• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dead Beat Bidder AF 15

3,340 posts in this topic

My story aside (which if people want, I can probably prove with my call records from that day and a receipt from the Walmart I was at that shows the time of purchase), here are a couple of pms. I was ready to pay, but then it was suggested that the seller can pass it along to the next buyer.

Hey, I won the auction. I can pay you within 3-4 days if that is ok. It ended at almost exactly the same price we originally agreed on, lol.

Ok cool..Thanks.

Hey I was reading where you thought you paid too much for the book...if you think your not going to be happy let me know and I'll offer to the next guy.

I'll let you know tomorrow. My brother might be willing to pay the difference.

I need to know by today. Thanks

Also when I can expect payment...

You're probably better off passing it on. Sorry about all the confusion.

I've bought and sold tens of thousands of dollars worth of items on this board and have never backed out of a deal in the 4 years I've been here. If you want to pay for the item, then don't make the suggestion. Its as simple as that.

That being said this is my last post here. I will complete any transactions I have going, but won't post after that. I could care less if people think of me as a bad guy and a tool. Everyone makes mistakes and apparently I have to take full blame for this one.

Fair enough. I'm not a fan of backing out of a deal, brother or no brother, but

it sounds like the seller didn't give us all the details. Hope you can understand

that we've seen all too many people not paying for what they've purchased.

This is what the Probation Discussions is for: and to allow BOTH parties to state their case. But as is typical, the pitchforks come out before both sides are stated.

Of course they do.

Shoot first, never ask questions at all...THAT'S THE CGC BOARD WAY!

If I read that someone thought they paid to much for a book in an auction of mine.. I'd have thought them pretty stupid for agreeing to pay for it then...

I wouldn't offer them an easy out. IMO this thread is in bad taste, from the quote I read it comes off like your saying " If your having trouble getting the funds together don't sweat it, I have plenty of other buyers".

you offered him a way out... he took it. This appears to be on you.

As alot of you know, I had my AF 15, CGC 1.0 on auction this past week on ebay, no reserve. Anyways the guy who one the auction is a boardie, on here. He PM, me saying that he was really interested in the AF 15, He made an offer of $2,750, but told me he wanted to make payments. I declined because I wanted the money all at once. So I told him to bid on it, via ebay, and If he won I would gave in three days to evantually pay for it. So after he won the book on ebay, he complained that he over paid for the book. So I knew that the deal was no longer vaild. In the end he pulled out of the deal, meanwhile I now have to call ebay and explain to them with happend, and try to re-coop my listing fees. Im unhappy and dissapointed that someone would bid on something and not pay for it, and pull out of the deal.

So as I understand it, you told someone who doesn't have the money to bid on your auction? hm What?!?

Ebay allows buyers to back out of auctions. If you sell on ebay you have accept their rules and allowances. I have had buyers back out of my auctions as well. The last one I did a second chance offer as he had bidded the exact amount as the winner but was a second too late.

I would open a case on this auction and if he doesn't pay within 4 days (I believe) he will get a mark against his account. http://resolutioncenter.ebay.com/

Then move on and do a second chance offer or just relist it.

If I make a deal with you or anyone else...I keep my word. Im not going to cry about paying too much 5 min later.

Fair enough.

But I also don't think it appropriate to start a dedicated thread about someone doing so - which let's face it, is not a capital crime - just to smear his name, when you actually triggered him backing out of the deal.

You might have been upset that he thought he overpaid, but without your offer to pass the book along to the 2nd highest bidder, it seems likely that he would have paid.

I think the pair of you shoulder some of the blame here and both of you should let this thread die and simply learn from the experience.

There are rarely cut and dry situations involving board transactions. Seeing as most of us have been ripped off in the past, as a buyer or seller, there is a tendency to vilify the buyer/seller who is the counter party of the transction being brought to light. (shrug)

Not always smart, but it is predictable. One question I have is whether or not the buyer knew that the seller was a board member before he started blaming his brother for overbidding in a popular thread in the Silver Forum?

If I read that someone thought they paid to much for a book in an auction of mine.. I'd have thought them pretty stupid for agreeing to pay for it then...

I wouldn't offer them an easy out. IMO this thread is in bad taste, from the quote I read it comes off like your saying " If your having trouble getting the funds together don't sweat it, I have plenty of other buyers".

you offered him a way out... he took it. This appears to be on you.

(thumbs u

Bottom line when you bid on an item or shake someone's hand then you need to MAN UP pay for it and not cry about it 5 min later...Don't post that you have 3k to spend on a book when you don't.. And yes, i did give him a pass but that's not the point. You F'd up simple as that.

Bottom line when you bid on an item or shake someone's hand then you need to MAN UP pay for it and not cry about it 5 min later...Don't post that you have 3k to spend on a book when you don't.. And yes, i did give him a pass but that's not the point. You F'd up simple as that.

If YOU gave him a pass to back out of deal and he accepted, YOU FARKED UP!!! Its as simple as that!

You need to man up and accepted you made a mistake and stop blaming others for your mistake.

I say we put pc1009 on probation.

If I read this thread right.....

You let the buyer off the hook, then came on here to smear his name as a non-paying bidder??

:screwy:

What was I suppost to do?? if you bid on an item and don't have the fund's there no other way around it. If he would have MAN UP paid for after he won it then this would have never happen.

If you expected him to man up and pay then you should not have offered him a chance to back out. YOU FARKED UP

Ok your the highest bidder pay for it and move on...don't come on the boards and cry about it.

If you offer a bidder a chance to back out and he accepts your offer DON'T COME ON THE BOARDS AND CRY ABOUT IT

Ok your the highest bidder pay for it and move on...don't come on the boards and cry about it.

He can cry about it all he likes...many posts here relate to what was paid for an item and whether it was over the odds or not.

But I'll tell you one thing he didn't do...he didn't start a specific thread to cry about his own -up.

If you offer a bidder a chance to back out and he accepts your offer DON'T COME ON THE BOARDS AND CRY ABOUT IT

Thats the bottom line!