• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,788 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Which is crazy considering the one that sold 4 days before went for $167.

Yeah, I just dug one out of a box yesterday that I'd forgotten about and have been trying to price it, but it's all over the place.

Its also a true variant with a little extra something on the cover.

On 7/12/2017 at 1:26 PM, BishopT said:

That makes sense about the variants, I suppose, but hopefully they'll eventually catch up. As for #1 4th print, I thought I lucked out when I found one for $5 at a local shop a couple of months ago, only to find upon further inspection that it was in fact a 4th print. If the lower print runs of these later printings and variants become a known factor, we may see more later printings going up in price... hopefully. I still find it crazy that #2 regular cover isn't doing much, though.

52 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Selling it now I don't see how it every stays that high.

3 hours ago, ygogolak said:

I got out of mine for the prices they have been selling for.

:takeit:

#3 took me a legit year of searching to find for under $10. I finally found one in April for $2 to finish a set. If I had two more, I could build two more sets. Alas, I'll just sell my set and the extra 2's RIGHT NOW!

On 7/7/2017 at 5:11 PM, maraxusofkeld said:

The auctions mentioned were mostly bid on by valiant board members. The winner of the X-O #1's is hoping for some 9.8s is the pile of 70+ copies for nearly $3k

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-of-76-Copies-of-X-O-Manowar-1-First-Issue-NEAR-MINT-Valiant-HIGH-GRADE-Book-/292161595932?hash=item4406302a1c:g:m0oAAOSw~rpZTbHY

Well, just for the record, I paid $2559 with shipping for 76 copies.  The books are in pretty darn good condition.  

On 7/14/2017 at 5:31 AM, Iqc23 said:

Ultimate fallout 4 variant. A raw copie sold for over $600 last week Sunday. This book is red hot right now. 

"Red hot" with shilling.  

Have you looked at the current auctions?  

Ridiculous.  :facepalm:

-J.

2 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 7:31 AM, Iqc23 said:

Ultimate fallout 4 variant. A raw copie sold for over $600 last week Sunday. This book is red hot right now. 

"Red hot" with shilling.  

Have you looked at the current auctions?  

Ridiculous.  :facepalm:

-J.

That book is hot though. I sold 3 raw copies in under 4 hours each this past week and that was just for the normal copy. 

Quit letting your hate for Morales overwhelm you. lol

Edited by fastballspecial

7 hours ago, ygogolak said:
8 hours ago, jmatt said:

Well, just for the record, I paid $2559 with shipping for 76 copies.  The books are in pretty darn good condition.  

:whatthe:

:eek:

Are these for slabbing / flipping or do you just really love X-O Manowar #1?

5 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

That book is hot though. I sold 3 raw copies in under 4 hours each this past week and that was just for the normal copy. 

Quit letting your hate for Morales overwhelm you. lol

I do think that character is completely undeserving of the hype he gets, especially since it is common knowledge  he is contractually barred from ever being a character called "Spider-man" in any live action film. 

And did you take a look at the current auctions though?   How much of the "demand" is real, how much of it is fake, and how much of it is lemmings following a fake "demand"?

-J.

1 hour ago, Jaydogrules said:

I do think that character is completely undeserving of the hype he gets, especially since it is common knowledge  he is contractually barred from ever being a character called "Spider-man" in any live action film. 

And did you take a look at the current auctions though?   How much of the "demand" is real, how much of it is fake, and how much of it is lemmings following a fake "demand"?

-J.

How much of the demand is ever real in regards to variants? 

Well we are talking about 2 different books too. I am talking about the reg uf 4 and he is talking about the variant. The book is hot there is no denying it variant or reg issue. 

He just can't separate his dislike of the character. I looked at the variant auctions and some a very suspicious considering the book is easier to find them some.

That doesn't change the fact that the book is selling very well. Some sales just might be inflated which happens with alot of variants. It just happens he hates this book and the characteer.

Edited by fastballspecial

5 hours ago, Logan510 said:

:eek:

Are these for slabbing / flipping or do you just really love X-O Manowar #1?

jmatt's definitely a Valiant fan, but I can't imagine he won't give up plenty for sale after securing a 9.8 for himself (if he doesn't already have some). I think a bunch of those Porky's Valiant auctions were good bets for speculating, but they all went for far too much to be worth it, in my opinion. I do hope that Valiant's future is bright, and I will pick up extra books here and there on the cheap as a spec play, but there is too much risk for me to speculate on this scale.

6 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

-J.

I believe you're reading that contract incorrectly.  There are two different lists of character traits that Sony must abide by, one for Spider-Man (whether Peter Parker or an alternative Spider-Man character), and one for Peter Parker, and it doesn't stipulate that "Spider-Man" has to be caucasian, only that "Peter Parker or *his* Spider-Man alter ego" has to be caucasian.

21 minutes ago, MojoComics said:

I believe you're reading that contract incorrectly.  There are two different lists of character traits that Sony must abide by, one for Spider-Man (whether Peter Parker or an alternative Spider-Man character), and one for Peter Parker, and it doesn't stipulate that "Spider-Man" has to be caucasian, only that "Peter Parker or *his* Spider-Man alter ego" has to be caucasian.

I think you read my post incorrectly.  

Where did I reference race anywhere in it ? 

And in either scenario, only Peter Parker can ever be "Spider-man" in a live action movie.  It was a caveat Stan Lee himself demanded and he has reiterated publicly on multiple occasions. Unfortunately, they can't change that without tearing up the whole contract, which would cause all of the rights to revert back to Marvel, so don't hold your breath for that either.  

Sorry, no Miles Morales as "Spider-Man" in any live action movies.  :sorry:

-J. 

Edited by Jaydogrules

Just now, Jaydogrules said:

I think you read my post incorrectly.  

Where did I reference race anywhere in it ? 

And in either scenario, only Peter Parker can ever be "Spider-man" in a live action movie.   Unfortunately, they can't change that without tearing up the whole contract, which would cause all of the rights to revert back to Marvel, so don't hold your breath for that either.  

Sorry, no Miles Morales as "Spider-Man" in any live action movies.  :sorry:

-J. 

Do you have an additional source that I'm not privy to, or is my Google-fu failing me, because I'm not seeing where it stipulates that only Peter Parker can be Spider-Man anywhere in the contractual sources that I'm able to find. 

From the original contract:

"

Alternate Versions Of Spider-Man Character
. If SPE depicts an alternative version of Spider-Man (i.e., not Peter Parker), then:
SPE must use the alternative version’s civilian alter ego"

This seems to indicate that Spider-Man does not always have to be Peter Parker...