• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,756 posts in this topic

Is there a bubble brewing? I've noticed a lot of modern books can't seem to hold long term value. They will spike then fall hard. Even WALKING DEAD #1 has fallen a bit. But PETER PANZERFAUST? THIEF? CHEW? BONE? GOON? Will these books have long term value? I know things can turn on a dime but I am wonder if we are not heading toward another crash.

27 minutes ago, Dogsupreme said:

Is there a bubble brewing? I've noticed a lot of modern books can't seem to hold long term value. They will spike then fall hard. Even WALKING DEAD #1 has fallen a bit. But PETER PANZERFAUST? THIEF? CHEW? BONE? GOON? Will these books have long term value? I know things can turn on a dime but I am wonder if we are not heading toward another crash.

Yes, RUN for the exits! (But before you go, sell me all of your books for 10 cents on the dollar . . .) lol

1 hour ago, divad said:

Yes, RUN for the exits! (But before you go, sell me all of your books for 10 cents on the dollar . . .) lol

I believe that'll happen after the crash lol

23 hours ago, siro123 said:

2pm Sunday was the last post in this section. Wow this is so sad now :(

Here are some comics selling well on fleabay.

fleabay 1

fleabay 2

That TCM set was $45 for 3 books.  The second they sold out the price spiked I guess.  I was looking at those sets just the night before but couldn't pull the trigger.  I just really liked all 3 covers but.....If the series tanks they might plummet, or hold value just for the cover.  This is the market we live in for now.

10 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Old Man Logan isn't even out yet.

3 hours ago, ygogolak said:

No, just called false hype.

How is it false hype if people are buying it ? 

The numbers dont lie

4 hours ago, Dogsupreme said:

Yup... A correction is def due 

8 hours ago, divad said:

The DONUT Strikes!:applause:

Wow!  And I thought I was doing well selling them for $15.  Donut killed it.

But looking at the sold items there has to be at least 5 copies recently which have sold for $20 so I guess that is the new price.  But don't tell people since I find a bunch in the $5 boxes at Cons.

Edited by 1Cool

3 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

Wow!  And I thought I was doing well selling them for $15.  Donut killed it.

But looking at the sold items there has to be at least 5 copies recently which have sold for $20 so I guess that is the new price.  But don't tell people since I find a bunch in the $5 boxes at Cons.

Damn, I might buy another copy at $15. We're just lucky to find them because they were produced local to us. The one guy at the cons tries to get $50 for his copy.

Edited by ygogolak

16 hours ago, Dogsupreme said:

Bone definitely deserves to be removed from that group, and possibly Goon as well. The early printings on those series seem pretty solid to me. I don't see Bone losing steam anytime soon, as there just aren't enough high grade 1st printings to go around. 

WTTB

23 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Bone definitely deserves to be removed from that group, and possibly Goon as well. The early printings on those series seem pretty solid to me. I don't see Bone losing steam anytime soon, as there just aren't enough high grade 1st printings to go around. 

I would keep Chew on there as well. Panzer and Thief were victims of the "option hype".

On 5/12/2016 at 5:00 PM, LarrysComics said:

Want some fun?

Search this message board a bit.

I started a weekly modern spec thread years ago.

My initial pick was Ratchett & Clank.

Man.

Did I get crucified here & on Bleeding Cool for it.

Hilarious.

Once again my instincts are dead balls on.

On 5/12/2016 at 5:06 PM, mrwoogieman said:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ratchet-and-Clank-1-CGC-9-8-White-pages-/201833168045?hash=item2efe31bcad:g:23wAAOSwax5YscLJ

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Seven-To-Eternity-1-COMIC-BUG-FCBD-2017-Variant-Image-RARE-Robinson-Set-NM-/252957949284?hash=item3ae577fd64:g:0PUAAOSwIaFZJ0kI

The whole while 11 of these are available to scoop up at under half the price

http://www.ebay.com/itm/292135766626?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Actually just noticed it was shilled. The seller outbid a potential buyer by 2.00 :golfclap:

Edited by Aweandlorder

4 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

The whole while 11 of these are available to scoop up at under half the price

They were also available for $55-60 shipped with the uncanny avengers ominbus.

Just curious, how do you spot shill bids?

2 minutes ago, Hickok8AA8 said:

They were also available for $55-60 shipped with the uncanny avengers ominbus.

Just curious, how do you spot shill bids?

Click on bidder, see whats the Bid activity (%) with this seller, if the number is 100% its obviously shilled