• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,757 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

...and to build on that, when Batman Who Laughs came up the said they would let the market decide. Market decided a while ago. But this they just made a decision on...I guess. (shrug)

I guess this is another example of truth being stranger than fiction.  I actually did wonder about the first appearance of the BWL.  According to release dates as well as the order the books are to be read in, Dark Nights Metal #2 actually precedes TT#12.....but the market decided otherwise.  

23 hours ago, Mapleleafvann said:

I think it will be very interesting to see how well they hold up.  What I like the best is that they are trying to produce something decent without having Wolverine or Deadpool in it for crying out loud.  I think some of the price increases are a result of people actually looking at Marvel books again and wanting to read the storyline(s).  I've seen many people entering stores recently and opening up pull boxes to order the Avengers, Thanos, Dark Nights Metal and Doctor Strange (DS to a lesser extent).  I think it's also interesting that Marvel is now using interior cover pages for 2nd and 3rd prints---good for them for actually putting in some bloody effort---it seems like it's been a long time since they have actually put on their thinking caps.  I wonder how much this has to do with the new Editor-In-Chief???  

I was surprised by Doctor Strange #781-#783. #783 actually sold out in my area and I saw that a second printing came out Wednesday. One LCS had #781 & #782 priced at $10 a piece but I did find another LCS that still had those two issues for cover price.

Edited by kairos70

20 hours ago, ygogolak said:

...and to build on that, when Batman Who Laughs came up the said they would let the market decide. Market decided a while ago. But this they just made a decision on...I guess. (shrug)

And they still haven't made a decision! No designation on either book yet... I generally think it'll be DNM2 1st Cameo, TT12 1st Full Appearance. 

25 minutes ago, CKinTO said:

And they still haven't made a decision! No designation on either book yet... I generally think it'll be DNM2 1st Cameo, TT12 1st Full Appearance. 

I think his cameo is actually in the Casting.  Maybe this will be a "same time" different issue (like ASM 252, MTU 141 and SW 8).  Weren't TT 12 and DNM 2 released the same day?

21 hours ago, Mapleleafvann said:

I guess this is another example of truth being stranger than fiction.  I actually did wonder about the first appearance of the BWL.  According to release dates as well as the order the books are to be read in, Dark Nights Metal #2 actually precedes TT#12.....but the market decided otherwise.  

release dates take a backseat to scarcity

On 2/3/2018 at 5:51 PM, darkstar said:

Preacher #1 and the Preview were victims of a flood of bad information regarding their print runs and availability in 9.8. 

Are there a ton of preview 9.8s out there?  Issue 1 sure but the Preview seems to be pretty tough to find in 9.8.  Also if you really want the Preview to be complete you are gonna need the Diamond issue it came with.

On 2/6/2018 at 8:19 PM, ygogolak said:

Anybody that would pay $20 for that now wouldn't know how to grade the copy they were buying.

How is this book not a key?  It's her first as Ayesha which is the name of the GOTG 2 character.  Add to that she is going to be in the next film unlike Ego or Ronan. Try finding a high grade newsstand of this, I dare ya!

9 minutes ago, MrWeen said:

How is this book not a key?  It's her first as Ayesha which is the name of the GOTG 2 character.  Add to that she is going to be in the next film unlike Ego or Ronan. Try finding a high grade newsstand of this, I dare ya!

Never said anything of the sort. And, it's definitely not a key, a minor key at best.

2 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Never said anything of the sort. And, it's definitely not a key, a minor key at best.

She's the primary villain for 1, possibly 2 films for a wildly successful franchise. I would say it's actually undervalued.

4 minutes ago, MrWeen said:

She's the primary villain for 1, possibly 2 films for a wildly successful franchise. I would say it's actually undervalued.

1. She had 3 minutes of screentime in GOTG 2? EGO was the main villain. That is who the team came together to defeat. Unseen what here role in #3 will be. Remember who they setup in Cap #2 as the villain and then how they were used in Cap #3?

2. The other villains you mentioned and their value drop since the movies shows the volatility of villians.

3. Movie / TV spec. is not what it was 5 years ago.

Edited by ygogolak

4 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

1. She had 3 minutes of screentime in GOTG 2? EGO was the main villain. That is who the team came together to defeat. Unseen what here role in #3 will be. Remember who they setup in Cap #2 as the villain and then how they were used in Cap #3?

2. The other villains you mentioned and their value drop since the movies shows the volatility of villians.

Actually you are right about Ego.  It appears she's going to pretty important in 3. 

Yes villain speculation is tough and yes Movie TV spec isn't what it was but all it takes is a well done villain, something comic films have a tough time pulling off.   Maybe if they put her in a gold bikini this book will take off.

31 minutes ago, MrWeen said:
38 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Actually you are right about Ego.  It appears she's going to pretty important in 3. 

Yes villain speculation is tough and yes Movie TV spec isn't what it was but all it takes is a well done villain, something comic films have a tough time pulling off.   Maybe if they put her in a gold bikini this book will take off.

I would agree it depends on her usage in the next film. What hurt her was also the Marvel Two In One 1st appearance of Her which is what everyone thought for awhile
is how the character was going to be displayed until they named her a little later.

7 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Some sales for discussion last few months. Again I cant stress this is the best 3 months of selling I think I might
Sensation Comics 4 - $10 multiple copies

After 3 years, is it starting to get some love?

On 2/10/2018 at 12:47 PM, fastballspecial said:

Its been a $5-10 book for awhile. These copies were NM+ so I am sure the buyer is going to slab them.

For whatever reason, I have a hard time finding this book in grade. A lot of copies I run across seem to have a slight spine curl. Maybe it's just a local issue, I dunno.