• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,770 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, manetteska said:

Vampirella 19 Parrillo cover doing well.

His other covers on the series -- while not as "in your face" -- are also great but don't sell near the price of this one.

Not a follower of Vampirella but that is one NICE cover!:cloud9:

Edited by Holden Caulfield

On 6/13/2017 at 9:54 AM, divad said:

:gossip: Cover swipe, you mean? :gossip:

Thats not a cover swipe... THOSE are cover swipes...

Planet Of the Apes / Green Lantern 1:20 Paul Rivoche vs Neal Adams homage covers are doing well. 

Great to see Rivoche's take on these 

rivo1.jpg

rivo2.jpg

Edited by Aweandlorder

On 6/14/2017 at 7:14 PM, Aweandlorder said:

Thats not a cover swipe... THOSE are cover swipes...

Planet Of the Apes / Green Lantern 1:20 Paul Rivoche vs Neal Adams homage covers are doing well. 

Great to see Rivoche's take on these 

rivo1.jpg

rivo2.jpg

These are nice covers.  In fact, there are a bunch of really cool covers in this series.  The movie poster variants are for the most part really nice as well, but don't seem to be commanding anything.  I have committed to this series from the start just because I thought it was gonna be a neat story(putting together a few cover A sets).  I also see the 1:10 #2, which is also a Rivoche, not doing much at all.  I wonder why? It too has a swipe/homage cover that is pretty sweet.

7 hours ago, gradejunky said:

These are nice covers.  In fact, there are a bunch of really cool covers in this series.  The movie poster variants are for the most part really nice as well, but don't seem to be commanding anything.  I have committed to this series from the start just because I thought it was gonna be a neat story(putting together a few cover A sets).  I also see the 1:10 #2, which is also a Rivoche, not doing much at all.  I wonder why? It too has a swipe/homage cover that is pretty sweet.

I think that the #3 Rivoche (GL76 swipe) has staying power. I've been following it for awhile and never seen more than one copy on the bay at any given time. All the others are pretty common, regardless of ratio distribution numbers. 

Edited by Aweandlorder

A few more selling well.

Batman 24 - I loathed to discuss this book, but its clocking in at $15-20 currently with a huge amount of sales at that level. I have stayed away, but you buy it at cover its a nice flip. Slabers may get caught holding the bag on this book.

ASM 700 continues to truck along with the Eye Variant being the best seller at $30-40 raw.

He-man 2012 Skeletor Variant - Good Lord

Tarot Witch of the Black Rose - Jim Balent's art and a loyal fan base make early issues sell well. Who am I to judge the book. Sales don't lie.(I've sold several over the years.)

Don't laugh, but Image newsstands are starting to sell well across the board. Spawn, Wildcats, and Savage Dragon lead the way.(Seriously Savage Dragon also another rare Savage Dragon is really tearing it up currently, but you can find that one.) All I have found so far is Wildcats, Cyberforce, Shadowhawk, and Supreme. Its much harder then you would think and all that 90s wasn't kept in the best shape. I still cant believe it. Checking ending sales they will floor you. And Bird don't come in here with that Spawn newsstand again. :mad:

Spawn 174 and 175 still doing very well.

Zatanna 16 is just sick what it is selling for. Absolutely sick. Whats funny is the line betweenraw and slab isn't much. People just want a copy. Man I had 3 copies and though I cleaned up selling them for $20-25 :o(

Edited by fastballspecial

14 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Zatanna 16 is just sick what it is selling for. Absolutely sick. Whats funny is the line betweenraw and slab isn't much. People just want a copy. Man I had 3 copies and though I cleaned up selling them for $20-25 :o(

Love this book. I actually just picked up a 2nd copy in a Best Offer for $45. By far my favorite Adam Hughes cover and hard to get in a high grade. That red background shows every color breaking defect.

Z16.jpg

1 hour ago, LaxThanatos said:

Love this book. I actually just picked up a 2nd copy in a Best Offer for $45. By far my favorite Adam Hughes cover and hard to get in a high grade. That red background shows every color breaking defect.

Z16.jpg

That's your fave AH cover??

Theres not even a hint of cleavage in this cover 

On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 10:40 PM, fastballspecial said:

A few more selling well.

Batman 24 - I loathed to discuss this book, but its clocking in at $15-20 currently with a huge amount of sales at that level. I have stayed away, but you buy it at cover its a nice flip. Slabers may get caught holding the bag on this book.

ASM 700 continues to truck along with the Eye Variant being the best seller at $30-40 raw.

He-man 2012 Skeletor Variant - Good Lord

Tarot Witch of the Black Rose - Jim Balent's art and a loyal fan base make early issues sell well. Who am I to judge the book. Sales don't lie.(I've sold several over the years.)

Don't laugh, but Image newsstands are starting to sell well across the board. Spawn, Wildcats, and Savage Dragon lead the way.(Seriously Savage Dragon also another rare Savage Dragon is really tearing it up currently, but you can find that one.) All I have found so far is Wildcats, Cyberforce, Shadowhawk, and Supreme. Its much harder then you would think and all that 90s wasn't kept in the best shape. I still cant believe it. Checking ending sales they will floor you. And Bird don't come in here with that Spawn newsstand again. :mad:

Spawn 174 and 175 still doing very well.

Glad I still have several ASM 700's including the Skyline Cover---sure wish that I had some Zatanna though.  Thanks again for another fine update!

On 6/18/2017 at 2:43 PM, LaxThanatos said:

I like a girl that is a little mysterious, Zatanna is just keeping it classy.

Also...those legs bro.

I think it's beechen! lol

Edited by divad

On June 2, 2017 at 11:35 PM, followtheleader said:

Bone should definitely not be on the list.  I don't think we've begun to see the high side on that book.  

Goon is really dependent on what he does with the character in the future.  If it's over, I can see it dropping.  But I'd imagine his current books will slow down and he'll go back. 

Patrick

I sure hope so, because I LOVE Goon.

8 hours ago, KEY ISSUES Comics said:

I sure hope so, because I LOVE Goon.

Why wouldn't Powell do some more tuff with Goon?  That series made him and there are an infinite number of clever stories he can do.