• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,756 posts in this topic

No need to feel like a sucker at all. It's a Darth Vader book with 3 new characters on the cover and a feakin' sweet Adi Granov cover!!!

Yep.

I think it's a much better and far more significant cover than the Larocca variant that sells for double. (shrug)

You're kidding right? The Larroca cover is classic!

It's a more exciting pose, but doesn't show much of Aphra's face and neither of the two new droids.

So if it weren't a 1:25 would it be as desirable as the standard issue cover and why?

If both covers were printed in equal #'s and you could only pick one to have, which would you pick?

I'd pick the Adi Granov for sure. Been thinking about getting one cgc'd to display it. Also I'd say its in the top 10 covers of the new Marvel Star Wars line.

No need to feel like a sucker at all. It's a Darth Vader book with 3 new characters on the cover and a feakin' sweet Adi Granov cover!!!

Yep.

I think it's a much better and far more significant cover than the Larocca variant that sells for double. (shrug)

It's a more exciting pose, but doesn't show much of Aphra's face and neither of the two new droids.

So if it weren't a 1:25 would it be as desirable as the standard issue cover and why?

If both covers were printed in equal #'s and you could only pick one to have, which would you pick?

I'd pick the Adi Granov for sure. Been thinking about getting one cgc'd to display it. Also I'd say its in the top 10 covers of the new Marvel Star Wars line.

If you do decide to get one, here's one at a GREAT price. I have (2) and no more money or else it would be three.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8782249#Post8782249

Yep.

If you do decide to get one, here's one at a GREAT price. I have (2) and no more money or else it would be three.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8782249#Post8782249

price is fine, but its cheaper on the bay.

Despite buying this issue and the rest of the series, I'm still not sure I should be spending $15 a pop for a book that has a print run of 100K.

Still, if anyone has raw copies to sell... :whistle:

Why are you spending so much when you can get them for cheaper? (shrug)

you can get lower grade copies cheaper.....not seeing too many nm+ being blown out.

And I don't believe that they are going to be either. It is essentially a speculators dream book (except for the print run). Already sells well, great cover by a known artist, name brand book, 1st appearances, a good story and movie spec.

Esentially, it is the type of book that anti-speculator snobs ridicule when seeing people buy multiple copies of. It's awesome :)

you can get lower grade copies cheaper.....not seeing too many nm+ being blown out.

And I don't believe that they are going to be either. It is essentially a speculators dream book (except for the print run). Already sells well, great cover by a known artist, name brand book, 1st appearances, a good story and movie spec.

Esentially, it is the type of book that anti-speculator snobs ridicule when seeing people buy multiple copies of. It's awesome :)

You need to look around. You look like you are in the Phoenix area. Several comic stores in Phoenix are selling 1st prints of these for 50% cheaper than he is buying them for. I get he wants to speculate on them, but to pay $15 for a book that sells for $10 or less routinely (and yes, in NM or better condition) seems kinda :insane:

I thought the idea behind speculating was to buy low and sell high. Not to buy for more than market to hoard.

Edited by rjrjr

You need to look around. You look like you are in the Phoenix area. Several comic stores in Phoenix are selling 1st prints of these for 50% cheaper than he is buying them for. I get he wants to speculate on them, but to pay $15 for a book that sells for $10 or less routinely (and yes, in NM or better condition) seems kinda :insane:

I thought the idea behind speculating was to buy low and sell high. Not to buy for more than market to hoard.

So paying $15 on eBay is crazy but paying $5 less is acceptable? Is that a rule for everyone, or only for those who can find copies in town? Would driving 50 miles to another store to save $5 be crazy, too?

I went to all of the local shops and bought what I could find, which wasn't much. Keep in mind my LCS is Mile High Comics. If you think buying the book for $15 is crazy, try buying from MHC.

I'm not a speculator in the sense most of you are. This is the first book in years that I bought more than one copy. I get to a comic shop maybe once a month, and typically with my son to find comics to read not to make money on. I'm sure I'm doing it all wrong by some people's standards, but it's been fun "hoarding" this book and trying to find others in the series. Just keep in mind that if it weren't for people like me spending that extra $5, all that speculation you boys are doing wouldn't be fruitful.

So paying $15 on eBay is crazy but paying $5 less is acceptable? Is that a rule for everyone, or only for those who can find copies in town? Would driving 50 miles to another store to save $5 be crazy, too?

I went to all of the local shops and bought what I could find, which wasn't much. Keep in mind my LCS is Mile High Comics. If you think buying the book for $15 is crazy, try buying from MHC.

I'm not a speculator in the sense most of you are. This is the first book in years that I bought more than one copy. I get to a comic shop maybe once a month, and typically with my son to find comics to read not to make money on. I'm sure I'm doing it all wrong by some people's standards, but it's been fun "hoarding" this book and trying to find others in the series. Just keep in mind that if it weren't for people like me spending that extra $5, all that speculation you boys are doing wouldn't be fruitful.

Everyone is in a different situation and what makes sense to one person, seems odd to another. It's all fun and games and there's really no right or wrong way to buy/collect/sell comic books IMHO. Do what you like, like what you do, Everybody wins!

:golfclap: Thank you Reno !!

Yep.

Thanks for the heads up. Though I've got a couple copies, just working through my stack of stuff to send in. But the price is decent and saves me the hassle. hm