• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Metropolis *spooned* me
2 2

575 posts in this topic

I understand that grading is subjective. My purpose in starting this thread was to share my experience with Metropolis. I am not looking for any form of compensation.

Even though this happened two years ago, it still happened.

If any of you were to purchase a book, I'm sure you would like foxing and staple rust disclosed.

But it had a nice cover. Taking that into account, the book was over-graded in my estimation by 1-2 grades.

I love the comic book itself and I decided to keep it.

But I will never buy from Metropolis again.

I went to Dunkin Donuts 2 years ago, I went through the drive through and asked for a large regular hot coffee. Circled around, picked up the coffee, I think I over paid, heck both McDonalds and Cumberland Farms are both selling comprable size coffees at just a $1. Anyways my phone rings and I drive away. About 2 miles down the road I sip my overpriced coffee, :frustrated: there was no cream, I was pissed. 2 years later I start a thread on the Coffee Boards about how Dunks screwed me and ruined my whole day. Today I called them, You insipred me, they said I could return it, I told them I drank it anyways. They asked what can we do for you? I told them that they they made me pay a high price for a coffee that I did not like. I just want everyone to never go there anymore, they are bad and they used falsification tactics. If they were out of cream that day I would have been happy with milk, mabye. I just wanted to share my experience incase anyone here ever wanted to deal with this company, that they should carefully inspect what they order. I will never go there again, YEAH RIGHT

Sheeeeeeeeeeeet - I was sure this was Chespirto posting - wada I know........, ?

Bill977, at the time I did consider contacting them. I went to their website and read their return policy.

To return the Mary Marvel would have cost me a little money and since they had not disclosed the actual condition of the book, I didn't feel like I should pay to return it. That seemed wrong to me. And I wasn't going to do it.

But beyond the money, this is a hard book to find and I was happy to have the book (really, really happy). But I was not happy with what they had neglected to mention.

That non-disclosure pocketed them perhaps an extra $30-40 dollars.

The reason I am sharing my experience now is because someone on another thread asked about the grading accuracy of Metropolis.

It's been two years. This may be one of the few times I've thought about it since.

I don't want compensation and I have no grudge against Metropolis.

I'm making dinner for some friends tonight. I have to sign out. If my two year ago experience means anything to you great. If not, that's great, too.

I appreciate the time you and all the other posters and readers took to hear my experience.

Maybe, if you shared your experience in that thread, you would have been taken a little more seriously.

I thought the same thing.

Where's the scan? (shrug)

Give him a little while. He got a virus from photobucket. He's going through his little black book in search of someone he can trust to post the picture.

New Thread:

Photobucket me.

Photobucket me

Indeed, how dare they ask me to pay to upgrade my free account since I jacked up my account with my sale thread and all the scans.

Photobucket lept off the stage once and stuck his finger up my @ss. The only reason I'm bringing this up is because I think he won't show up here.

I knew this thread would have a happy ending.
Eeeeeeeeew
Oh come on......, they do it with their feet. meh

Eeeeeeeeew

_wsb_462x242_happy+feet.jpg

One toe at a time...., :cloud9:

Eeeeeeeeew

_wsb_462x242_happy+feet.jpg

One toe at a time...., :cloud9:
Are those faces of humans or animals? Like camels and such...

so, this guy buys a book with no scan 2 years ago, then the book isn't up to par, so instead of contacting metro to say he is unhappy, he happily keeps the copy he has FOR TWO YEARS before "venting" on these boards? what a waste of everyone's time. i've had nothing but good experiences with metro. i think i'll keep buying from them.

Man there's some weird people on this board. I'm starting to wonder about my decision to get back into collecting. What if I turn into a total freak as well? :ohnoez:

Hell the OP is so out there I don't even think he's for real. Calling himself dharmaforest and then coming in to stir things up, seems a joke to me.

Man there's some weird people on this board. I'm starting to wonder about my decision to get back into collecting. What if I turn into a total freak as well? :ohnoez:

It's too late....you can never leave this place. Leave your sanity at the door.

Speaking from experience again?

Yes. Yours. ;)

Yes. Yours. ;)

You wish.

Yes. Yours. ;)

You wish.

My wish was answered, apparently.

Yes. Yours. ;)

You wish.

All dreams come true.

Yes. Yours. ;)

You wish.

All dreams come true.

Would that that was the case....

I wonder if dharmaforest had a nice dinner. He probably had some lovely vegan curry and a bottle of organic red wine.

I envy his obvious state of inner peace and the grace with which he handled the conflict he found himself in.

We brawling fools can learn from him.