• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,788 posts in this topic

One of my favorite "epitome of the '90s" books but I thought it was a $3 to $5 book. (shrug)

It is a 3-5 dollar book, I have asked about this book before as some sales have seemed suspicious in the past.

It is an easy $10 sale at shows, sometimes $15. It has two things even casual comic fans like - Venom and foil. lol

Why do your posts always make it seem like Alberta (or just Edmonton?) is entirely populated by drooling who somehow have money? lol

The thing you have to take into consideration is the fact that most of the LCS do not have these books. Venom and Carnage are strong characters and sell well at shows. Like we had posted a couple of years ago, ASM #361 was a good seller at $40 - $60 locally even though they were still $15 books everywhere else. Heck, I threw out a Venom Lethal Protector set at a smaller show this spring and had it sell for $60 right away.

As Brian/500Club stated, it will be interesting to see how the market is this fall with the pullback in oil prices and layoffs in the E&P and services sectors. At the Calgary Expo in April one of the local collectors that was good for a few big books each year had to unload his collection due to a job loss.

Thanks. I bought them all.

NOOOO, I just wanted 1!

What's the significance of that book, other than it being the second comic appearance of Phil Coulson?

Coulson is undervalued in my opinion. Security Measures is an impossible find. Personally I would want this too, I think it is the only reprinting of security measures:

https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=19780007

NOOOO, I just wanted 1!

What's the significance of that book, other than it being the second comic appearance of Phil Coulson?

Coulson is undervalued in my opinion. Security Measures is an impossible find. Personally I would want this too, I think it is the only reprinting of security measures:

Undervalued why? After a handful of movie appearances and 44 episodes of a tv series, maybe people just don't care about him.

NOOOO, I just wanted 1!

Undervalued why? After a handful of movie appearances and 44 episodes of a tv series, maybe people just don't care about him.

I thought it would be nice to get his signature on one of the photo covers until I realized he wants $80 for one. Next....

lol at Elroy, but S.H.I.E.L.D. Is a great book , and as long as the 616 (or whatever mainstream Marvel universe is next), makes him as awesome as he was written to be, he stays.

Battle Scars #1 For the WIN BTW.

His death/revival also broke into the Kree connection for the MCU as to why he is alive. Season 3 will have Lash, 1st appearance is Inhuman #1 btw, so expect some more heat on That and Mighty Avengers #13 for the 1st Appearance of the Secret Warriors.

It had a lot of world building to do on ABC, now established and good stuff is coming.