• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

On 3/13/2024 at 8:48 AM, ygogolak said:

So they are actually doing both versions and neither is a ratio?

I love both covers. I need to preorder these.

Nope these are not a ratio.

Edited by captainzombie

On 3/13/2024 at 9:45 AM, WolverineX said:

I believe that's correct. The pre-order is pretty reasonable right now unlike some of his older covers

I nabbed both covers on preorder at MyComicShop - no ratios. Their preorder window for this book is now closed though, but both covers are still available in a lot of places. I think it's an April 3 drop date.

On 3/24/2024 at 7:57 PM, William-James88 said:

What’s up with Batman 142? I read it, I dont see how this is a key.

The foil cover or the regular? I know a lot of people were really into where that arc was going, but it seemed to end with a dud. With that said, the foil cover still looks to be selling well. 

On 3/24/2024 at 9:49 PM, awakeintheashes said:

The foil cover or the regular? I know a lot of people were really into where that arc was going, but it seemed to end with a dud. With that said, the foil cover still looks to be selling well. 

All of Chip’s storylines so far end with a dud, its really too bad. Is the foil cover selling well simply because its a foil cover? 

On 3/25/2024 at 12:50 AM, William-James88 said:

All of Chip’s storylines so far end with a dud, its really too bad. Is the foil cover selling well simply because its a foil cover? 

Yeah, I think the cover is what is carrying it. That cover started selling well out of the gate, IIRC. 

On 3/25/2024 at 9:00 AM, awakeintheashes said:

Yeah, I think the cover is what is carrying it. That cover started selling well out of the gate, IIRC. 

Yes, the book got a second print right away.

Edited by William-James88

Things have gotten mighty quiet here. I take it there are no really hot new releases this week?

I will admit that pricing out sets to take to the Calgary Expo I was surprised to see how high the Spider-Gwen Gwenverse #1-5 Land B cover set is going for, as well as the Batman Beyond Neo-Year #1-6. With Dunbar and Lanzing at the show I hope to be able to sell a bunch of the BBNY sets at the show to avoid eBay fees and time for packing to ship.

On 3/24/2024 at 7:47 PM, awakeintheashes said:

Miles Morales #6 (2023)

Thanks for the heads up on this. I did not realize I had a small bulk order on it. My file LCS owner must have added it based on his info. I love it when he does that. 

Edited by kimik

On 4/9/2024 at 11:06 PM, kimik said:

Things have gotten mighty quiet here. I take it there are no really hot new releases this week?

I will admit that pricing out sets to take to the Calgary Expo I was surprised to see how high the Spider-Gwen Gwenverse #1-5 Land B cover set is going for, as well as the Batman Beyond Neo-Year #1-6. With Dunbar and Lanzing at the show I hope to be able to sell a bunch of the BBNY sets at the show to avoid eBay fees and time for packing to ship.

$5 cover. Set would be $25 retail.

1.jpg

On 4/11/2024 at 10:51 AM, ygogolak said:

$5 cover. Set would be $25 retail.

1.jpg

I would expect that none of us posting here pay cover price?

Those prices are much higher than the last time I looked in early 2023. At the time it was $20-$25 per set, which is basically file level discount to full retail. As I have posted before, if you are buying bulk talk to your file store about a bigger discount. If they can't do better than a file level discount shop around for a store that will.

Edited by kimik

Huh... did i missed something? 

I mean its obviously the most valueless part of the whole batman modern run (400-700~) there is not even 1 issue over 10$, dont speak me about 497 LOL... 95% of this stuff is in the dollar bins...

I often follow the neatstuffcollectibles.com auctions, it comforts me in the fact that the seller reputation is a great factor on the price that people are ready to pay for books...

Screenshot_20240413-082916_eBay.thumb.jpg.6485ae8930714b178a0c094563fda8b8.jpg

Edited by BA773

On 4/13/2024 at 11:52 AM, BA773 said:

Huh... did i missed something? 

I mean its obviously the most valueless part of the whole batman modern run (400-700~) there is not even 1 issue over 10$, dont speak me about 497 LOL... 95% of this stuff is in the dollar bins...

I often follow the neatstuffcollectibles.com auctions, it comforts me in the fact that the seller reputation is a great factor on the price that people are ready to pay for books...

Screenshot_20240413-082916_eBay.thumb.jpg.6485ae8930714b178a0c094563fda8b8.jpg

It makes sense to me in the current market. At less than $4/book, it is not a terrible overpay for a bulk lot providing that the grading is accurate. I guess they buyer is gambling on hitting some 9.8s?

Copper age books have started to pop, with more interest in 90s books as well. Another boardie (can't remember who) mentions the rule of 30 consistently, and these books are now hitting that age. I expect prices to continue to rise.

In addition, GA/SA/BA/early CA Batman have held their value well from the 2021/22 peak, with some starting to top those prices. While most titles have cratered, Batman and Tec have held up strong relatively speaking.

On 4/13/2024 at 3:06 PM, kimik said:

It makes sense to me in the current market. At less than $4/book, it is not a terrible overpay for a bulk lot providing that the grading is accurate. I guess they buyer is gambling on hitting some 9.8s?

Copper age books have started to pop, with more interest in 90s books as well. Another boardie (can't remember who) mentions the rule of 30 consistently, and these books are now hitting that age. I expect prices to continue to rise.

In addition, GA/SA/BA/early CA Batman have held their value well from the 2021/22 peak, with some starting to top those prices. While most titles have cratered, Batman and Tec have held up strong relatively speaking.

I've purchased some lots from that seller than indicated the condition was "AVG 9.8" and without even taking books out of the bags you could see multiple color-breaking spine tics on a bunch of books in a random batch selected. I've only continued to win lots because I adjusted my top bid way down and managed to win some lots for an average of a dollar and change per book. If the buyer here is expecting a lot of 9.8s, they're probably going to be disappointed. (But who knows, they might get lucky and be buying a lot re-sold from a collector that was the OO and took really good care of their books.)

On 4/13/2024 at 4:24 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:
On 4/13/2024 at 2:06 PM, kimik said:

I've purchased some lots from that seller than indicated the condition was "AVG 9.8" and without even taking books out of the bags you could see multiple color-breaking spine tics on a bunch of books in a random batch selected. I've only continued to win lots because I adjusted my top bid way down and managed to win some lots for an average of a dollar and change per book. If the buyer here is expecting a lot of 9.8s, they're probably going to be disappointed. (But who knows, they might get lucky and be buying a lot re-sold from a collector that was the OO and took really good care of their books.)

This only really hit those sales numbers due to it being sold NeatStuff, who has built a pretty good following and reputation on his standards, grading,  and massive quantity/variety of books. 

Almost any other seller would have likely ended for half that. 

On 1/23/2024 at 11:22 AM, kimik said:

FWIW, it does make sense that the comic market is picking up with almost full employment, interest rates holding steady (and possibly being cut this year), and equities and cryptocurrencies hitting new highs. Let's hope things keep up for the entire year. 

Mid April 2024 update; nopes....