• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,787 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, BishopT said:

Any thoughts on whether Rick and Morty #1 can maintain its pretty crazy sudden price jump? For a book to go from the $30ish level to over $100 in some cases seems pretty crazy for what it actually is. The blank and ratio variants seem to be nothing but money right now, even the BAM/2NC variant that was a dime a dozen around here a year or two ago has jumped up significantly.

Edited 2 minutes ago by BishopT

So I looked into this thinking its a fluke and its not.

The book is selling like hotcakes people must love it. Its not issue 1 its the entire series. I saw one book that has sold 20 copies all to different buyers. I was a skeptic going in, but its a solid mover.

Need Y to have depth of interest beyond 1 like WD.. amazes me how WD books are still solid double digit sellers pretty much up to 100. Frankly, prices seem stronger now on the more generic issues than when I unloaded mine 3 years ago.

37 minutes ago, Lonzilla said:

Loved that cover and many of the Infinity related Avengers/ New Avengers books that Hickman wrote. ^^

On 3/11/2017 at 11:25 PM, fastballspecial said:

So I looked into this thinking its a fluke and its not.

The book is selling like hotcakes people must love it. Its not issue 1 its the entire series. I saw one book that has sold 20 copies all to different buyers. I was a skeptic going in, but its a solid mover.

It was on Comic Book Men. Think Thrillkiller....

On 3/12/2017 at 1:10 PM, fastballspecial said:

Y 1 sells well the rest of the issues not so much.

That being the case, later key issues from the run might be an inexpensive hedge in case an adaptation takes off. Buy, get them in toploaders, grade if the adaptation takes off, unload at cost if not.

20 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Yes I saw that, but I thought surely not that many people are that ....

Nevermind

:roflmao:

It's happened with every book they have had on the show. Well, the ones that are within reach.

4 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Yes I saw that, but I thought surely not that many people are that ....

Nevermind

Normally I would agree, but I'm surprised Rick and Morty hasn't jumped sooner. It has a huge audience and huge potential because the book is actually good if you like the show. Not to mention the show is only on season 3 and has tons of life left, i'd hold one if I had multiples for sure. 

3 hours ago, ygogolak said:

The rise in Dynomutt is the best proof yet!

Dynomutt....

I can see the "why" this book might have some value other than that show. I had it as a kid because unlike today, if you wanted see anything close to a superhero on TV In the '70s, Blue Falcon and Space Ghost were about as close as it got to comics. Yes we had Batman reruns but those guys looked corny even to a little kid. lol 

We had Hulk, Wonder Woman, the Bionic Woman,  and the Six Million Dollar Man but they didn't have the same feel as comics, at least to me. Blue Falcon/Dynomutt and Space Ghost weren't perfect but they weren't bad either. I spent way too much time explaining this didn't I ? Yeah, I did.... 

16 hours ago, the authority said:

I can see the "why" this book might have some value other than that show. I had it as a kid because unlike today, if you wanted see anything close to a superhero on TV In the '70s, Blue Falcon and Space Ghost were about as close as it got to comics. Yes we had Batman reruns but those guys looked corny even to a little kid. lol 

We had Hulk, Wonder Woman, the Bionic Woman,  and the Six Million Dollar Man but they didn't have the same feel as comics, at least to me. Blue Falcon/Dynomutt and Space Ghost weren't perfect but they weren't bad either. I spent way too much time explaining this didn't I ? Yeah, I did.... 

Dynomutt 1 is probably $40 in guide, no?  A lot of those marvel tv books have some market and had inflated overstreet prices for a long time.