• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,786 posts in this topic

29 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidsLogin&item=162322276538&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2564 by clicking on the "x sold" link.

To find a Best Offer price enter the item number on http://www.watchcount.com/

I see what you did (and how you did)---thank you kindly!  You eBay wizards frighten me dammit!

Presales for Seven to Eternity #5 1:25 silver foil variant going over $60 it will be interesting to see if this one goes up over a $100 in the future.  Im thinking the print run will be under a 1,000 but it just depends on how many retailers wanted to up their orders just to get this incentive variant 

30 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

How are sales on Seven to Eternity now I haven't checked lately.

Issue Four sold 25K and the first volume topped the February trade sales. Tons of good buzz for this series as the second arc starts up in April. Issue 1 cover A still selling at $60-70 raw. 

23 hours ago, Michael Lamm said:

Issue Four sold 25K and the first volume topped the February trade sales. Tons of good buzz for this series as the second arc starts up in April. Issue 1 cover A still selling at $60-70 raw. 

So that really wasn't my question. How do sales compare from 1-4? I don't really care what cover 1A is selling for I am looking long term. Trade sales are a good indicator I think after the first month of trade sales if that makes any sense. 

I don't like books that have lulls in them. I am personally non-committal on this book so far. It didn't knock me out on the 1st issue , but did enough to keep me there so far.

3 hours ago, aerischan said:

The Saga schedule of 6 months on then hiatus seems to be the new standard for a lot of Image books. Still, that's probably better than indefinite release schedules.

I agree with both of you.....but  I think this break between story arcs is a great addition rather than detraction.  It all depends upon the end product, but if that "downtime" is used effectively, the stories are more cohesive with a lot less random noise to endure.  Just like well done shows all have that "break"....some use it well, others, not so much.  My fingers are crossed for both Seven to Eternity and Black Monday Murders....

55 minutes ago, Mapleleafvann said:

I agree with both of you.....but  I think this break between story arcs is a great addition rather than detraction.  It all depends upon the end product, but if that "downtime" is used effectively, the stories are more cohesive with a lot less random noise to endure.  Just like well done shows all have that "break"....some use it well, others, not so much.  My fingers are crossed for both Seven to Eternity and Black Monday Murders....

Oh, don't get me wrong. I actually appreciate the schedule. It's nice to have the story arcs go fairly uninterrupted and then just have the break after the story arc is completed. Image's scheduling has actually allowed me to try new titles while my followed series are on hiatus. :D 

I reckon the schedule is also conducive to trade waiters or those who are just starting to pickup an ongoing series. Image TPBs are usually released a little bit before the release of a new story arc. Hmm, I think Kill Or Be Killed Vol 01 TPB (#1-4) might have actually been released the same day as Kill Or Be Killed #5. Gotta say, it's much easier to start a new series when the TPB containing previous issues is readily available. :smile:

I will say this about Black Monday Murders, I've read it multiple times and I'm still confused (in a good way). I purchased it in floppy, digital and TPB format and despite the triple dipping, I feel it's well worth the expense unlike most of Marvel's output. I'm probably gonna buy the Deluxe or Omnibus HCs, too, if/when those are released.

Alas, Seven to Eternity, I didn't like. Didn't like Black Science nor Deadly Class, either. I think I'm just gonna avoid Remender's stuff. I just don't seem to enjoy his work.

Edited by aerischan

16 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

So that really wasn't my question. How do sales compare from 1-4? I don't really care what cover 1A is selling for I am looking long term. Trade sales are a good indicator I think after the first month of trade sales if that makes any sense. 

I don't like books that have lulls in them. I am personally non-committal on this book so far. It didn't knock me out on the 1st issue , but did enough to keep me there so far.

Issue 1: 32,000

issue 2: 28,000

Issue 3: 27,000

Issue 4: 27,000

Volume 1: Topped the list for trade sales in February. 

Long term this book has a bright future I like the four issue story arc and then release a trade and then start back up model. Openas art is breathtaking and is really pushing this book forward. Obviously it will be interesting to see the sales for the second arc and in particular issue five to see if people add it to their pull after checking out the trade

46 minutes ago, Michael Lamm said:

Issue 1: 32,000

issue 2: 28,000

Issue 3: 27,000

Issue 4: 27,000

Volume 1: Topped the list for trade sales in February. 

Long term this book has a bright future I like the four issue story arc and then release a trade and then start back up model. Openas art is breathtaking and is really pushing this book forward. Obviously it will be interesting to see the sales for the second arc and in particular issue five to see if people add it to their pull after checking out the trade

Sales are stable which is good. I don't like that philosophy, but the younger generation might with arcs then trades.

19 hours ago, Iqc23 said:

It's look like moon girl and the devil dinosaur 1 variant is heating up. One sold over $360 on eBay.

Two 9.8's sold over 300 and 1 over 250 with 6 days left. Madness or valid valuation?