• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,757 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, kairos70 said:

Here we go again with the drawn out first appearance?

Quite possibly....and I am sure that I complicating matters further when I say that I disagree with the last 3 words of your assessment of #795.  Regardless, it doesn't matter what I think.....if the market loves it and continues to love it, then that's your answer.....

Just now, Mapleleafvann said:

Quite possibly....and I am sure that I complicating matters further when I say that I disagree with the last 3 words of your assessment of #795.  Regardless, it doesn't matter what I think.....if the market loves it and continues to love it, then that's your answer.....

Yeah,  I'm just went with that name because of the forth coming issues but technically its....

Spoiler

(Norman Osborn bonds with the Carnage symbiote - no name provided or proclaimed.)

2 minutes ago, kairos70 said:

Yeah,  I'm just went with that name because of the forth coming issues but technically its....

Actually I think there are 3 words uttered that tell you exactly what it is....but you are certainly right about no 1st appearance imo anyways.  

5 hours ago, the authority said:

Amazing Spider-man 795 is picking up steam in a hurry. I haven't been buying the series lately but absolutely love Dale Keown doing the Hulk. This caused me to order 3 copies without knowing the story was going to feature this legendary villain combo. I've since paid a little extra to buy a couple more issues. Would be thrilled to see Spidey in Black vs Goblin/:wishluck:Carnage combo. 

I accidentally bought two copies today (hit two shops, forgot I picked it up at the first one. thx ADD!) so yay me, I suppose. I like the cover.

6 hours ago, the authority said:

Amazing Spider-man 795 is picking up steam in a hurry. I haven't been buying the series lately but absolutely love Dale Keown doing the Hulk. This caused me to order 3 copies without knowing the story was going to feature this legendary villain combo. I've since paid a little extra to buy a couple more issues. Would be thrilled to see Spidey in Black vs Goblin/:wishluck:Carnage combo. 

Great, now I can't decide if I should be running to my LCS after work to see if I can snag an extra copy or two.

1 minute ago, speedcake said:

Probably a good idea if you are interested in the story. Or if you are ok with 2nd printings then just wait a minute. heh 

I sub to the title so my LCS pulls a copy for me each month.  But I admit to being easily persuaded by this board at times when people mention first appearances (Spider-Gwen #24) or is hard to find (Mister Miracle #1).  So occasionally I'm guilty of picking up an extra issue or two and speculating.

1 hour ago, speedcake said:

And anyone in NYC, Midtown Comics is still pretty flush with both covers. At least as of around 5pm today when I was there (Times Square spot)

Don't know if it's an anomaly or a trend but there are 64 copies currently available on ebay. Of those, 52 are the Spider-man Ross cover and 12 are the Hulk Keown cover. The Hulk cover is also commanding more dollars per copy than the Spidey cover too. 

On a side note, Marvel seems to be in " new character " mode with this series, Weapon H, Future Ghost Rider, and the current Avengers storyline. Should be interesting to see how these hold up over time. 

12 minutes ago, the authority said:

On a side note, Marvel seems to be in " new character " mode with this series, Weapon H, Future Ghost Rider, and the current Avengers storyline. Should be interesting to see how these hold up over time. 

I think it will be very interesting to see how well they hold up.  What I like the best is that they are trying to produce something decent without having Wolverine or Deadpool in it for crying out loud.  I think some of the price increases are a result of people actually looking at Marvel books again and wanting to read the storyline(s).  I've seen many people entering stores recently and opening up pull boxes to order the Avengers, Thanos, Dark Nights Metal and Doctor Strange (DS to a lesser extent).  I think it's also interesting that Marvel is now using interior cover pages for 2nd and 3rd prints---good for them for actually putting in some bloody effort---it seems like it's been a long time since they have actually put on their thinking caps.  I wonder how much this has to do with the new Editor-In-Chief???  

1 minute ago, speedcake said:

When the two Thanos #15s I threw up a week ago solid in under 5 minutes, I kicked myself over my pricing. So I'm just shooting for the moon this time. rofl

It's not just pricing I would guess....if you have an excellent track record, potential buyers are much more inclined to try you out....

9 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

In regards to ASM, as a recent reference, Avengers 675 was labeled 1st Voyager, in lieu of most internet comments I read saying otherwise. I guess the variant covers tipped the scales. If only Hulk 180 had variant covers.

Very interesting...thank you for sharing that!

2 hours ago, Mapleleafvann said:

Very interesting...thank you for sharing that!

...and to build on that, when Batman Who Laughs came up the said they would let the market decide. Market decided a while ago. But this they just made a decision on...I guess. (shrug)