• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,793 posts in this topic

When did Liefeld change his signature?

Deadpool Circle Chase

Bloodstrike 1

I like it a lot more compared to his previous scribble. Just odd to change it that much.

X-Force 1

The "new" one must have been a special request.

Yes, could very well be. Here is one signed a day later, which I think was at NYCC and it has the cursive scribble.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Deadpool-Merc-with-a-Mouth-1-MCGUINNESS-VARIANT-CGC-9-6-NM-SS-BY-ROB-LIEFELD-/131709027900?hash=item1eaa78463c:g:5WkAAOSwoydWo7nn

Deadpool Circle Chase

Bloodstrike 1

I like it a lot more compared to his previous scribble. Just odd to change it that much.

X-Force 1

Yes, could very well be. Here is one signed a day later, which I think was at NYCC and it has the cursive scribble.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Deadpool-Merc-with-a-Mouth-1-MCGUINNESS-VARIANT-CGC-9-6-NM-SS-BY-ROB-LIEFELD-/131709027900?hash=item1eaa78463c:g:5WkAAOSwoydWo7nn

The "scribble" is definitely his regular sig. This is the 1st time I've seen anything else and I just saw him in Phoenix. It wouldn't surprise me if the new sig is actually a remark and has the associated cost.

Deadpool Circle Chase

Bloodstrike 1

X-Force 1

The "scribble" is definitely his regular sig. This is the 1st time I've seen anything else and I just saw him in Phoenix. It wouldn't surprise me if the new sig is actually a remark and has the associated cost.

He still signs for free, minus key books, correct?

Deadpool Circle Chase

Bloodstrike 1

X-Force 1

No he charges at least $20 for X-Titles and $10 for non (So his image stuff for example would be a $10 sig.)

Edited by JLS Comics

Psylocke variants are doing pretty well.

A raw Uncanny xforce #5 sold for $200. The seller claimed that this manara cover was 1:100 . I thought it was 1:50?

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=121888824309&globalID=EBAY-US

Key words he used in the title description "rare, sexy , Olivia munn" lol

With that sale it brought a couple more raws out to feebay at that price point . Of course. Haha

I buy Manara variants so he might got higher if he used that.

No he charges at least $20 for X-Titles and $10 for non (So his image stuff for example would be a $10 sig.)

Hmm, thought he was free a year ago except for NM 98. Maybe I was mistaken.

It might depend on which show you catch him at.

Correct. You are mistaken. (thumbs u

Im sure he does, but even he illustrates a smaller cut offered to distributors/ Its certianly not half

---

ok, i guessed 50% of cover, he says 46% of cover (doesn't it depend on how much the shop orders in general though?), but really i am focused on the 10-11% of cover (35 cents, 36 cents?) that goes to the publisher AND the talent (printing costs are elsewhere) that they need to live on.

5-6,000 copies a month is tough. It's got to be a labor of love, because if that comic is your full time job you are barely eating. (I have a few pounds to lose, maybe I should self-publish a comic and try to live on it...) I guess Darkhorse spends very little administrative time on it, very little advertising, and figures TPBs will eventually make them some money. That's all I'm saying. Let's stop fighting.

And I see skullkickers died at its 34th issue (which they numbered 100). oh well. of course, it's not like i helped any, i stopped buying it after the second issue even though I liked it a bit.

Edited by the blob

Its $50 for the NM98 now.

Hmm, didn't know you were at the same con. as me last year. Why didn't you say hi?

It might depend on which show you catch him at.

I'm sure! For clarification, the show where he charged the prices I mentioned was Wizard World

Its $50 for the NM98 now.

The price increased to $75 for NM98 as of Amazing Arizona which was over Deadpool release weekend. Other covers featuring DP were $50.

Weird. When he was at Wizard World Pittsburgh I didn't pay anything for sigs. I didn't get any Deadpool / Cable related books signed.

In other news, whats up with this?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Valiant-Comics-Shadowman-Issue-1-Comic-in-nm-m-New-Condition-1992-/361363239569?hash=item5422ed7291:g:K~EAAOSwYGFUwZ7i

That's an impressive result, but I don't expect to see many like it soon (although my CGC 9.8 would like to believe otherwise)

Weird. When he was at Wizard World Pittsburgh I didn't pay anything for sigs. I didn't get any Deadpool / Cable related books signed.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Valiant-Comics-Shadowman-Issue-1-Comic-in-nm-m-New-Condition-1992-/361363239569?hash=item5422ed7291:g:K~EAAOSwYGFUwZ7i

That's an impressive result, but I don't expect to see many like it soon (although my CGC 9.8 would like to believe otherwise)

Yeah, I just noticed it when I was about to list mine for sale. Definitely not the trend on that book when you look at ebay past sales.

Unless I am looking at this wrong, the Shadowman listing ended unsold.

Hmm, didn't know you were at the same con. as me last year. Why didn't you say hi?

I tried. You ignored me.

Unless I am looking at this wrong, the Shadowman listing ended unsold.

It says one sold for $49.99 if you dig a little deeper.