• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,756 posts in this topic

43 minutes ago, Mapleleafvann said:

The post from comicbookscalping with reference to two new books from Vault comics; Colossi and and Failsafe

The quoting system on the new boards sucks.

1. That wasn't my post it was @awax
2. I think you missed that those were "advanced preview" editions of those comics. I don't think those particular series have come out yet, and I was responding about if an advanced preview edition of Heathen #1 from Vault would be the first appearance of the series.

2 minutes ago, Comicbookscalping said:

The quoting system on the new boards sucks.

1. That wasn't my post it was @awax
2. I think you missed that those were "advanced preview" editions of those comics. I don't think those particular series have come out yet, and I was responding about if an advanced preview edition of Heathen #1 from Vault would be the first appearance of the series.

You are correct---I am sorry for misquoting and that is entirely my fault as the message I was referring to was from Awax.  My apologies for redirecting things your way---sorry about that Comicbookscalping.

Hmmmm....I've never seen the advanced preview editions for any of these books at all---I didn't even know these existed.  I thought the first preview edition of Heathen #1 would be in Fissure #1....clearly, I am wrong in my thinking here if there is an advanced preview edition....

5 minutes ago, Mapleleafvann said:

You are correct---I am sorry for misquoting and that is entirely my fault as the message I was referring to was from Awax.  My apologies for redirecting things your way---sorry about that Comicbookscalping.

Hmmmm....I've never seen the advanced preview editions for any of these books at all---I didn't even know these existed.  I thought the first preview edition of Heathen #1 would be in Fissure #1....clearly, I am wrong in my thinking here if there is an advanced preview edition....

No apology needed. its the new forum!

Heathen #1 was a kickstarter comic book - so there is an edition before Vault or any preview that predates the vault series. I am not sure if it appeared in Heavy Metal Magazine, but I believe that was the plan at one point for the series before Vault picked it up.

Also I am under the impression the advance editions were given out at cons and not sent to retailers like most "advanced copies".

Edited by Comicbookscalping

2 minutes ago, Comicbookscalping said:

Heathen #1 was a kickstarter comic book - so there is an edition before Vault or any preview that predates the vault series. I am not sure if it appeared in Heavy Metal Magazine, but I believe that was the plan at one point for the series before Vault picked it up.

Also I am under the impression the advance editions were given out at cons and not sent to retailers like most "advanced copies".

Thanks bud---!

I had no idea that this was a Kickstarter book---very interesting.  With regards to the Heavy Metal reference, I thought that the books were originally solicited from/through Heavy Metal....but there was a falling out of sorts---kind of like Atoll #1---that book was supposed to be from Heavy Metal, but the creators delayed things and went to Creative Mind Energy instead (or did they start this company?).  Anyways.....with these two defections, it seems like the publishing arm of Heavy Metal is in disarray...

21 minutes ago, Comicbookscalping said:

I think the kickstarter resulted in a Heathen Tpb. Not sure of release.

4 hours ago, Mapleleafvann said:

Hmmm.....good point.  I'm not sure if that was his/her original intent, but I was puzzled as to why it was posted in the first place under "Moderns Heating Up".

Because this place has gotten pretty boring. 

So  I just threw em out there. 

Carry on with your Variant cover discussions.  I'm hoping things bounce back here like they were a few years ago.  

I'm a he by the way  :x

Edited by Awax

2 hours ago, Comicbookscalping said:

I have five different Vault preview books. But they aren't heating up.. so I guess it doesn't matter. 

9 minutes ago, Awax said:

I have five different Vault preview books. But they aren't heating up.. so I guess it doesn't matter. 

The Vault previews

I saw a Heathen preview cover on Bleeding Cool but I'm not sure if it was printed or digital only. The rest I have in hand....thanks to you. (thumbsu

14 hours ago, I like pie said:

I think the kickstarter resulted in a Heathen Tpb. Not sure of release.

It as a TPB but its still the first appearance. It looks to be in CGC-able size.

Here is one for sale, please only use this as a image reference and not as a price reference.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/HEATHEN-1-KICKSTARTER-TPB-Vol-1-ORIGIN-1st-PRINT-SIGNED-ALTERICI-LP-COMICS-NM-/332173078889?hash=item4d570ef169:g:LPoAAOSwmgJY4osJ

Books were printed January 2016 (goal of kickstarter was September 2015 but it was delayed) - so that is the release date. A volume 2 was also successfully funded on kickstarter with a ship date of June 2017.

15 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Whether you like his art or not you have to respect that cover its sweet.

It is a nice cover.  

Is he drawing like an adult again and not some child drawing people in the shapes of triangles and other lazy shapes?

12 hours ago, Awax said:

Because this place has gotten pretty boring. 

So  I just threw em out there. 

Carry on with your Variant cover discussions.  I'm hoping things bounce back here like they were a few years ago.  

I'm a he by the way  :x

"Variant cover discussions"....HA!  Yup.....completely agree with you, this place is very different since the upgrade---not sure why that is though.  

--wasn't tossing you under the bus btw, I had no idea about these preview editions at all or that you were even referring to them....I am guessing that most others don't know about them either---if they did, the books would definitely be heating up.      

Where/how did you acquire them?

SDCC.  They had a booth there. 

Tim from Enourmous was working with them and told us about it in the Enormous thread last year.

At at the time there was noting about Heathen there. It was just three guys ( I think the owners ) with five titles they were previewing.  

1 minute ago, Awax said:

SDCC.  They had a booth there. 

Tim from Enourmous was working with them and told us about it in the Enormous thread last year.

At at the time there was noting about Heathen there. It was just three guys ( I think the owners ) with five titles they were previewing.  

Wow---great pick-ups!

59 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

(thumbsu(thumbsu CGC Moderns heating up - Where you have to hire an attorney to justify your picks! (thumbsu (thumbsu

This place is crawling with attorneys. Just take a number and hang out in the sales section, preferably in the Probation Discussion thread.

Edited by awakeintheashes