• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Metropolis *spooned* me
2 2

575 posts in this topic

Alright, I see a lot of interesting responses that are slightly off subject.

That's never happened here before...I swear.

I believe that I am now a member of photobucket.

Congratulations!!! In 4-6 weeks your Ceremonial Fez will be mailed to you along with a schedule of the annual photobucket snipe hunt and cribbage tournament!!

I'm like a perfect 0 for 50 on snipe hunts. :(

I hear Daryl saw a Chupacabra once.

Well, in this thread Metro have behaved with much more class than you have, so maybe Frank should start a thread about some guy called drama farmer or some such that buys books, isn't happy with them, waits two years to complain, which he doesn't do direct with the seller but on an online chat room.

Sheesh! :ohnoez:

I just talked with Frank. He offered to take the book back. I said no.

I love this book.

My purpose in this thread, is to share with the community my experience with Metropolis.

Yes, I am looking for some resolution. In no way does it involve financial compensation. It's not that much money.

I'm sorry, you are really talking out of your here. I don't really want to add to the dogpile but it's tough not to. You love the book. You do not want to return the book. You want compensation for said book that you love and don't want to return.

???

I love this book.

My purpose in this thread, is to share with the community my experience with Metropolis.

Yes, I am looking for some resolution. In no way does it involve financial compensation. It's not that much money.

What do you want? Revenge? :screwy:

I shared what my experience with Metropolis was. You can make light of it. I'm not one unfamiliar with laughter.

I hope all the members on this board have safe and trustworthy transactions. What we share in common is our love for comic books.

I love this book.

It want's a refund and to keep the book probably

Well, when you complain about a company on a message board and they show up to give you an explanation - doesn't get much better than that. Hell, I'd probably do future business with Metro simply because Frank cares enough to address a complaint. Kudos to Frank and Metro.

+1 for Frank at Metro's awesomeness

I love this book.

YES!!!!

Alright, I see a lot of interesting responses that are slightly off subject. In time, I think I can appreciate that. I kind of do already.

As it stands now, Metropolis sold me a comic book without disclosing major foxing and a bit of staple rust. In fact, they somewhat over-graded.

I believe that I am now a member of photobucket.

I am not technologically skillful, but I will somehow upload the image for you.

here come the back peddling....next it will be, "I understand grading is somewhat subjective"...and conclude in "my grading skill is asstrocious"

Since this thread seems like a good way to get a response from Frank...

I am still waiting (13 days and counting) for a scan of the 8.0 Planet 56 that's on the website. :baiting:

You can just post the scan in this thread if you like! :foryou:

If it looks good I'll probably buy it and the other book we are discussing as well!

:takeit:

I'm starting to think forestdharma is really Vinnie, and he's just desperate for some good PR for Metro. You know, cause breaking the world record (again) for the World's Most Expensive Comic when the Action # 1 9.0 sells in two weeks just won't be enough.

:Tongue planted firmly in cheek: