• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,791 posts in this topic

On 2/2/2022 at 11:13 AM, Crops068 said:

I picked up cover a and 1:10 😉

I was hoping to find an A cover in shops, but nope. Diamond distribution problem. Nice. :/

I grabbed the 1:10 and 1:25 online yesterday. Paid about $15 for the A cover today online.

After Thor #20 and Black Panther #3 being a pain to get recently, these kinds of situations are starting to grate on me. I might have to start doing a few pre-orders for regular issues.

On 2/2/2022 at 1:03 PM, Lord Gemini said:

I was hoping to find an A cover in shops, but nope. Diamond distribution problem. Nice. :/

I grabbed the 1:10 and 1:25 online yesterday. Paid about $15 for the A cover today online.

After Thor #20 and Black Panther #3 being a pain to get recently, these kinds of situations are starting to grate on me. I might have to start doing a few pre-orders for regular issues.

I passed on the 1:25 to another regular at the LCS that I get my ratios from, it was $13.  He is there pretty much ever week a new ASM hits and grabs the ratios normally so it was an easy pass for me.  Cool cover though.

Both the A and 1:10 were cover, I likely would not have grabbed the 1:10 but it is Gleason and I am a fan.

Sorry to hear about the distribution issue, we had that for the last 2 weeks of Dec and 1st 2 weeks of January.  Marvel was late 2 weeks then Indie was late 2 weeks for the whole area.

On 2/1/2022 at 11:13 PM, kimik said:

Looks like ASM 88 with the Goblin Queen, a book that has been telegraphed for well over a month, is the winner this week. lol 

And Cates failed to drive any interest in his “mind blowing reveal/appearance” in his latest issue. lol 

On 2/2/2022 at 12:38 PM, awakeintheashes said:

And Cates failed to drive any interest in his “mind blowing reveal/appearance” in his latest issue. lol 

That was in Crossover? I am glad I made my money back with a spec purchase of #1 from selling the variants. Now I can use the rest of the issues for starting fires in the fire pit.

On 2/2/2022 at 12:03 PM, Lord Gemini said:

Some of it is Diamond distribution, but a lot of it is stores missing out on ordering books. It has been an issue throughout Covid, which is fantastic if you speculate right. (thumbsu

Edited by kimik

On 2/2/2022 at 2:45 PM, kimik said:

That was in Crossover? I am glad I made my money back with a spec purchase of #1 from selling the variants. Now I can use the rest of the issues for starting fires in the fire pit.

Yeah. He posted a video last week about some major reveal. It was nothing special. Chip Z’s response to his video was perfect. Not sure if it was supposed to come off as a cyber eye roll, but that’s how I prefer to interpret it. 
99C3757C-FBAC-4204-A317-A442AA8CE7C6.thumb.jpeg.7452e30923fae9c767541517d8af31d6.jpeg

On 2/2/2022 at 2:50 PM, Crops068 said:

I rather enjoyed that appearance in Crossover. (shrug)

Is the media freaking out like he said they would?

He tried to pump it up in such a transparent way. I yawned. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

On 2/2/2022 at 2:50 PM, Crops068 said:

I rather enjoyed that appearance in Crossover. (shrug)

Also, I’m not sure if he was poking fun at himself or if it was just a coincidence, but I found it a bit funny that his character has trouble coming up with an ending. 

On 2/2/2022 at 2:59 PM, PeterPark said:
  Hide contents

Shouldn't it have been the God of Negans...or something Cates-like-clever like that?

Good point. Who knows, maybe it would have been a bigger deal if he didn’t try to hype it up. 

On 2/2/2022 at 1:35 PM, Crops068 said:

I passed on the 1:25 to another regular at the LCS that I get my ratios from, it was $13.  He is there pretty much ever week a new ASM hits and grabs the ratios normally so it was an easy pass for me.  Cool cover though.

Both the A and 1:10 were cover, I likely would not have grabbed the 1:10 but it is Gleason and I am a fan.

Sorry to hear about the distribution issue, we had that for the last 2 weeks of Dec and 1st 2 weeks of January.  Marvel was late 2 weeks then Indie was late 2 weeks for the whole area.

I'm sure the A cover would have been jacked up to $10 and the 1:10 to $20 if he had it there. It's becoming more and more of an issue with this particular store as certain issues which should be cover price have been bumped up due to popularity. With incentive covers, I understand it. With regular covers, limit it to one a customer, but leave the price alone.

On 2/2/2022 at 10:41 AM, Junkdrawer said:

I’d have to say these 2 are heating up on eBay. The Special has 2 nice sales lately, can’t find a 155 in 9.8 and 9.6s are selling for $700. What the ceiling on these?

FE3D0CD3-1CFF-4248-9A9D-BB61A0761E11.jpeg

The CGC 9.6 that sold for $700 was a newsstand #155.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/143747232882

CGC 9.6 direct editions of #155 are available under $400.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/125042473923

There are only direct editions for the GIJoe Special 1995, so that one's got no "competition" for collector preferences.

Edited by valiantman

On 2/2/2022 at 3:04 PM, valiantman said:

The CGC 9.6 that sold for $700 was a newsstand #155.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/143747232882

CGC 9.6 direct editions of #155 are available under $400.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/125042473923

There are only direct editions for the GIJoe Special 1995, so that one's got no "competition" for collector preferences.

Yeah, prices on #155 are pretty stable. I sold a slabbed 9.6 direct with white pages for $400 three years ago. 🤷🏻‍♂️