• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,822 posts in this topic

Some observances this past week....

* Life With Archie 16 - This issue is coming out of the woodworks suddenly the past few days on eBay. Auctions are ending between $40-50 at the moment. Will be interesting to see how the heat holds up once the attention dies down.

* Veronica 202 - eBay auctions appear to be ending around $15. The attention given to LWA 16 is obviously trickling down to Keller's first appearance. Again, will be interesting to see how the supply and demand hold up.

* Uncharted - Sellers are asking $20+ for Issue 1. Issue 2 seems slightly below that. Not sure if they're actually realizing those prices. But the scarcity of the series appears to be recognized. I'm not seeing any of the variant covers listed. If this ends up being a true sleeper after the series ends (6-issue series), you're looking at severe shortages of all issues. (On a side note, Issue 4 was released last week. My regular LCS only got a couple copies in, didn't think to put one aside for me, and they both sold before I got there after work to his surprise. I followed up at the LCS down the street. That owner said that he decided not to stock it at all since the previous copies didn't sell. Ended up ordering a couple copies off eBay from a dealer. He contacted me over the weekend, apologizing that he was shorted his copies last week. He expected the rest this week, but would understand if I wanted to cancel my order. Honestly, half of me thinks it was bs so that he could just keep the copies and hike up the price.)

* Avengers: Children's Crusade 4 - A single auction for the issue sold for $30+ today on eBay. Only heard this week that this issue is supposedly tough to find. Looked for it over the weekend. All the LCSs in my area were missing the issue, even though they tended to have several of the others. I probably could have cobbled together a full set, except for that issue. So, maybe there's some truth to the Issue 4 rumor, or others who've heard previously already went around and snatched them up.

Edited by dane323

Somebody finally noticed. ;)

lol

Jeff and I have been talking on the phone about it for awhile. I have sold 3 graded 9.8s now...then found 5 more raw 9.8 contenders in a box. Happy week!

a few #1s out today, any of those 'Heating up'? Not that i can't check myself, just throwing it out there.

im struggling to get a Hell Yeah 1, and those i found are silly prices already, typical Image 1st issue syndrome happening

yeah Hell Yeah was sporadic at my 3 shops...

1st store had 1 copy (i took it).

2nd store had 5 copies (i took 2)

3rd store had none (LCS said...never heard of it and i got that look of disgust LCS owners give you when you tell them it's a new Image comic).

I ordered 15 from dcb just in case..... i think they don't ship until my april order though. Though by then it could be stone dead :)

Nah, those two ASM 606 607 have been selling well for months. The sets are just doing very well lately. My copy got an offer in under 12 hours from when I listed it. I buy them all day long for cover and under easy flip.

The two books 607 being a little higher have been selling well for quite awhile. + they are variants of each and Campbell really did these covers well.

Nah, those two ASM 606 607 have been selling well for months. The sets are just doing very well lately. My copy got an offer in under 12 hours from when I listed it. I buy them all day long for cover and under easy flip.

The two books 607 being a little higher have been selling well for quite awhile. + they are variants of each and Campbell really did these covers well.

Yeah. Not saying it isn't a decent book. Just that some of those sales look suspect.

"wiseguyrecords' seems to have sold the same pair at least 6 times in the last 3 weeks and keeps getting more for it every time he sells it!

Despite the fact that cheaper copies of it are available.