• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,786 posts in this topic

On 10/27/2011 at 10:22 PM, jonjesper said:

Has to be a different cover image...I don't think they are going to count for a lighter hue...

I have purchased several newstand copies of books with some subtle differences and none have been able to be designated with a newstand variant/copy.

Does that mean the Walmart DC comics count as first printings? They have blue trade dress and 1st print covers. But they rotate the UPC and remove cover price. The Marvel books are even closer with only a UPC difference.

As I noted in the other thread, the Trinity #1 got weird. 1st print variant cover art. But completely different logo IDing it as Batman: Trinity and a Batman series logo. Superman and Wonder Woman's names stripped. Indica identifies the title as Batman: Trinity rather than Trinity as well and has an April 2017 cover date, implying it's a completely different series. (On top of that, there will likely never be a Batman: Trinity #2. Because Walmart editions are pretty much only #1s.)

22 hours ago, Emezy360 said:

Glass half empty kida guy i guess O.o

3 outta 4 ain't bad.

He was referring to his store exclusive variant so that was a plug, not a critique. :D 

Edited by aerischan

38 minutes ago, aerischan said:

He was referring to his store exclusive variant so that was a plug, not a critique. :D 

I understood that ive seen the variant it was a joke glad you were here to help clarify that. lol

On 3/14/2017 at 6:51 AM, ygogolak said:

Yes, got them mixed up, ha.

Try and find that bad boy in high grade!

On 3/14/2017 at 6:51 AM, ygogolak said:

On 3/14/2017 at 6:47 AM, MrWeen said:

Well there is one Thrillkiller comic everyone should own!

index.jpg

Yes, got them mixed up, ha.

Try and find that bad boy in high grade!

:bigsmile:

44 minutes ago, Lonzilla said:

Either nothing is heating up or the more logical explanation is that the new boards blow  nobody feels like dealing with it, scrolling all the way through. I'm going with "B"

Lots heating up recently....

Trump comics are heating up........but none more so than this one........I stared at stacks of these back in October at Alamo City Comic Con. Antarctic press was set up across from me.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Donald-Trump-Vs-Hillary-Clinton-Uncivil-War-Coloring-Book-Incredible-Hulk-181-/162322276538?hash=item25cb2960ba:g:JNMAAOSwUEVYEBrF

I am also intrigued with the Topps Garbage Pail Kids # 2 and # 3 both with Trump covers and print runs of a little over 400 and under 300 on both respectively.

51 minutes ago, THB said:

Trump comics are heating up........but none more so than this one........I stared at stacks of these back in October at Alamo City Comic Con. Antarctic press was set up across from me.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Donald-Trump-Vs-Hillary-Clinton-Uncivil-War-Coloring-Book-Incredible-Hulk-181-/162322276538?hash=item25cb2960ba:g:JNMAAOSwUEVYEBrF

I am also intrigued with the Topps Garbage Pail Kids # 2 and # 3 both with Trump covers and print runs of a little over 400 and under 300 on both respectively.

Jeebus that's atrocious.

And the price shown as "sold" -- $90 -- is not necessarily true. I do see an actual purchase for $40.

2 hours ago, manetteska said:

It's a variant, was released yesterday, but doing quite well out of the gate. Not sure if it has legs....

y7Z0L.jpg

Speaking of legs, compared to his other work, this seems to have a bit of Campbell to it.

Love this one - waiting for my copy from KRS as their first shipment arrived from Diamond with staple defects.

1 hour ago, manetteska said:

Jeebus that's atrocious.

And the price shown as "sold" -- $90 -- is not necessarily true. I do see an actual purchase for $40.

Your right...looks like he jacked up the price after the $40 sale.

11 minutes ago, Mapleleafvann said:

Perhaps a noob or naive question here, but how can you tell if an actual sale took place on eBay (other than an auction listing or best offer accepted quoted)?  

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidsLogin&item=162322276538&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2564 by clicking on the "x sold" link.

To find a Best Offer price enter the item number on http://www.watchcount.com/

Edited by awakeintheashes