact on a specific issue, that character would need to appear outside of the comics.

Absolutely, it's a coin flip, they either appear in a movie or they don't. But, If they do though, look out. 3 First appearances with an 85K run. Even if just the droids show up unnamed, I think there's a winner here.

I think even without a tv/movie appearance, 1st prints of #3 are an insta-buy at 10 bucks (at least for me they are). Low print run (comparably), day one scarcity with allocations, start of the main Vader story (the best story of all the Marvel SW titles going), and three first appearances? Count me in. The comic sold for $15 the day it was released due to the Aphra news, now is just the cooler period where fewer people are looking.

Is that "Aphra news" the theory that she'll be a part of the new series somehow? I don't see that happening. But I (apparently) think this will be a good issue to own. I can't stop buying the thing. I'm apparently in the buy high, sell later camp. :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHEW-2-2009-IMAGE-CGC-NM-M-9-8-WHITE-PAGES-/321822292290?hash=item4aee1a7942

Ouch. This is less than what I got for a raw with 9.8 potential a few years ago when slabs were over $200.

#1 seems to have held up better, although were 9.8s approaching $1K at some point?

Looks schilly to me. Maybe not the seller but two bidders seemed to want to push this book up since they also bid up the sketch to the same price. No need for this price to go this high when BINs are going for less than half

I believe the legal system & business world have a name for that behavior: Price Fixing.

Whaaaaaat???

Fixing is such a harsh word. I prefer group price adjustment.

We'll start at $1000 and slowly move up to 7 billion.

Free shipping too.

That's the hook.