• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,756 posts in this topic

I think it depends mostly on if this sticks. But, if the main development wasn't mentioned in the previews and it wasn't heavily ordered accordingly, it could very well maintain or even grow.

I'm cool with it going up, as my local stores in town all sold out within hours, if not minutes. So, I ordered some more from MCS, and when I went to Asheville, NC later that day I picked up another pair. At $3 cover, it's not a humongous loss.

Edited by BishopT

2 hours ago, BishopT said:

I think it depends mostly on if this sticks. But, if the main development wasn't mentioned in the previews and it wasn't heavily ordered accordingly, it could very well maintain or even grow.

I'm cool with it going up, as my local stores in town all sold out within hours, if not minutes. So, I ordered some more from MCS, and when I went to Asheville, NC later that day I picked up another pair. At $3 cover, it's not a humongous loss.

It made the Daily Beast, then got re-tweeted by Kelly Anne Conway. Not saying any of that will lead to "hot", but its getting some buzz and some eyes. Tom King retweeted her and had a funny comment. Personally, I don't care for the subject of the book (I won't give anything away here), but I do love the cover. Finch is one of my favorites for Batman covers. I bought a few of them.

10 hours ago, kevhtx said:

It made the Daily Beast, then got re-tweeted by Kelly Anne Conway. Not saying any of that will lead to "hot", but its getting some buzz and some eyes. Tom King retweeted her and had a funny comment. Personally, I don't care for the subject of the book (I won't give anything away here), but I do love the cover. Finch is one of my favorites for Batman covers. I bought a few of them.

Wait, what?

I too bought two copies of Batman 24 from MCS. I stopped by my LCS yesterday just curious to see if he had held onto any copies and was told by an employee that the owner pulled all the issues at both of his stores for himself. That tells me that in his opinion it's going to be a keeper. So far I've enjoyed Tom King's writing style having followed him from Sheriff of Babylon and the Vision series.

At this moment I'm waiting for a few books he signed for me at Megacon in Orlando to be graded by CGC. Issue 1 and two copies of issue 21 with the Lenticular cover.

Few more doing well currently.

WW 184 - This book is king. Perfect storm. I never see this book in stores never. I get more request for this book from buyers and dealers then any other.

ASM 300 - Nuff said
ASM 700 - Still sells very well.
BAT 635 - Cant seem to make up its mind goes up goes down, but sells
Bat 608B - Got a NM copy? Write your own check.
Thunderbolts 127 - Sense a theme in many of these? 
ASM 2nd Prints - ASM in 500s and 600s several 2nd prints are starting to sell well
ASM 606/607 - These two are starting to move up again.
WW 90 - Again another book while not selling for big money just tough to find and sells well>
Venom Gold - Boy this book is selling well again

ASM Carnage Cameos - These books are starting to move. ASM 344, 359, 360 seem to be appreciating especially in slabs. 344 is moving better. 359 is the last one of the books that's not moving a whole lot yet. Maybe it never will but it does have a cameo in there.

Edited by fastballspecial

1 hour ago, Mapleleafvann said:

Love these updates!  I very much appreciate them---thank you!  With regards to Carnage....and the first full appearance in 361....so isn't the cameo in 360, rather than 359??  

Well 360 is the cameo, but 359 also has a small app so who knows. 359 does not have cameo on slabs, but you cant deny he is there. I am unsure how it will all work out, but they are both undervalued and I have been picking them up for 2 years or so for $1 or $2. I bought 3 the other day for $2 a piece. There is no denying they will appreciate at. 

I don't have a 359 close or I would summarize, but from memory Cletus Kassidy appears in like 4 panels and you see a red blob of Carnage in the background briefly. So its somewhat vague, but the book will appreciate from being a $2-4 book as soon as Carnage gets in the Spider-man flick. 360 will appreciate when that happens as well. Personally I still like 361, but you will definitely see 359/360 gain in value.

359 and 360 are the most sure thing for appreciation in the next few years I can think of valuewise. I don't know how high they will go, but they will easily be a $15-20 book overnight when/if Carnage shows up.  

Some others can chime in here, I cant think of another modern that sells for $1-2 currently that will be see that type of guaranteed appreciation. This is the best recommendation I can give for a book that will have a decent return that value wise has very little risk in high grade. Keep in mind here I am vested in these books when I see one for $1 in high grade I cant pass it up. 

Edited by fastballspecial