• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,908 posts in this topic

On 7/21/2024 at 1:33 PM, Michael Browning said:

Almost a month without any comments... what's happening? Are there no moderns heating up?

Nothing here has really "heated" up. Even a jump in the $25 - 100 dollar range is insignificant. Only a few gems like Wolverine #1 or Thanos #13 rise above pennyante.

On 8/4/2024 at 3:22 AM, World Devourer said:

Nothing here has really "heated" up. Even a jump in the $25 - 100 dollar range is insignificant. Only a few gems like Wolverine #1 or Thanos #13 rise above pennyante.

Last weekend I made a killing on iron man books. Books are still selling it's just the summer when cons are in full force so it's a bit slower 

On 8/5/2024 at 5:24 AM, fastballspecial said:

Why do you need know that information? My ebay page is public knowledge look for yourself.

That wasn't an attack. Just curious. Yes, I can do that if your username is the same. I just believe there is a marked difference between a little windfall and the proverbial hitting one out of the park.

I am still selling JSC exclusives like crazy on eBay for nice prices. Too bad I am finally running out. I hope he does a run of Mystery boxes again soon so I can restock. 

Ultimate Spider-Man 1-3, Blood Hunt 1, and other recent 1s are still selling well for me. I am down to just a handful of each now which is great. 

Godzilla v Kong v JLA 1 2nd print (Barends copy) still sells for $20+. I am down to my last one now and should be out this week.

This is pretty obvious but Infamous Iron Man #1 is hot.  Sold CGC 9.8 for $300, $350, $250.  Speculated on these 2 years ago.  Finally, paid off.  I think hype on this book will fade.  All Doom books are hot.  Would sell into the hype.

I have been watching eBay for Avengers vs. X-Men since it is a potential movie mentioned in the link below. 

The certified 9.8 CGC ones are not plentiful yet despite the 100K print run.  It seems the $150 ones are gone for the time being. 

https://screenrant.com/avengers-vs-xmen-mcu-story-kevin-feige-chances/#:~:text=The MCU's X-Men movie,Men adaptation possible for 2026.

avengers vs xmen.png

In the Transformers collecting sector, there's been the sudden announcement of a Lunar Distributors Surprise Variant. All stores who order through Lunar (does your store get new DC Comics? Then they deal with Lunar), are getting a single copy of this variant. It's already selling on EBay for anywhere from $200-300, and still going strong. Plus it's just a damn fine cover for the Transformer collector. My store wanted mine to go to a good home where it would stay, so I got it cheap. I'm very happy to have it. It'll look great in my collection. 

For those that want to see it, consider it a story spoiler. It's down below: 

Spoiler

IMG_7802.thumb.jpeg.52d1ae87892ac723aaeb73dd63934234.jpeg

On 8/12/2024 at 8:55 PM, Cat said:

In the Transformers collecting sector, there's been the sudden announcement of a Lunar Distributors Surprise Variant. All stores who order through Lunar (does your store get new DC Comics? Then they deal with Lunar), are getting a single copy of this variant. It's already selling on EBay for anywhere from $200-300, and still going strong. Plus it's just a damn fine cover for the Transformer collector. My store wanted mine to go to a good home where it would stay, so I got it cheap. I'm very happy to have it. It'll look great in my collection. 

For those that want to see it, consider it a story spoiler. It's down below: 

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_7802.thumb.jpeg.52d1ae87892ac723aaeb73dd63934234.jpeg

That IS sweet. I'm glad you got one Cat!

On 8/13/2024 at 11:08 AM, grendel013 said:

That IS sweet. I'm glad you got one Cat!

Cheers mate, I was surprised too! I'm their go-to Transformers guy, but I thought even with this they'd be go looking for the money. Thankfully not the case.