• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dead Beat Bidder AF 15

3,340 posts in this topic

Fair enough. I'm not a fan of backing out of a deal, brother or no brother, but

it sounds like the seller didn't give us all the details. Hope you can understand

that we've seen all too many people not paying for what they've purchased.

Yup. I'm not sure I understand the details here, or maybe misunderstood. But if the buyer was always willing to pay within a reasonable time frame, and subsequently came to an agreement with the seller to end the transaction, then that's different than what was "apparently" presented in this thread.

Hey Omar...(I think that's your name) Why would someone bid or win an auction and 5 min. later tell everyone that you over paid for a book that you just won?? Dude if you change your mind then you shouldn't have bid. Keep dreaming if you that your going find a higher grade in that price range.

Hey Omar...(I think that's your name) Why would someone bid or win an auction and 5 min. later tell everyone that you over paid for a book that you just won?? Dude if you change your mind then you shouldn't have bid. Keep dreaming if you that your going find a higher grade in that price range.

Your original post here is followed by the PM that was said to be from you also. Is the PM accurate?

If so, it would appear from the PM that you saw his posts in the AF15 thread about overpaying, if he had buyers remorse you certainly seemed willing to accomodate him in the PM, the fact that you stated you'd offer it to the next guy is generous but if you're going to offer to do it then don't complain when someone takes you up on it. Just sayin'

As alot of you know, I had my AF 15, CGC 1.0 on auction this past week on ebay, no reserve. Anyways the guy who one the auction is a boardie, on here. He PM, me saying that he was really interested in the AF 15, He made an offer of $2,750, but told me he wanted to make payments. I declined because I wanted the money all at once. So I told him to bid on it, via ebay, and If he won I would gave in three days to evantually pay for it. So after he won the book on ebay, he complained that he over paid for the book. So I knew that the deal was no longer vaild. In the end he pulled out of the deal, meanwhile I now have to call ebay and explain to them with happend, and try to re-coop my listing fees. Im unhappy and dissapointed that someone would bid on something and not pay for it, and pull out of the deal.

Hey I was reading where you thought you paid too much for the book...if you think your not going to be happy let me know and I'll offer to the next guy.

Hey I can't force anyone to buy something....so what was I supposed to say. Buy my book or I'll call the comic cops..

Well, you screwed up here.

If he felt he overpaid, that's his worries, not yours. He bid on your eBay item and won it. He's obligated to buy it from you at that amount, and you're obligated to sell it to him at that amount. That's how the nice system works.

If you are going to do the unthinkable and let him back out of the deal, don't start this thread and try to smear his name. You just let him back out and you're upset at him? You should have started a thread about how you just did something stupid. Oh wait, you just did. :boo:

Andy

"Hey I was reading where you thought you paid too much for the book...if you think your not going to be happy let me know and I'll offer to the next guy"

Dude, why would you write this to the buyer and then make this thread :boo:

+1

just offer it to the next guy.... or did they pull out also? :boo:

Hey I can't force anyone to buy something....so what was I supposed to say. Buy my book or I'll call the comic cops..

Well, you screwed up here.

If he felt he overpaid, that's his worries, not yours. He bid on your eBay item and won it. He's obligated to buy it from you at that amount, and you're obligated to sell it to him at that amount. That's how the nice system works.

If you are going to do the unthinkable and let him back out of the deal, don't start this thread and try to smear his name. You just let him back out and you're upset at him? You should have started a thread about how you just did something stupid. Oh wait, you just did. :boo:

Andy

(thumbs u

If I make a deal with you or anyone else...I keep my word. Im not going to cry about paying too much 5 min later.
And that's the right way to go about it. Don't offer money for goods or options to buyers unless you are prepared to live with it.

To answer an earlier question:

I didn't screw up...
No you didn't screw up if your top priority was ensuring that your buyer was 'happy' because you appear to give him the option to back out if he wasn't happy.

Did he back out? Yes.

Did you make it seem like a big deal before he backed out? No.