• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Where do you store your Priceless CGC

54 posts in this topic

where do you keep you priceless CGC slab in??

The book is put in a mylite2 with fullback. The slab is then stored in the trash.

slab be put priceless ones in mailer boxes from mail sending place..

the to me be addressed and out shupped so me have them comics books.

:screwy:

of course they would never get there because the address label wouldn't make any sense

To:Comics chat book gurl collecks

in partment be twenty8tee

can's azz seatee miseryly

:D

there are a few comics slab that i have that is worth getting more than $1000, and i want to keep them in a safe place. a business depot near my place is selling a mini safe ($20) with an inner dimension of 7.5" x 12" x 3". the safe is fire proff and water proff, which is really neat. would a CGC slab me able to fit thru there???

I know I am the queen of typos..but somedays I want a red pen..

"slab me able to fit thru there"

No the safe will not work well.

You want a safe that is fire PROOF and water PROOF

PROFF safes are where they keep errant proffesors so they do not escape..unless your English proff is small enough to fit in there it's no good.

Came to say this. Leaving satisfied. I am always surprised at how acceptant society is of people who write this poorly. It's as if no one minds that we are on a collision course with an 'Idiocracy' future.

there are a few comics slab that i have that is worth getting more than $1000, and i want to keep them in a safe place. a business depot near my place is selling a mini safe ($20) with an inner dimension of 7.5" x 12" x 3". the safe is fire proff and water proff, which is really neat. would a CGC slab me able to fit thru there???

I know I am the queen of typos..but somedays I want a red pen..

"slab me able to fit thru there"

No the safe will not work well.

You want a safe that is fire PROOF and water PROOF

PROFF safes are where they keep errant proffesors so they do not escape..unless your English proff is small enough to fit in there it's no good.

Came to say this. Leaving satisfied. I am always surprised at how acceptant society is of people who write this poorly. It's as if no one minds that we are on a collision course with an 'Idiocracy' future.

wow...alot of language police here........ that small little sentence (or part of a sentence) was supposed to read "slab BE able to fit thru there"....

"I swear officer, it was just a slip of the finger...instead of B, the M came out, i was kinda in a hurry...I promise it wont happen again" doh!

Go to the "Ask CGC" section of the boards and read the 5th thread in there. It provides more details on issues with firesafes...

thanx for the heads-up man.... I didn't even thought of looking in that part.......

So safe isn't really safe at all ...huh??? So I guess a good place to put your gem is in a briefcase???? unless there is also another forum that objects to that......

"I swear officer, it was just a slip of the finger...instead of B, the M came out, i was kinda in a hurry...I promise it wont happen again" doh!

I gave an officer a slip of the finger once. He didn't like it much.

I find secrecy to be the best option. If your neighbors or people close to you do not know you have some high dollar slabs, your chances of being robbed are less. Me, I trust my neighbors, but I do not know if I trust other people that they may speak to.

I had learned as a young boy a lesson from my grandmother. She told me the story of a family friend that had a coin collection. This friend would show it to anyone that wanted to see it as he was proud of it. Sometime during the 40's he was not home and got robbed and his collection was gone.

In regards to hiding places. I have read that thieves like to check bedroom closets, so that would not be a place I would pick to hide items.

Maybe instead of a safe you could use the same money and somehow create a secret wall panel/cubby hole or other hiding area. Some place with easy access but not easy to find.

I don't know, maybe I've read too many Uncle Scrooge books, but to me being stealthy is the way to go. If a sneak thief does not know something exists, chances are you will not be robbed.

wow...alot of language police here........ that small little sentence (or part of a sentence) was supposed to read "slab BE able to fit thru there"....

Well, it is a message board about comic books and reading... :baiting:

Back ON topic, I heard the same thing about the fire safes. I don't know of any other inexpensive and realistic way of storing expensive books.

You could always do this - and replace the humidifiers with dehumidifiers - or building your own interior storage unit by utilizing methods of insulation found here might work, too. Part of my future house renovations include a small storage unit in the basement that will be air-tight, watertight up to 6" and insulated, protecting it from heat and humidity that is produced within the house.

The problem with mini-safes is that people can still haul them away. Speaking for myself, I invested in a full size gunsafe that can also be bolted down. I had a break in back in '96 while I was out of town and the thief made off with about 35k worth of vintage hockey and baseball cards. Ever since then, I've been very security conscious.

Not all my books are kept here. Just my most expensive or hard to find.

safe.jpg

The problem with mini-safes is that people can still haul them away. Speaking for myself, I invested in a full size gunsafe that can also be bolted down. I had a break in back in '96 while I was out of town and the thief made off with about 35k worth of vintage hockey and baseball cards. Ever since then, I've been very security conscious.

Not all my books are kept here. Just my most expensive or hard to find.

safe.jpg

I know who's house to run to when the Zombie apocalypse strikes.