• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,789 posts in this topic

UF4 is a shoe in for a big boost the second miles is announced for the MCU, then another when he gets cast and glimpsed in a teaser.

The Pichelli variant has been steadily rising, I see a few more of those being snapped up too.

On 1/29/2022 at 10:19 AM, ygogolak said:

well, it would not be very smart to say "yeah, they can pay me whatever I don't care. I love being Spider-Man and will play it for as long as they ask me to!!!"

On 1/29/2022 at 10:51 AM, Bird said:

well, it would not be very smart to say "yeah, they can pay me whatever I don't care. I love being Spider-Man and will play it for as long as they ask me to!!!"

He has an option for 3 pictures. From what he said it's more like if Marvel asks him to come back he will. But the deal is not to play Spider-Man in 3 movies as was originally thought.

On 1/29/2022 at 11:08 AM, ygogolak said:

He has an option for 3 pictures. From what he said it's more like if Marvel asks him to come back he will. But the deal is not to play Spider-Man in 3 movies as was originally thought.

Considering how successful the new movie has been, I'm sure that Marvel is going to want him back. There's money for everyone if he continues, even if he gets a huge paycheck.

On 1/29/2022 at 9:29 AM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Considering how successful the new movie has been, I'm sure that Marvel is going to want him back. There's money for everyone if he continues, even if he gets a huge paycheck.

It could be Garfield as Spidey. He’s the one actor who’s tenure as Spidey got cut short. I feel he has more dynamic to offer to the character than Holland who is a terrible Peter Parker

On 1/29/2022 at 4:56 AM, RickSp said:

UF4 is a shoe in for a big boost the second miles is announced for the MCU, then another when he gets cast and glimpsed in a teaser.

The Pichelli variant has been steadily rising, I see a few more of those being snapped up too.

Miles doesn't need the live action. The animated movie is the highest modern boost on a comic after the film was released in theaters. 

Edited by catch21

On 1/29/2022 at 3:16 AM, Second Blight said:

The next live-action-Tom-Holland-Spiderman-movie........

I actually had to spell it out for you.

No, I thought you forgot on how well Miles animated movie  impacted the comics compared to other live action tv shows and movies.

Edited by catch21

On 1/29/2022 at 3:29 PM, catch21 said:

Miles doesn't need the live action. The animated movie is the highest modern boost on a comic after the film was released in theaters. 

Indeed my brother saw it, raved and raved. I caught glimpses, but never sat through it in totality. I still could I suppose, I was always keeping it reserve. A lot of movies like that, just lately the latest mortal kombat lol

On 1/29/2022 at 4:34 PM, catch21 said:

No, I thought you forgot on how well Miles animated movie  impacted the comics compared to other live action tv shows and movies.

I remember UF4 getting a big boost when it was announced he was going to be the Spider-man featured in the video game. Would be interesting to compare the boost for that compared to the movie.

On 1/29/2022 at 6:50 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

I remember UF4 getting a big boost when it was announced he was going to be the Spider-man featured in the video game. Would be interesting to compare the boost for that compared to the movie.

I can only provide context in my tracking month-to-month of my personal collection.
(As I've previously shared I initially ignored Miles until my little guy said he was his favorite Spider-Man...'Rule of 25' and all that...so I was late to the party)

My copy of UF #4 9.6 was purchased in September of 2019 for $150.
A year later with the release of the PS4/5 game in September of 2020 the book was trending at $413.
In 2021 the book went from trending at $570 in February to $1050 in March!
Can only presume that was when confirmation of Multiverse of Madness and the multiple Spider-Men leaks occurred...

On 2/1/2022 at 4:55 AM, Corona smith said:

It’s only a matter of time before the Star Wars High Republic books go nuts. Disney is definitely bringing it to the big screen. I’m starting my third short box of just High Republic. 

Which version?

On 2/1/2022 at 8:37 AM, manetteska said:

Which version?

Any and first appearances. Also, HR 1, HRA 1 and 2. 

For those not reading the books, https://drunkwooky.com does a good job of spotlighting first appearances and important events.