• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

***********STUART SAYGER SKETCH OPP****************

354 posts in this topic

Cool, had to figure he was somewhere in the Indiana/Ohio/Kentucky area based on his more frequent stops scheduled for this year. Looks like I will be running into him 4+ times this year. Looking forward to getting a bunch of sketches done by him.

I'm hoping Sayger keeps his table clean.

Seems like most of his sketches are below 9.8 coz of the stains in the back.

Never gonna happen, but here's to wishfull thinking [thumbsup]

Hell it looks like sometimes he marks up the back covers on purpose. I don't think he is a fan of the grading system on sketched books. :)

Just paint the back cover Black before you send the book to be sketched, Or ask him to color the back cover Black.

I think this will pull the 9.4s ( most of his sketches seem to be 9.4s) to 9.6 or 9.8.

But you really can't worry about the grade for a Sayger. And you got to love the creativity involved in his Magneto and Venom to get them below 5.0 :headbang:

Okay, somehow ROUND 2 got lost?????

Here are the covers:

sketchcovers2b.jpg

And this is from Stuart:

A message to all my fans to purchased custom sketch covers...

Thanks goes out to everyone for supporting me and my work! I had a blast making this batch of sketch covers... I tried not to do anything too crazy when drawing this group, but there are a few where I may have pushed the boundaries... The Riddler cover has a hole drilled completely through the book at the site of the "dot" at the bottom of the "question mark".. the Riddler asks, "Why would I drill a hole in the cover of this comic? Answer: To make it a HOLE lot better" (corny , yes, but kinda fun too!)

The Deadpool cover has three actual bullet holes through the cover where Deadpool's shoulder is... Deadpool states, " Shot 3 times!? At least they missed my beautiful face!"

Also many of these cover feature added color or are a wrap around image where at the original requests were for fronts only to be executed in black and white. There is no rhyme or reason as to which covers became wrap arounds, or received color other than where my particular mood took me at that time... If you received color, or a wrap around image please consider this a special bonus... a way of me to say "Thanks everyone!" As many of you know, I normally don't work in color, but something came over me for a few days...

I hope this group pleases everyone involved! I had a blast doing them! If the opportunity arises to do another batch in the future we might be able to do it all again.. I only want to stress that the wrap around covers and colors were done at my own discretion and should not be construed as representational of what to expect from future sketch covers...

lastly... WOW.. THOSE BATMAN BLANKS ARE SO SO SO VERY HARD TO DRAW ON.. If anyone should make arrangements to get a sketch cover from me in the future I would ask that you NOT have it done on one of the blank German Batman covers... I tried erasing the front before drawing, I even sandpapered the front of one in an attempt to make the paper more receptive to inks... Nothing i tried seemed to work... The Bane cover was so difficult and demanding that I varnished the cover when it was finished to help hold all the inks/ paints together... ( that's why it is shiny in the photo)

They'll be making their way to CGC in the next few days!

I hope all is well.. Please PLEASE give 'em a good home!

Thanks so very much everyone... it really means a lot!

And this is from Stuart:

A message to all my fans to purchased custom sketch covers...

The Bane cover was so difficult and demanding that I varnished the cover when it was finished to help hold all the inks/ paints together... ( that's why it is shiny in the photo)

:roflmao:

He drilled through a book? :o

Wouldn't surprise me. He's torn them and cut them. You name it. They always look cool, but the grade gets hammered. Another reason why sketch covers should be graded NG.