• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,787 posts in this topic

55 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Yep, first appearance of the "new" Livewire, who is a major character in the current Valiant universe.  Couple that with a 5 year old book and you get better results than when these variants were "exciting and new" but not known for their contents (2012). 

I'm a big fan of limited variants offering more than just being "limited"... such as first appearances of key characters.  (thumbsu

1 hour ago, valiantman said:

Yep, first appearance of the "new" Livewire, who is a major character in the current Valiant universe.  Couple that with a 5 year old book and you get better results than when these variants were "exciting and new" but not known for their contents (2012). 

I'm a big fan of limited variants offering more than just being "limited"... such as first appearances of key characters.  (thumbsu

Also the first VEI Faith.

1 hour ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Also the first VEI Faith.

That's true... but she's basically the same Faith as Harbinger #1 (1992).  Livewire was a character in original Valiant - Harbinger #15 (1993) first appearance, but she has changed ethnicities and power sets... a bit like Nick Fury. lol

48 minutes ago, valiantman said:

That's true... but she's basically the same Faith as Harbinger #1 (1992).  Livewire was a character in original Valiant - Harbinger #15 (1993) first appearance, but she has changed ethnicities and power sets... a bit like Nick Fury. lol

Yea, I liked Livewire in Superman Adventures and the Supergirl TV show too. Ha

So Livewire is why that books is moving and not the "new" Faith?

Very strong couple of weeks for early and current moderns.

X-force 8 Sales are very good NM seeing $10-15 

X-force 11 Doing even better at $15-20 and climbing.

Be interesting to see if X-force 19 starts to catch fire too.

WMD series is selling very strong. Back issues of Weapon X and TAH are both selling very well with Hulk 19 going for $15 currently.
This whole storyline looks to be under printed and in demand. What's really nice? Not a lot of Variants for the run except for WMD.
Its also nice that story so far isn't bad and readers seem to like it. I cant keep a copy of Hulk 19 more then a day currently and get 
requests for Hulk 20 and Weapon X as readers missed early books. 

Dead of Winter 1 seems to be doing well locally it has sold very well and my LCS that had at least 100 is down to maybe 10. The artist
is local so they ordered heavy.

Robotech 1 was also a sellout locally with that ArtGerm cover leading the way, but it sold well across the board here locally.

Black 1 selling well due to movie hype

New Avengers 8 and 10 seeing good movement. 

Good Lord Spawn 175 just keeps moving. I thought I was bright when I sold my copies at $20-25 each.

Zombie Tramp origins sold well which reprints the original series unsure how the rest of the series did, but 1 sold well overall.

Bride of Venom 3 still selling well, but I would be a seller and not a buyer in this book.

Spawn newsstands doing very well overall rarer the newsstand better it does.

13 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Very strong couple of weeks for early and current moderns.

X-force 8 Sales are very good NM seeing $10-15 

X-force 11 Doing even better at $15-20 and climbing.

Be interesting to see if X-force 19 starts to catch fire too.

WMD series is selling very strong. Back issues of Weapon X and TAH are both selling very well with Hulk 19 going for $15 currently.
This whole storyline looks to be under printed and in demand. What's really nice? Not a lot of Variants for the run except for WMD.
Its also nice that story so far isn't bad and readers seem to like it. I cant keep a copy of Hulk 19 more then a day currently and get 
requests for Hulk 20 and Weapon X as readers missed early books. 

Dead of Winter 1 seems to be doing well locally it has sold very well and my LCS that had at least 100 is down to maybe 10. The artist
is local so they ordered heavy.

Robotech 1 was also a sellout locally with that ArtGerm cover leading the way, but it sold well across the board here locally.

Black 1 selling well due to movie hype

New Avengers 8 and 10 seeing good movement. 

Good Lord Spawn 175 just keeps moving. I thought I was bright when I sold my copies at $20-25 each.

Zombie Tramp origins sold well which reprints the original series unsure how the rest of the series did, but 1 sold well overall.

Bride of Venom 3 still selling well, but I would be a seller and not a buyer in this book.

Spawn newsstands doing very well overall rarer the newsstand better it does.

I just love these "market recaps"....very informative and timely!  I had a feeling about the WMD series as the print runs for TAH are so small.  I think most people were watching Edge of Venomverse and the Batman 24 as well as the upcoming Metal series instead of a story of a Hulk with claws!  Thank you for the write-up!

I can second the X-Force #11. After a long break, I dusted off some of my VF copies left over from a huge backstock purchase and have sold them within hours of listing at $15.

List them if you've got them.

Edited by awakeintheashes