• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dead Beat Bidder AF 15

3,340 posts in this topic

Dude if he had 2nd thoughts about the book don't bid on it..simple as that.

I have been selling on ebay since 2005 and have had countless sales gone bad due to no paying bidders. Most often I try to contact them and yet I get no replies. Your buyer (a fellow boardie) openly admited he made an error, contacted you in timely fashion. Thats when you decided to be a nice guy and let him back out of the deal. Then you dash on here and begin a thread about Lemmonhead and how he did not pay you. You get everyone here up in arms and on your side until the most important part of the story unfolds, The Truth. You made a big mistake opening up a thread, hoping to gain allies vs Lemmonhead. You don't really have the right to bash him even though he was wrong. Time to back track and go over all your notes and see that if you were in his shoes that you would be upset. In the end you have you book and Lemmonman is still looking. I got to do laundry now.

Sufunk when I buy something I pay for it no qustions ask....If I think I paid too much it I suck it up and move on.

I agree and do the same thing. BUT, from that exchange you posted it seems you offered him a way out REAL quick. It looks like he was going to pay all pissin and moaning aside if you hadnt let him out of it.

Under those circumstances, calling him a "deadbeat" strikes me as going a little too far.

A whiner? yes

Deadbeat? No

The 7.0 PLOD AF15 is also relisted. My guess is a non payer situation i.e. brother, cat, whatever. I don't think the rest of the world does anything more but just move on. Opening up a thread and bashing a fellow boardie best have better backing facts next time you do it, just sayin'.

His way out was his brother was the bidder..

His brother wasn't his way out...unless his brother runs eBay.

You gave him the way out. He didn't ask for it. It didn't get handed down from on high. His brother didn't arrange it.

You told him you would offer it to the 2nd highest bidder.

This is not difficult to understand.

I've bought and sold tens of thousands of dollars worth of items on this board and have never backed out of a deal in the 4 years I've been here.

I wouldn't be so bold with that statement. You agreed to buy a FF #1 from me with time payments. I agreed and then you asked to get a second opinion on grade, when no set grade was ever given. Then you backed out after having agreed to buy it. I let it slide cause I thought it was just going to be a hassle overall. But don't trot out a spotless record to justify yourself here.

As alot of you know, I had my AF 15, CGC 1.0 on auction this past week on ebay, no reserve. Anyways the guy who one the auction is a boardie, on here. He PM, me saying that he was really interested in the AF 15, He made an offer of $2,750, but told me he wanted to make payments.

I'm guessing he wanted to make the first payment, then have you send him the book, and then he'd promise to make the other payments...

You guessed wrong.

I've bought and sold tens of thousands of dollars worth of items on this board and have never backed out of a deal in the 4 years I've been here.

I wouldn't be so bold with that statement. You agreed to buy a FF #1 from me with time payments. I agreed and then you asked to get a second opinion on grade, when no set grade was ever given. I let it slide cause I thought it was just going to be a hassle overall. But don't trot out a spotless record to justify yourself here.
:o

Why were you selling it anyways, just 19 days before you listed it, you bought it. You were so proud of owning it, yet you listed it the same day it came back from CGC. I am actually SHOCKED you bought it, graded it, auctioned it off and have a 14 page thread about a dead beat bidder in a total of 25 days.

If nothing else I think you may win some type of an award for this.

I've seen A LOT of people on this board do that very same thing. It's nothing new, and no reason why he should be singled out for selling so fast.

No< I was not singling him out. I was genuinely curious as to why he wanted to sell it with no time of enjoying it first.

PC said he got a 4.0, that makes perfect sense.

I do think he should receive an award for fastest key flip though. 25 days to take a raw from an auction house, to a completed 5 day ebay auction, with a pit stop at CGC is almost impossible.