• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,788 posts in this topic

On 2/2/2022 at 6:04 PM, valiantman said:

The CGC 9.6 that sold for $700 was a newsstand #155.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/143747232882

CGC 9.6 direct editions of #155 are available under $400.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/125042473923

There are only direct editions for the GIJoe Special 1995, so that one's got no "competition" for collector preferences.

Interesting. Thanks

On 2/2/2022 at 2:45 PM, kimik said:

That was in Crossover? I am glad I made my money back with a spec purchase of #1 from selling the variants. Now I can use the rest of the issues for starting fires in the fire pit.

As much as I carped on it. 11 is starting to creep up in listing prices and one sold. 

Also, Land of Living Gods #1 comes out next week from Aftershock. Pre sales already at $20.  

On 2/2/2022 at 2:58 PM, awakeintheashes said:

Also, I’m not sure if he was poking fun at himself or if it was just a coincidence, but I found it a bit funny that his character has trouble coming up with an ending. 

That was the only good part.

On 2/2/2022 at 4:47 PM, kimik said:

Donny is trying to get his numbers up again after he bit ched about speculators and they dropped his books. lol

I didn't see that. Was is carried by comic news sites?

On 2/2/2022 at 11:47 AM, kimik said:

Donny is trying to get his numbers up again after he bit ched about speculators and they dropped his books. lol

He seemed to hype up Knull Hulk just fine. Someone told me to order the farm on Hulk 6, I told him he already appeared in Hulk 3 and that's probably the one to get. Not to mention he'll probably appear in some form in 4 and 5. Retailers will be well prepared for 6, doubt it has any spec value. 

Cheers, just grabbed Amazing Spiderman (#634,635,636,637) Grim Hunt Variant Set from eBay for a really good price then. :)

On 2/4/2022 at 6:33 AM, Tnexus said:

ASM #210 is selling right now.

ASM #637 is also getting cleared out on Ebay with the Dakota Johnson announcement likely playing Julia Carpenter's Madame Web. 

On 2/3/2022 at 6:15 PM, Lpgk said:

He seemed to hype up Knull Hulk just fine. Someone told me to order the farm on Hulk 6, I told him he already appeared in Hulk 3 and that's probably the one to get. Not to mention he'll probably appear in some form in 4 and 5. Retailers will be well prepared for 6, doubt it has any spec value. 

I think it’s just more of the same from Cates.  The venom run and KIB both sucked hard. Now he’s doing a Knull Hulk?! One trick pony anyone? 

On 2/4/2022 at 7:02 AM, Corona smith said:

I think it’s just more of the same from Cates.  The venom run and KIB both sucked hard. Now he’s doing a Knull Hulk?! One trick pony anyone? 

I couldn't disagree more. I loved his Venom run as well as KIB. His Thor run has had its ups and downs, but I loved the first arc and am enjoying the current one. I think he's far from a one trick pony.

On 2/6/2022 at 6:30 AM, AmazingComics413 said:

Raw copies of Black Panther 3A (200) going up over $50 this weekend...!

I told myself I would not FOMO this book. Then I bought a copy for $29 and chastised myself for being dumb because I figured I bought at the peak and it would be back to a $15-20 book this week. Maybe I got lucky - guess I'll hold it for a while and see if it continues to rise.

On 2/7/2022 at 11:54 AM, Jesse-Lee said:

I told myself I would not FOMO this book. Then I bought a copy for $29 and chastised myself for being dumb because I figured I bought at the peak and it would be back to a $15-20 book this week. Maybe I got lucky - guess I'll hold it for a while and see if it continues to rise.

I was browsing a dealer's comics at the AZ Toy Con this weekend, and found one that wasn't priced.  I asked him how much, and he looked at the cover price and said "$5.99, but I'll take $5."  Score!

On 2/7/2022 at 10:00 PM, Rob said:

I was browsing a dealer's comics at the AZ Toy Con this weekend, and found one that wasn't priced.  I asked him how much, and he looked at the cover price and said "$5.99, but I'll take $5."  Score!

That's a great score! I can usually resist - when I miss the boat, I'm typically ok with it; I've found plenty of deals in my collecting life to make up for my misses. But I kept thinking about the climb that UF4 made, when people were like, "it has to come back to Earth at some point," but it kept going up. I felt like $29 was palatable enough to buy in without much risk just in case it really does hit big.

On 2/4/2022 at 2:24 PM, fastballspecial said:

I'd like to thank her for making me some nice cash this week. 
I will continue to watch your films even if they suck. 

image.thumb.png.362ec91ad1720a77db8be6361cc3d3ac.png

Daily reminder Fifty Shades is a blatant rip off of Secretary .. Spader x Maggie = beast