• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dead Beat Bidder AF 15

3,340 posts in this topic

That's after he won the damn auction! Not more than 5 miniutes after the auction!
So he wasn't home to bid...yet managed to come and post about overpaying 5 minutes later...right.

In my Universe you pay for what you buy and you don't back out of a deal

after overpaying by a couple hundred bucks. How much is a reputation worth?

Bingo! As far as I'm concerned your reputation is everything.

All the best things that I own, I pretty much over-paid for

Absolutely.

My wife being top of the list. :/

You own her. Does she know?

Why were you selling it anyways, just 19 days before you listed it, you bought it. You were so proud of owning it, yet you listed it the same day it came back from CGC. I am actually SHOCKED you bought it, graded it, auctioned it off and have a 14 page thread about a dead beat bidder in a total of 25 days.

If nothing else I think you may win some type of an award for this.

I've seen A LOT of people on this board do that very same thing. It's nothing new, and no reason why he should be singled out for selling so fast.

No< I was not singling him out. I was genuinely curious as to why he wanted to sell it with no time of enjoying it first.

PC said he got a 4.0, that makes perfect sense.

I do think he should receive an award for fastest key flip though. 25 days to take a raw from an auction house, to a completed 5 day ebay auction, with a pit stop at CGC is almost impossible.

There are board members flip a book that was still in possession of the original owner. Some board members even try to have the original possessor ship to the third party buyer.

That's after he won the damn auction! Not more than 5 miniutes after the auction!
So he wasn't home to bid...yet managed to come and post about overpaying 5 minutes later...right.

Absolutely.

i see maybe the dog house in your future,when she does find out :roflmao:

Stirring the pot...stirring the pot :whistle:

Need I remind the boards of our introduction to the OP and this little gem of a thread...we had half-truths, noobness, and all around shennanigans...hell even Danimal (pre-collapse) was in on the naysaying before he got HoS'ed himself...

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3892172&fpart=1

Hi did anyone get a chance to see the spider-man #129 that was on ebay? The Non-graded one that didn't meet the reserve on .....835.00?

this thread confused me..I thought the book didn't meet reserve at over $800 so a CGC 9.2 is a bad deal right? add the cost of express slabbing so what am I missing?

Seems this guy bought the book off ebay,sent it in to CGC,and recieved his grade all in three days, two days of which was Sat.& Sun.(easter weekend).Thats about it in a nutshell.

I own the book...........it was my book

This guy will always be a troll because of this thread....if he isn't banned eventually for being either a shill, or just a loser.

Absolutely.

I'd have to unchain her from the stove first. :P

My story aside (which if people want, I can probably prove with my call records from that day and a receipt from the Walmart I was at that shows the time of purchase), here are a couple of pms. I was ready to pay, but then it was suggested that the seller can pass it along to the next buyer.

Hey, I won the auction. I can pay you within 3-4 days if that is ok. It ended at almost exactly the same price we originally agreed on, lol.

Ok cool..Thanks.

Hey I was reading where you thought you paid too much for the book...if you think your not going to be happy let me know and I'll offer to the next guy.

I'll let you know tomorrow. My brother might be willing to pay the difference.

I need to know by today. Thanks

Also when I can expect payment...

You're probably better off passing it on. Sorry about all the confusion.

I've bought and sold tens of thousands of dollars worth of items on this board and have never backed out of a deal in the 4 years I've been here. If you want to pay for the item, then don't make the suggestion. Its as simple as that.

That being said this is my last post here. I will complete any transactions I have going, but won't post after that. I could care less if people think of me as a bad guy and a tool. Everyone makes mistakes and apparently I have to take full blame for this one.

Fair enough. I'm not a fan of backing out of a deal, brother or no brother, but

it sounds like the seller didn't give us all the details. Hope you can understand

that we've seen all too many people not paying for what they've purchased.

This is what the Probation Discussions is for: and to allow BOTH parties to state their case. But as is typical, the pitchforks come out before both sides are stated.

Time to buy a new soap box.

Absolutely.

er,you better be fast. i was always told to stand in front of the cupboards,where the pots and pans were stored,if and when the spouse was irate. either that or have good ducking ability lol

I've bought and sold tens of thousands of dollars worth of items on this board and have never backed out of a deal in the 4 years I've been here.

I wouldn't be so bold with that statement. You agreed to buy a FF #1 from me with time payments. I agreed and then you asked to get a second opinion on grade, when no set grade was ever given. Then you backed out after having agreed to buy it. I let it slide cause I thought it was just going to be a hassle overall. But don't trot out a spotless record to justify yourself here.
:popcorn:

Late to the party, but there's still plenty of crazy to go around. :banana:

In before the finger pointing of who "cry" (sic) first and hardest...oh damn...too late for that. :sorry:

Late to the party, but there's still plenty of crazy to go around. :banana:

In before the finger pointing of who "cry" (sic) first and hardest...oh damn...too late for that. :sorry:

You're later than a period in the trailer park.

BINGO...not the first time he's pulled this BS.

Can you provide us with the PM or email from Lemonman5 where he specifically says he's not going to pay you BEFORE you PM'd him and told him that he didn't have to pay you if he didn't want to?

I smell BS too, but I think the wind direction is the opposite of what you think it is.

i have bought and sold on ebay, and ive had to back out of a deal as a seller because a book got ruined, I have overpaid for every book i have ever bought,and i own over 18k of em, the only ones i didnt overpay for is the ones i got for free, that is my opinion.

i can jump on here and moan about how much i pay for new books or old books or any other books, and whoever sold em to me can look and laugh and say "i thought i undersold the book" or whatever, most collectors i know dont like payin 1 penny more than they have to for a book, so most are not happy with every purchase, and most have thought they overpaid for a book or 2.

but just because somebody who buys a book jumps on here and says they overpaid dont mean they person_without_enough_empathyin about the purchase, just person_without_enough_empathyin about the price. jeez.

callin somebody out cause they wanna express their opinion on here, thats a little lame. and then tellin the buyer that they dont haveta follow thru on the purchase, well mate, thats on you. you screwed up, so move on, suck it up, admit your mistake, and apologize and b done with it.

Absolutely.

er,you better be fast. i was always told to stand in front of the cupboards,where the pots and pans were stored,if and when the spouse was irate. either that or have good ducking ability lol

Did you misspell the penultimate word in the last sentence?

Absolutely.

Did you misspell the penultimate word in the last sentence?

There's a pretty good chance the OP thinks that word is in reference to the world's largest pen.