• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Metropolis *spooned* me
2 2

575 posts in this topic

Just talked to the client on the phone -- offered to him two years after the fact that we're willing to take the book back (which is unusual, but I don't want the guy going away mad or thinking I'm unwilling to help). He says there's a rusted staple in the book, which I can't speak to without seeing it or a scan (hopefully there'll be one soon). He also mentioned the foxing, which is not uncommon for an F/VF book or a D Copy, but, again, we'll always take returns on raw books if the buyer is unhappy. I'm still willing to take the book back, but he seems to be happy with it otherwise, so there it is. At least we got to talk on the phone, which was a relief. You kids go back to Pokemon or whatever it is you kids do these days.

Frank

Metro

This is what we do.

:roflmao:

Since this thread seems like a good way to get a response from Frank...

I am still waiting (13 days and counting) for a scan of the 8.0 Planet 56 that's on the website. :baiting:

You can just post the scan in this thread if you like! :foryou:

If it looks good I'll probably buy it and the other book we are discussing as well!

:takeit:

The book is hiding somewhere in the bowels of the stockroom -- in other words, misplaced. Our stock guys are tearing through the place looking for it, but it's proving elusive. I swear we haven't forgotten, just... stymied.

I am still waiting (13 days and counting) for a scan of the 8.0 Planet 56 that's on the website. :baiting:

If it looks good I'll probably buy it and the other book we are discussing as well!

The book is hiding somewhere in the bowels of the stockroom -- in other words, misplaced. Our stock guys are tearing through the place looking for it, but it's proving elusive. I swear we haven't forgotten, just... stymied.

Ok, good to know! If you can go ahead and set aside the Planet 7 I will definitely take it. Either with the 56, or by itself if the 56 continues to be elusive.

Email is so outdated, random postings on message boards is clearly the way of the future for business. lol

Ok, good to know! If you can go ahead and set aside the Planet 7 I will definitely take it. Either with the 56, or by itself if the 56 continues to be elusive.

Email is so outdated, random postings on message boards is clearly the way of the future for business. lol

Held. I'll let you know as soon as the 56 rears its head.

I just talked with Frank. He offered to take the book back. I said no.

I love this book.

My purpose in this thread, is to share with the community my experience with Metropolis.

Yes, I am looking for some resolution. In no way does it involve financial compensation. It's not that much money.

What do you want? Revenge? :screwy:

It want's a refund and to keep the book probably

Speculation! :rulez:

I just talked with Frank. He offered to take the book back. I said no.

I love this book.

My purpose in this thread, is to share with the community my experience with Metropolis.

Yes, I am looking for some resolution. In no way does it involve financial compensation. It's not that much money.

What do you want? Revenge? :screwy:

It want's a refund and to keep the book probably

Speculation! :rulez:

that's why I said probably....

I'm like a perfect 0 for 50 on snipe hunts. :(

I hear Daryl saw a Chupacabra once.

I dont know how many people got that or thought it was funny, but when i read that i just spit my pepsi all over the place and almost fell of my chair( not sure why i thought it was so funny) carry on.

. I don't have a record of him having requested one, but this was sold back in 2009,

After reading this thread this gives me a new idea for my sales threads. Lifetime return policy, no questions asked. Krap on it, leave it outside durning a rainstorm and the staples rust to he ll. Chop it in half with miter saw. Drop it in the toilet if your in the middle of reading it, no problem. You get an immediate refund.

DR.X

I dont know how many people got that or thought it was funny, but when i read that i just spit my pepsi all over the place and almost fell of my chair( not sure why i thought it was so funny) carry on.

I have that effect on people.

I have that effect on people.

Actually, come to think of it, that would make a fine custom title...

Mods?

Hello Mods? You there?

. I don't have a record of him having requested one, but this was sold back in 2009,

After reading this thread this gives me a new idea for my sales threads. Lifetime return policy, no questions asked. Krap on it, leave it outside durning a rainstorm and the staples rust to he ll. Chop it in half with miter saw. Drop it in the toilet if your in the middle of reading it, no problem. You get an immediate refund.

DR.X

Wait a minute! no way! Wait wait... are you saying what I think you're saying?...you can actually chop a comic in half with a miter saw???!!! :o

Did the boards just have a massive quote fail simultaneous grand mal seizure?

It's like an EMP of inability to quote was detonated in the center of this thread.

Did the boards just have a massive quote fail simultaneous grand mal seizure?

It's like an EMP of inability to quote was detonated in the center of this thread.

What? ???

Nice...blame it on the cute kid in the Bowler hat... :sumo:

Matthew20Stymie20Beard20Our20Gang.jpg

Typical Metro... :eyeroll: