• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,861 posts in this topic

I wouldn't touch a Deadpool book right now.

lol IDK why! If you can buy them right and aren't looking for a personal copy, they are an instant flip. I'm only looking for a few lower print books for my PC.

There are trends, and there are cult classic followings. Deadpool is more Cult than Trend. I see this train only getting faster, so buy while you can with millions of new fans now looking for these books.

And like the Liefeld (2015) #1 Variant, I have no dump to go with this pump. :preach:

So you're going to buy one for $280 (at best) and flip it for $320?

Having been watching sets of snyder's tec run of 871-881, many sets have been ending higher recently than even just a few weeks ago, with an auction going up to 177 just a few days ago, which is considerably higher.

Hush has been selling higher too than when I got my set in december

I was watching that Snyder run as well, couldn't believe the final price. Seemed like 880 had actually been slipping lately, but maybe that was just the horrible January slump. Fortunately I've already got the keys to put a set together, just need to suck it up and pick up the other issues to fill it out. Not sure what's up with the high price though, unless a Black Mirror movie just got announced.

That run will always be in demand. Great art and story. #880 is a classic cover. IMO best cover in 30 years with Hulk #340 and Catwoman #51.

Wolverine 66 going nuts! 2ND printing vs. Hulk variant? None to be found with the exception of two International vendors out of Europe with a Cgc consensus of 2 graded copies.

I passed on a couple of copies at Phx comicon for around $20 each.

If you want, I can put you in touch with the dealer selling them.

There are four copies currently on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p4840.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xwolverine+66+2nd.TRS0&_nkw=wolverine+66+2nd&_sacat=0

What is a "Cgc consensus"?

Based on the writing style, I think it's a fair bet that Rick moma is jaydam45, who, based on the volume of posts and threads created talking up the Old Man Logan reprints, is probably sitting on a stack to sell, rather than accumulate more.

Wolverine 66 going nuts! 2ND printing vs. Hulk variant? None to be found with the exception of two International vendors out of Europe with a Cgc consensus of 2 graded copies.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p4840.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xwolverine+66+2nd.TRS0&_nkw=wolverine+66+2nd&_sacat=0

Based on the writing style, I think it's a fair bet that Rick moma is jaydam45, who, based on the volume of posts and threads created talking up the Old Man Logan reprints, is probably sitting on a stack to sell, rather than accumulate more.

:o

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FEAR-AGENT-1-Image-Comic-2005-1st-FIRST-Print-REMENDER-HTF-TV-/141901615855?hash=item2109fed2ef%3Ag%3AIPIAAOSwe7BWvR1%7E&nma=true&si=r7XtBBwTcf%252BEXa3%252B7WPwul1lSMc%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

What the heck happened with this one?

The weird thing is, if you want one on ebay they are only sitting in stores for $30-$50. after a bunch of krap auction results, nobody is selling them via auction. i guess they hope a TV deal will get announced and reality will collide with their $30-$50 asks. I hope so! This may be one of the widest divergences from store asking prices v. actual sales prices I have ever seen on a book.

Edited by the blob

Nope. I beat that "Best" mark by a lot by getting raws and submitting myself.

OK, meet back here in 5 months and we will see what 9.8's are going for then.

OK. I still got one for $50 raw, no matter what I'll be fine. Thanks for the concern though.

Having been watching sets of snyder's tec run of 871-881, many sets have been ending higher recently than even just a few weeks ago, with an auction going up to 177 just a few days ago, which is considerably higher.

Hush has been selling higher too than when I got my set in december

I was watching that Snyder run as well, couldn't believe the final price. Seemed like 880 had actually been slipping lately, but maybe that was just the horrible January slump. Fortunately I've already got the keys to put a set together, just need to suck it up and pick up the other issues to fill it out. Not sure what's up with the high price though, unless a Black Mirror movie just got announced.

