• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,787 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, Mapleleafvann said:

The ones that aren't worth much go in the hole with you.  HA!

Yeah, that will likely include many of Dynamites early Red Sonja statue. Sideshow's new Red Sonja statues make those older Dynamite statues look asolutely atrocious. I could see him tossing those in the hole with me, lol. 

23 minutes ago, OrangeCrush said:

Yeah, that will likely include many of Dynamites early Red Sonja statue. Sideshow's new Red Sonja statues make those older Dynamite statues look asolutely atrocious. I could see him tossing those in the hole with me, lol. 

As collectors, there are just so many things going in the hole, on top of us, when that time comes.  I actually might have to have two graves.....1.75 for the drek...and the .25 for me....

2 hours ago, OrangeCrush said:

Because I don't buy statues for investment purposes. With some collecting hobbies investment plays a key role in my purchases and with some hobbies investment plays no role whatsoever. Again, with statues investing plays no role whatsoever. I honestly couldn't care less what happens to the value of the statues I purchase as I have no plans on ever selling them. I buy them purely for my own enjoyment. My son will be deciding what to do with my statues when I am dead and buried and I could say the same thing about many of my other hobbies as well. Again, some hobbies I collect purely for enjoyment and other hobbies investment plays a key role. For example, some of the hobbies I have where investment plays a key role include bullion/coins, comics, original art, limited edition prints (which I now limit to limited editions made up of original pieces of art. I don't buy limited edition giclee prints anymore.), etc. Some of my hobbies that I partake in purely for enjoyment include antique/vintage cameras & lenses, antique/vinage Kodak memorabilia, Polaroid SX70's, vintage Belstaff & Barbour jackets, limited edition playing cards, wildlife stamps, etc. 

If investing played a key role with my statue purchasing, there really wouldn't be much of a difference, short of the fact that I dont think a crash is imminent with the high end statue market like I do with modern comics and the modern variant market. And technically I didn't sell my Campbell comics/sketchbooks to buy the Campbell statues. I was planning on selling my Campbell comics and sketchbooks before Sideshow had even announced their Campbell statues. So it just wound up being lucky timing in regards to buying the statues. I still would have sold most of my Campbell comics and sketchbooks even if Sideshow had no plans on making new Campbell statues and I still would have purchased the Campbell Sideshow statues even if I didn't sell his comics and sketchbooks. Again, the timing with the two was just pure coincidence 

This has so many holes right away, but I'll just go here:

IMG_6660.JPG

Edited by ygogolak

8 hours ago, Mapleleafvann said:

As collectors, there are just so many things going in the hole, on top of us, when that time comes.  I actually might have to have two graves.....1.75 for the drek...and the .25 for me....

My grave would wind up being like the Atari ET burial site. 

1460595792-0.jpg

1398609912522.jpg

Edited by OrangeCrush

18 hours ago, James Lawry said:

Not sure where else to ask this, but where do you guys see Batman 608 2nd Print going over the next few years?  I got a copy for $120 a while ago and have been considering grabbing another.  It is my favorite Batman cover by a good margin.

I sold a NM+ raw copy for $150 last month I think.

1 minute ago, James Lawry said:

That seems to be what they have been going for.  I wonder what the ceiling on these will be in the next few years

There are 2 types of collectors at that price point. OCD raw buyers which you wouldn't believe the ridiculous questions I had
to answer on that book.

And people looking to slab to get 9.8.

If the money continues to flow out for 9.8s at least the 2nd group will always be pushing raw prices up.

1 minute ago, fastballspecial said:

There are 2 types of collectors at that price point. OCD raw buyers which you wouldn't believe the ridiculous questions I had
to answer on that book.

And people looking to slab to get 9.8.

If the money continues to flow out for 9.8s at least the 2nd group will always be pushing raw prices up.

lol I am one of those OCD raw buyers on occasion....

And yeah I think that book will creep up over the years.  I think it will become like 227 or 251 in terms of the cover driving the value.  Plus Hush is dope.

49 minutes ago, James Lawry said:

lol I am one of those OCD raw buyers on occasion....

And yeah I think that book will creep up over the years.  I think it will become like 227 or 251 in terms of the cover driving the value.  Plus Hush is dope.

Hush doesn't appear until 609.