• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wolverine 35???? Tough to find in high grade?
1 1

723 posts in this topic

Here is my one shot I may submit..

wolverine35.jpg

Is that a color break right about captain america's ear?

Yeah, but it doesn't matter because it doesn't count against the grade on this issue. It's supposed to be there.

It is a defect and does count against the grade.

Only in 9.9 or higher.

Here is my one shot I may submit..

wolverine35.jpg

Is that a color break right about captain america's ear?

Yeah, but it doesn't matter because it doesn't count against the grade on this issue. It's supposed to be there.

It is a defect and does count against the grade.

Only in 9.9 or higher.

:lol:

On a ball busting scale of 1-10, you are at an 11.

What does the back cover look like?

Aside from the production defect I see another spine break over the "B" in blood.

+1 edit: and a tiny tick pointing right at the C Edited by Hado

Hi everyone!

I've never posted on the forums before (guess I'm a bit shy) but like the rest of you, I'm also into comics and having them graded.

I came across this thread awhile back and became obsessed with finding this Wolverine issue in at least a 9.6 condition. I submitted two that I already had and one came back as a 9.0 and the other as a 9.4.

A few months ago I was at a comic shop in Ventura and they had a copy of Wolverine #35 shoved in a box on the floor. It was in a bag (no backing board) and it was marked VF+. I bought it for less than $2 and sent it in last month along with two other comics. I did look it over before sending it and only saw the infamous production defect but other than that everything looked fine.

I got my comics back Friday and well here it is

CGC_wolvie.jpg

I apologize for the scan and wish I'd paid the extra imaging cost offered by the CGC.

I know there is one other person who has Wolverine #35 in 9.8 but as for me, I couldn't be happier. (Unless it had come in at a 9.9 or 10!)

Cheers!

Hi everyone!

I've never posted on the forums before (guess I'm a bit shy) but like the rest of you, I'm also into comics and having them graded.

I came across this thread awhile back and became obsessed with finding this Wolverine issue in at least a 9.6 condition. I submitted two that I already had and one came back as a 9.0 and the other as a 9.4.

A few months ago I was at a comic shop in Ventura and they had a copy of Wolverine #35 shoved in a box on the floor. It was in a bag (no backing board) and it was marked VF+. I bought it for less than $2 and sent it in last month along with two other comics. I did look it over before sending it and only saw the infamous production defect but other than that everything looked fine.

I got my comics back Friday and well here it is

CGC_wolvie.jpg

I apologize for the scan and wish I'd paid the extra imaging cost offered by the CGC.

I know there is one other person who has Wolverine #35 in 9.8 but as for me, I couldn't be happier. (Unless it had come in at a 9.9 or 10!)

Cheers!

Great story and a (worship) to you sir! Welcome.