That run will always be in demand. Great art and story. #880 is a classic cover. IMO best cover in 30 years with Hulk #340 and Catwoman #51.

Just funny how things jump up and down.

Catwoman 51 got hot, then REALLY dropped, but has grown quite well again. I couldn't even sell a beautiful copy for $20 for quite some time. Glad it didn't sell.

Same with Absolute Vertigo. Couldn't get $5 for a LONGGGGGG time.

Patrick

Exactly..only 4 and BTW 2 are from Europe. You passed on a couple? So what??? You lost money if you are an investor. You don't care for the book? So what...doesn't change the fact that there's only 7,000 copies or so. Also doesn't change the fact the book is selling well and consistently. Only place to go is up! Good day sir ;)

You don't say.

:whistle:

Exactly..only 4 and BTW 2 are from Europe.

Your last post said there were only two available at all. Glad to see you acknowledge the correction.

Not sure why where they come from is relevant?

You passed on a couple? So what???

I wanted you to have the opportunity to buy them. I've already got one or two. I don't need any more.

You lost money if you are an investor.

Well....that may be true, but I'm not so sure. $20 is more than all but a couple of these copies have sold for on eBay recently.

It seems that those "losing money" are the ones buying, not selling, this book.

You don't care for the book?

Who said I didn't care for the book? It's a variant, and I love variants.

I wonder what this obsession with accusing people of "not liking something" because they challenge some other aspect of the discussion is all about. It's very odd, and immensely juvenile. It's how children think and reason.

I love Detective Comics #613. It's one of my favorite Bat books of all time. It's a bit hokey, but I love it. It's also worthless. It has no value as a back issue.

By your reasoning, if I acknowledge that it has no value, and doesn't have much potential, I must not "care for the book."

It's poor reasoning.

So what...doesn't change the fact that there's only 7,000 copies or so.

I'll ask you again to provide actual proof for this claim. I don't expect you'll be providing that any time soon.

;)

Also doesn't change the fact the book is selling well and consistently. Only place to go is up! Good day sir ;)

Or, down. What is "selling well"? It looks like this book sells for about $15 or so. That's pretty well, I guess. Old Man Logan is currently enjoying a second life, so it's not surprising that there's interest in the original story.

And no correction is needed as far as how many I claimed are available. At time of my post was 2 international only. By time of your post there was 4. Today there is only 3. Again..so what? You are a fool. Really there is only 2 available and 1 is included in a lot only. So every week you going to go to eBay and tell me I'm wrong? Because somebody just posted a new one? Really...just have a good day. Your boring me now.

Edited by Rick moma

Yes thank you for your response. Usually there are reasons for such a low consensus like low desirability. I am baffled because that is not the case. Its actually the most favored cover of all i know that have the books. Old man logan cutting the Hulk in half! I do not know why it is so rrare of hard to find. Maybe it is being grossly horded someplace? Well..whatever the reason the fact remains..its the hardest print to get and is undervalued considering the others are much more abundant. I guess time will tell what is reallgoing on with that print. Thanks man :)

Nope. I beat that "Best" mark by a lot by getting raws and submitting myself.

OK, meet back here in 5 months and we will see what 9.8's are going for then.

OK. I still got one for $50 raw, no matter what I'll be fine. Thanks for the concern though.

1. I wasn't concerned about you specifically. It was your statement about buying Deadpool books now, at the height.

2. Where are you going to get Deadpool #1 for $50 in NM+ or better condition now? It's been a $100 raw book for at least 6 months.

And no correction is needed as far as how many I claimed are available. At time of my post was 2 international only. By time of your post there was 4. Today there is only 3. Again..so what? You are a fool. Really there is only 2 available and 1 is included in a lot only. So every week you going to go to eBay and tell me I'm wrong? Because somebody just posted a new one? Really...just have a good day. Your boring me now.

21-Momen-in-den-Si-merk-da-Si-im-E-Commer-arbeit-7439-detailp.gif