• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Metropolis *spooned* me
2 2

575 posts in this topic

Kerouac, I don't believe we've met. Come forward.

We will do three rounds, three minutes each. We need to agree on a referee. Pick someone from the congregation.

What is your name? Can you unbiasedly observe the match?

I believe I can

O.K., I accept him.

Uhh, Mr. Diggler, you are tempting me and obviously trying to weaken my will. Please reserve your wrestler for later.

The Dharma Bums[/i]]

"You'll be sorry someday. Why don't you ever understand what I'm trying to tell you: It's with your six senses that you're fooled into believeing that, not only that you have six senses, but that you contact an actual outside world with them. If it wasn't for your eyes, you wouldn't see me. If it wasn't for your ears you wouldn't hear that airplane. If it wasn't for your nose, you wouldn't smell the midnight mint. If it wasn't for your tounge taster, you wouldn't taste the difference between A and B. If it wasn't for your body, you wouldn't feel Princess. There is no airplane, no mind, no Princess, no nothing, you for krissakes, do you want to go on being fooled every minute of your life?"

"Yes, that's all I want..."

The rules are my own to make, Sir.

Edited by RickL

RockMyAmadeus, who is this guy? He is a worthy opponent. Come here my friend. Where do you come from?

I stand as a friend of the goddess. Who do you stand with?

Let us begin. May the powers of the worlds protect us and heal us and give victory to what is written.

Let us shake hands and hug before the battle.

Power to the Great Mother.

Blessings to all living beings.

Metropolis' Army of Girly-Men

Cowards and heroes, come gather round me. Make room for everyone. Among us stand men and women who serve a demon and are hypocrites.

On the thread "Showcase-New-England How's their grading?" (at this moment, on page 3) a number of boardies shared their long ago experiences.

But when I shared my long ago Metropolis experience, you threw me in the mud.

Why? The length of time is the same.

Is it not because your minds have been enslaved and you fear and want to please the master?

This lowly god, who has taken the name Metropolis, has vast reach and great resources. How do you think he got them? By being nice? By being honest? By being a good member of the community? Are we under some kind of spell?

When Metropolis sold me Mary Marvel #17, the foxing and staple rust was not disclosed. Through this slight-of-hand, I overpaid by approximately $40.

How many thousands or tens-of-thousands of people have had similar experiences but are afraid to come forward and do not want to pay return shipping?

Good people, do not be afraid. I stand with you right here, right now, and always. Among us are the Master's thugs and bullies. Talk among yourselves. Of those who serve Metropolis, who is your leader and the strongest?

I challenge you, in front of this congregation, while the Gods and Goddesses bear witness, to a wrestling match. Let the winner be accepted by all.

Come here now. I am waiting.

Let me see if I can help you figure out what the difference is between you and those other posters::

1. The other posters listed their experiences in an existing thread.

2. You started a thread to bash Metropolis 2 years after the deal was done.

3. Had you added you experience to the existing thread, that you mentioned earlier, you may not have been treated so harshly.

4. You didn't want compensation and said you held no grudge, yet, you continued to complain.

5. You said you were "really, really happy" with the book, yet you still complain about it.

So, I believe these are a good part of why you were treated one way and those other posters were treated differently. Then again, maybe someone just doesn't understand the logic. (shrug)

While we're waiting for Vinnie and Frank, if it would please you, I can read a poem.

A quiet residence

with hardly a neighbor--

a grass-covered path

and deserted garden.

birds roost

in pond-side trees;

in moonlight,

a monk knocks at a gate.

Crossing a bridge

unfolds more wilderness;

moving a rock

moves the base of clouds.

I've been absent for some time,

but now I'm back;

i won't break our vow

of retreat.

aszumilo, come forward.

#1 is irrelevant. Tell us otherwise.

#2 is correct. Is that a problem?

I'm sorry, I'm not clear on #3

#4. Have you ever been cheated? Do you have a cut-off time when you get over it?

#5. The Davis Crippen copy of Mary Marvel #17 belongs with me.

I think your logic has been influenced by your fear of facing the scariest monsters. Gather your strength and stand with us.