• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,788 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, the authority said:

Read the whole article. So here is what the Newsarama link states. 

"recent leaked Sony documents show that Marvel Comics’ licensing agreement with Sony Pictures for the Spider-Man movies mandate that Spidey should be male, not smoke tobacco nor abuse alcohol, and not be a homosexual “(unless Marvel has portrayed that alter ego as a homosexual).” This caused Gawker to conclude, somehow, that “Spider-Man is a f---ing dork.” That same documents show that Peter Parker, though not necessarily any alternative Spider-Man character, is Caucasian and heterosexual" 

So what part of this means only Peter Parker can be Spider-man ? Does Miles have any of the habits or lifestyle that would exclude him as a potential Spider-man ?  

Let's revisit this conversation in 10 years , when there still won't have been any live action Miles Morales "Spider-Man" movies.  (thumbsu

-J.

3 minutes ago, MojoComics said:

Sounds like you concede that it's contractually possible, just improbable.  In that case I agree with you. (thumbsu

lol I don't concede.  I concede that the "amendment" you linked does refer to Miles Morales but it is silent on the issue that we are discussing.  I've always said Sony can use him, which they do, in cartoons.  I would reckon that the original live action stipulations reside within the pages of the original agreement that Stan Lee has consistently reiterated. :)

-J.

2 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

lol I don't concede.  I concede that the "amendment" you linked does refer to Miles Morales but it is silent on the issue that we are discussing.  I've always said Sony can use him, which they do, in cartoons.  I would reckon that the original live action stipulations reside within the pages of the original agreement that Stan Lee has consistently reiterated. :)

-J.

Again, from the addendum:

"RIGHTS: SPE has the exclusive right to utilize the “Spider-Man” character and the other
Creative Elements listed in Paragraph 1 above to (a) develop and produce live action or
animated theatrical motion pictures (each, a “Picture”) and live-action television series
(and also animated television series with episodes longer than 44 minutes), during the
Production Term, and (b) distribute, advertise and otherwise exploit in perpetuity any
motion picture or television series that commenced production during the Production
Term."

15 minutes ago, MojoComics said:

Again, from the addendum:

"RIGHTS: SPE has the exclusive right to utilize the “Spider-Man” character and the other
Creative Elements listed in Paragraph 1 above to (a) develop and produce live action or
animated theatrical motion pictures (each, a “Picture”) and live-action television series
(and also animated television series with episodes longer than 44 minutes), during the
Production Term, and (b) distribute, advertise and otherwise exploit in perpetuity any
motion picture or television series that commenced production during the Production
Term."

hm If the document is real, you may be right.  

Of course that also means that Sony is also just as able or likely to make a movie with any of the other three dozen or so "alternative versions of Spider-man" that almost no one outside of the hobby knows about (verbiage that, itself, I'm sure was used with purpose).

-J.

Just now, Jaydogrules said:

hm If the document is real, you may be right.  

Of course that also means that Sony is also just as able or likely to make a movie with any of the other three dozen or so "alternative versions of Spider-man" that almost no one outside of the hobby knows about (verbiage that, itself, I'm sure was used with purpose).

-J.

Yeah, there are a LOT of instances where they use Miguel O'Hara and Spider-Man 2099 as examples.  Seems like they thought that would be the way that SPE would take things if they decided to go the alternate Spider-Man route.

17 hours ago, darkstar said:
19 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

Stan Lee in response to the last time pump and dumpers tried to float the hoax that Miles Morales could ever be "Spider-man" in a live action movie :

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/film/2015/jun/23/stan-lee-spider-man-should-stay-white-and-straight

-J.

That doesn't address the post you quoted in which you were asked to corroborate where it definitely states that a white Peter Parker as Spider-Man is the only iteration of Spider-Man that will ever be depicted in a major motion picture. You responded to that questioning with an article that simply stated Lee's opinion of current creators modifying the original Spider-Man/Peter Park character. It has nothing to do with what the studios are allowed to put on film. A total misdirection on your part.

Please stop pretending that via some email leak from years ago that you are at all able to speak definitively on what does or does not go on in meetings behind closed doors regarding Marvel characters appearing in movies. That you have any clue about what agreements or contracts were made or when and whether they've been changed or updated since then or who has what power to do what. This is beyond absurd and an incredibly dumb hill to die on.

I read it similarly to Darkstar, and didn't see any actual specific legal language that would prohibit them from using Miles as Spiderman, or a Spiderman.  Additionally, even if Stan genuinely believed that there was some type of language in the original contract, that still no guarantee one way or another.  For anyone who has ever had to review contracts from an operational or compliance or legal perspective, 99.99% of the time the people who negotiated the contract don't understand the contract entirely, especially with regard to loopholes or unintended consequences or narrow definitions of specific situations.

With that being said, I don't see Miles Morales being spiderman in a movie any time soon.  HOWEVER, I think it would be  possible to be either some type of Spider-boy (not too likely), or to find an excuse to make an appearance wearing the Spider costume (like War Machine filling for Iron Man) or calling himself something else, like the Scarlet Spider.  But more likely, just as an Easter Egg or side character with potential.  But I could see him for sure making an app in a future movie, and if that is leaked, everyone can just sell their UF4 then and call it a day.

On 7/15/2017 at 10:49 PM, jmatt said:

Well, just for the record, I paid $2559 with shipping for 76 copies.  The books are in pretty darn good condition.  

You do realize Porky's sell CGC books.  I would not be buying 76 raw copies of a hot book hoping for a 9.8 from a guy who sells CGC books.  Just my opinion.

50 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Back top staple, first book.

Guy should do alright as long as he gets at least 1 9.8.

9 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

Guy should do alright as long as he gets at least 1 9.8.

Those guys are, or at least were, total scammers. They used to buy and crack out restored and low grade books to resell without disclosure. I avoid their auctions like the plague. Plenty of threads on their shadiness.